3 points - Insanepizzaguy
2 points - Matt7187
1 points - Englanddg
0 points - Unkadug
0 points - PUSH
0 points - Rct247

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 10 - What should the next big restaurant to hit a Walt Disney World park be?
Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, July 28.

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 10:
1. Insanepizzaguy (11 points)
1. Englanddg (11 points)
3. Unkadug (10 points)
4. Rct247 (8 points)
5. PUSH (7 points)
5. Matt7187 (7 points)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Am I the only one who misses the analysis of WHY points were assigned posts? (not that I'm complaining, my goal is to eat some pizza this round! <grin>)...but it is nice to see the rational.

Turtle

Original Poster
We're halfway through the game! So I'll announce how the winner will be determined.

At the end of the Challenge 20, the top two contestants will go head-to-head in a Best-Of-3-win playoff series.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think the next big restaurant to hit the parks should be a modern cuisine bistro focused on futuristic cooking methods with a matching environment that uses unique cooking methods, like dry ice, to deconstruct popular dishes and provide diners with a fresh and rare experience. This should be based in currently defunct the Odyssey restaurant in Epcot's Futureworld.

Turtle

Original Poster
When the challenge started, you used to post why you rated each person what you did.

I enjoyed that. I don't mind if you don't bring it back, I just enjoyed reading your thoughts about each submission.

That's all...
Okay, I'll bring it back!

insanepizzaguy

I would add a restaurant to Frontierland, it would be themed to a western saloon, with an outdoor patio and an old time quartet singing songs up on stage. It would be like a combination of The Golden Horseshoe and the Blue Bayou, the covered patio seating being a peaceful and ambient place while the saloon would be a fun, very joyous place to eat.

Matt7187

I would add a soup restaurant in the Contemperary, but it wouldn't be any old soup shack. It would serve fancy soups and futuristic soups like chilled Caesar Salad Soup, which I have actually had and is delicious.

PUSH

I would add a Ratatouille themed restaurant to Pixar Place in Hollywood Studios; this would help solve the problem of people leaving the park to eat due to lack of decent restaurants. The offerings would include foods that were prepared in the movie, along with other dishes.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A while back there were plans for a David Copperfield "Magic" Restaurant to be built near the Studios...bring back that concept but leave David out. A restaurant designed around Magic and Magicians props with roaming closeup magicians entertaining the guests.

rct247

While initially I was thinking Mos Eisley's Cantina, I decided that HarryHausen's from Monsters Inc would be a much more interesting idea that would be fun to experience and also offer new & different food options that are lacking at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Although it was a fancy restaurant in the movie, I feel like a quick service version would serve the park best and would feature Asian dishes & sushi with a Monster World twist that could possibly rival the Orlando theme park trend of unique food/drink options such as Butterbeer, LaFous Brew, Green Eggs & Ham, Duff Beer, Chicken Thumbs, etc.

Turtle

Original Poster
I think the next big restaurant to hit the parks should be a modern cuisine bistro focused on futuristic cooking methods with a matching environment that uses unique cooking methods, like dry ice, to deconstruct popular dishes and provide diners with a fresh and rare experience. This should be based in currently defunct the Odyssey restaurant in Epcot's Futureworld.
Fantastic. Brings a restaurant to Future World which is starving! Also, brings something that's futuristic that's not an "attraction" per say. Unique and interesting something that would be ADR'ed for a while!
I would add a restaurant to Frontierland, it would be themed to a western saloon, with an outdoor patio and an old time quartet singing songs up on stage. It would be like a combination of The Golden Horseshoe and the Blue Bayou, the covered patio seating being a peaceful and ambient place while the saloon would be a fun, very joyous place to eat.
Nice... But it isn't the type of place people will be swarming to eat at.

I would add a soup restaurant in the Contemperary, but it wouldn't be any old soup shack. It would serve fancy soups and futuristic soups like chilled Caesar Salad Soup, which I have actually had and is delicious.
It's supposed to be in-park.
I would add a Ratatouille themed restaurant to Pixar Place in Hollywood Studios; this would help solve the problem of people leaving the park to eat due to lack of decent restaurants. The offerings would include foods that were prepared in the movie, along with other dishes.
Hollywood Studios needs another nice yet not too fancy restaurant and I think this'd serve it well. I like the idea in having classic french dishes like the film yet having new things for non-French cuisine eaters.

A while back there were plans for a David Copperfield "Magic" Restaurant to be built near the Studios...bring back that concept but leave David out. A restaurant designed around Magic and Magicians props with roaming closeup magicians entertaining the guests.
I love it. Entertaining with food and magic! But it has to be in-park.
While initially I was thinking Mos Eisley's Cantina, I decided that HarryHausen's from Monsters Inc would be a much more interesting idea that would be fun to experience and also offer new & different food options that are lacking at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Although it was a fancy restaurant in the movie, I feel like a quick service version would serve the park best and would feature Asian dishes & sushi with a Monster World twist that could possibly rival the Orlando theme park trend of unique food/drink options such as Butterbeer, LaFous Brew, Green Eggs & Ham, Duff Beer, Chicken Thumbs, etc.
Monster specialty food? I'm in.

CHALLENGE 10 SCORES:

3 points - Englanddg
2 points - Rct247
1 points - PUSH
0 points - Unkadug0 points - Matt7187
0 points - Insanepizzaguy

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 11: How would you revolutionize the simulator pod? (Simulators like Star Tours, Body Wars, Storm Chasers)Submissions end on Sunday, July 29, at 11:59 PM EST.

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 11:
1. Englanddg (14 points)
2. Insanepizzaguy (11 points)
3. Unkadug (10 points)
3. Rct247 (10 points)
5. PUSH (8 points)
6. Matt7187 (7 points)

Last edited:

Matt7187

I would put it on a track and have the screen be able to move down so you don't see it. You would then be able to go through show scenes along with the simulating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom