One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Arabian Christmas Nights
1720438106264.jpeg

Disney wants to add new life to Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland so they decided to add a new Christmas overlay to the Magic Carpets, by itself the flat ride is often hated because it takes up space in Adventureland but this holiday overlay will add new kinetic elements to the flat ride. The outside of the attraction is covered in snow and small snow statues of Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Genie, Jafar, and the iconic 2 camels which all have Christmas hats and outfits on, the queue is filled with Christmas songs spoken in Arabian and Christmas lights and decorations. The attractions itself is also changed with the vehicles having snow over them and the flat ride is adorned in Christmas lights and decorations, the main addition to the Magic Carpets is a Santa Genie animatronic that will talk to guests on the ride and on the paths, he will also recite Christmas carols and songs to entertain guests.

Bonus:
Jafar’s twin brother, Janear, makes a surprise visit to Agrabar with a poster with him and Jafar standing next to each other.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Design a holiday overlay to any Adventureland attraction of your choice.
The Enchanted Tiki Room Thanksgiving Celebration
1720438982797.png
I've decided to go for a more jokey pitch this time. This overlay of the Enchanted Tiki Room starts out normally enough, but then all of a sudden the panicky turkey Mr. Gobbles (voiced by Harvey Guillen because stunt-casting) runs into the room and begs the Tiki Birds to protect him from the crazy people who want to cook him for Thanksgiving dinner. Throughout the show, the Tiki Birds sing such iconic Disney songs as "Un Poco Loco" (given new lyrics about how the turkey is "loco"), "Be Our Guest" (also given new lyrics about Thanksgiving food), "We Don't Talk About Bruno" (now about Black Friday for some reason), "You're Welcome" ('cause it's a THANKSgiving show, get it?) before the crazy people who want to cook Mr. Gobbles barge in, only for Fritz to save the day by suggesting that they get a turkey from ShopRite instead.

1720439532171.png
BONUS: In addition to Mr. Gobbles, there are two new characters in the preshow - Clyde and Claude have flown south for the winter and have been replaced by Coconuts and Papaya, two dimwitted monkeys (because monkeys are funny, right?) voiced by Chris Pratt and John Mulaney who just sit there and talk about all the great shows on Disney Plus and how you should totally get it if you haven't already, which doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving but synergy.

Disney Warrior

Disney Villain Cruise
1720440300237.jpeg

During the Halloween season, the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland/Magic Kingdom becomes a cruise through the dark jungles of Disney movies. Joined by an evil bird (that we will get to later), guests discover that the villains are trying to take over the entire park, one attraction at a time (but they first got their hands on this attraction). The existing animal animatronics are now a bit more vicious, and the Disney Villains that appear on the ride include all of the fan favorites (including those seen on the above image that I don’t own).

Bonus:
1720440853128.png

The bird I was talking about is the Screecher Bird, the evil twin of the Barker Bird from the Tiki Room.

Disney Dad 3000

Swiss Family Christmas Treehouse

Swiss-family-sign.jpg

Looking to pair the success of Jingle Cruise with additional holiday offerings and decor outside of Mainstreet USA, the Swiss Family Christmas Treehouse becomes a beacon of holiday revelry, but with a deserted island twist. By day, the queue and ramparts throughout are adorned with plant life fashioned into believable garland as various island berries accent the greenery while the families' quarters feature handmade decorations and palm fronds roped together to form island Christmas trees. At night, rustic decorated holiday lanterns shine around the treehouse in red and green hues, illuminating the various handmade ornaments hanging in various corners of the tree.

While not a character that guests can meet, Imagineer Bill Martin, who worked on the design of the original treehouse in Disneyland, is featured in a holiday painting of the extended Robinson family placed out as part of the decorations.

Sneakman

The Enchanted Tiki Room Thanksgiving Celebration
View attachment 797933
I've decided to go for a more jokey pitch this time. This overlay of the Enchanted Tiki Room starts out normally enough, but then all of a sudden the panicky turkey Mr. Gobbles (voiced by Harvey Guillen because stunt-casting) runs into the room and begs the Tiki Birds to protect him from the crazy people who want to cook him for Thanksgiving dinner. Throughout the show, the Tiki Birds sing such iconic Disney songs as "Un Poco Loco" (given new lyrics about how the turkey is "loco"), "Be Our Guest" (also given new lyrics about Thanksgiving food), "We Don't Talk About Bruno" (now about Black Friday for some reason), "You're Welcome" ('cause it's a THANKSgiving show, get it?) before the crazy people who want to cook Mr. Gobbles barge in, only for Fritz to save the day by suggesting that they get a turkey from ShopRite instead.
BONUS: In addition to Mr. Gobbles, there are two new characters in the preshow - Clyde and Claude have flown south for the winter and have been replaced by Coconuts and Papaya, two dimwitted monkeys (because monkeys are funny, right?) voiced by Chris Pratt and John Mulaney who just sit there and talk about all the great shows on Disney Plus and how you should totally get it if you haven't already, which doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving but synergy.
This is so dumb it loops back around to being brilliant (not knocking you at all, I got a good chuckle out of this. Keep up the good work)

Miru

Alien vs. Predator: Death Cruise

1720470124347.jpeg

Disney decides to jump off the slippery slope and actually start using their mature IP rather than just licensing them to Universal or something, demonstrating with a truly terrifying retheme of Jungle Cruise to this seminal IP duo. The first sign of things being way off is that kids are no longer allowed on it; the experience is recommended for mature audiences only, so the skippers can get vulgar by day, but aren’t present at all by night, shown as the starting cabin docks being ominously uninhabited, with no man made sound to be heard, and as it gets dark, you will hear the hisses of the Xenomorph and the howls of the Yautja, warning riders of the terror that awaits with animal-based Xenomorphs, egg pods in the temple, the Great Movie Ride Xenomorph’s return, and the headhunters redressed as Yautja looking for a kill.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 797916
Season 13, Project 7: Skip R' Treat
Welcome back to the eigth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prism of SYWTBAI! Solaris Knight's decision to use a new SYWTBAI prism means that all future prompts will be old prompts. With this weird new prism in place, OSC is now grounds for a revisiting of the forum's past, diving into the What Ifs from the most cherished prompts to grace the forum.

-The Set Up-
@TheOriginalTiki: "The Jungle Cruise is the original E Ticket of Disneyland as the largest scale attraction on opening day. It's endured as a classic through six decades seeing all kinds of changes along the riverbanks including the elephant bathing pool and trapped safari of the 1960's to the piranah attack added about ten years ago. Jingle Cruise was the next evolution in the Imagineers tinkering with the concept of the attraction. For this project you'll be taking the holiday overlay concept a step further.

Official]The Enchanted Tiki Room: Stitch Presents Aloha E Komo Mai!|Tokyo  Disneyland | Tokyo Disney Resort
The Jingle Cruise

Players this round will be designing a Halloween overlay of the Jungle Cruise for either Disneyland or Walt Disney World. How this overlay works is entirely up to you, but please be specific with dates as well as if you're choosing to still do Jingle Cruise in December and how that will affect this overlay's operation schedule. The overlay can be as elaborate or as modest as the team wants it to be, keeping in mind the grading rubric."

Due to the limited diversity of the prompt, the final challenge has been extended in its parameters below!

-The Submissions-
Team Chandlers's The Jungle Terror Cruise

-Challenge-
Design a holiday overlay to any Adventureland attraction of your choice.

-Rules-
  • Remember, it's not about how grand or detailed the pitch is, it's simply about how good the idea is.
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Thursday, July 11 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now
Reviews WILL BE POSTED either the day the deadline is due or the day after. If not, feel free to spam-ping my account until I post them.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Originality - This criterion I’m looking to see how unique or original a pitch is. Does it think outside the box?
Realism -Even though pitches can be really cool, there must also be grounds for realism. Is your pitch generally realistic to happen?
X-factor - This criterion is simply a personal opinion. Does AGP like it, or is wowed by it?

BONUS: Character Creations
Create an original character featured within the attraction’s overlay. This character can be the main draw of the overlay, or just a simple nod that only Disney fans would notice. You can add up to one extra sentence and image.
Western River Railroad Holiday Express
Tokyo Disneyland

31_main_visual_name_2.jpg

Your attention please: the holidays have come to Adventureland with the Western River Railroad Holiday Express! Celebrate the spirit of the season with updated holiday-themed spiels, music, and show scenes that you can find in your journey along the Western River: Christmas deliveries and decorations aplenty in Stillwater Junction, a celebratory powwow in the Native American village, and a starry snowy wonderland in the Primeval World dioramas. All aboard!

Bonus

60bfa01b93c6fa00195e5be6

Joining you on your excursion is Lumina, the Guardian of Light symbolized by waves of light that follow the train and interact with the show scenes through practical lighting and projection mapping.

Rock Wren

Love is the Greatest Adventure

To honor Valentine's Day the Magic Carpets of Aladdin are given a makeover. The guard rails around the ride are changed and made slightly taller and now have silhouettes of Egypt, Greece, and Agrabah, string lights are added above the ride to add extra ambiance at night, additional Hearts and flowers are added to the queue, and the surrounding area, and the music is changed to the greatest hits of Disney love songs. During the day you can see different Disney couples riding the Magic Carpets too; because what couple wouldn’t want a romantic carpet ride.

carpet_1.jpg

Bonus: While not an entirely new character- Genie is provided a cupid outfit and is added to the Jasmine and Aladin Meet and Greet location.
cupid.jpg

TheSquirrel

JUNGLE CRUISE: CURSE OF THE LOST DELTA
1720723358612.png

Disney's iconic Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Anaheim sees a scary transformation for the Halloween event, as it becomes Jungle Cruise: Curse of the Lost Delta. The ride is run as usual during the day, except with small seasonal additions like cobwebs and pumpkins, but once the park is emptied early to prepare for the ticketed event in the evening, major changes are made to the attraction, for example, adding Indian inspired temple set-pieces. On the scary overlay, the ride gets a slight backstory changes like the addition of an lost Indian temple in the Lost Delta, which sees the queue getting flickering lights and silence, before getting on boats with skippers holding a torch, due to the darkness round the course, as the ride traverses through the ride, the same as usual except for extra theming, heavy fog, green lighting, and once inside the temple, scare actors jumping onboard and threatening the riders, before returning petrified at the station.

BONUS
1720723186643.png

Along the route, you meet a old British explorer in an old colonial outfit and helmet, except with shorts, called Lewis, who tells you more about the curse.

Solaris Knight

THE SUMMER INDEPENDENCE JUNGLE CRUISE

1720733606609.png

Acting as a independence day cruise but operating throughout summer, this is a temporary red white and blue overlay of the Jungle Cruise with more bunting, more fireworks, more cheesy jokes and of course, more Americana.

Bonus:

1720733744617.png

Disney's unofficial ambassador of the holiday, Sam Eagle acts as a stuffy serious foil for the Skippers, remotely puppeteered using a waldo by a Cast Member at the boat launch.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Reviews are ready, but due to the short amount of submissions, the Guinea Pig would like to make a one-day extension so anyone who may have forgotten or was too busy to have a quick chunk of sentences regarding Spectrum 8 can submit. The deadline has now been changed to July 12th, 11:50 WDW Time. Thank you everyone for participating!

OSUPhantom

Pirates of the Caribbean; Rise of the Ghost Ship

black-pearl-8-pirate-ships-in-pirates-of-the-caribbean-film-series-medievalbrick-2.jpg

It’s no secret that Halloween has become one of the most popular holidays at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom; now there is a new way to celebrate the spooky season. When the days begin to cool; the beloved classic Pirates of the Caribbean becomes host to a haunting overlay that sees its scenes redone to transform all the attacking pirates into ghostly apparitions. Through the use of projection mapping, lighting, and other tricks up WDI’s sleeve this Halloween overlay will turn the beloved classic into a true ghost story; so you best start believing in them.

Bonus

Bringing new life into the cave scenes will be a new character; a ghost parrot paying tribute to the original barker bird that will narrate the opening of the ride.

Thank you @Architectural Guinea Pig for the extension; this has been an extremely busy week back for me, I'm happy to be able to participate.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1720935705247.png

I’m getting a fresh load of holiday spirit in the middle of the summer and I’m LOVING it!

Arabian Christmas Nights - @Lord Fozzinator
Lol this is a very weird but very fun concept- it sounds almost perfectly like cultural assimilation and dilution haha. I love that comedic element to this pitch- I mean, this is Arabia, where the Arabian Nights hide! It’s a DESERT and the attraction has SNOW on it! Genius. Two minor nitpicks, Arabian is not a language, instead, it’s Arabic, and Arabia is culturally Islamic, so they definitely wouldn’t be celebrating Christmas, unless you’re being completely intentional here lol. Aside from that though, it’s a fun holiday overlay for a sad ride, and a Santa Genie is such a cool idea!

+1 Bonus - Is he also evil? Like an evil twin brother but Jafar is already evil…

The Enchanted Tiki Room Thanksgiving Celebration - @Brer Panther

I love the ideas being poured out here, especially with the conflicts of the holiday and its location, just like Jingle Cruise. And, my gosh, the comedic elements in this show have me 100% sold! Mr. Gobbles is being taken away for Thanksgiving Dinner in the middle of Polynesia, with songs like Your Welcome and Be Our Guest is truly gold. But considering the parks are going to be selling those giant turkey legs the entire month and year-round, it’s definitely a creative and nice commentary that kids will now be able to sample Mr. Gobbles’ leg after watching the show. What a poor turkey…

+1 Bonus - BRAND SYNERGY!

Disney Villian Cruise - @Disney Warrior

Easily the most expensive holiday overlay ever. An entire army of Disney Villian animatronics for a single ride all attempting to take over the wilderness? This has to be pure, chaotic mania, and its seriously crazy! But the true, most desiring fruit of this pitch is the Skipper commentary. A ride where skippers casually drift by noting the various “wild” new creatures too have appeared onto the cruise, like that would be such a moment! I’m also interested in how the current animatronic animals would become more vicious. Nice pitch!

+1 Bonus - A true menace of a borb to society

Swiss Family Christmas Treehouse - @Disney Dad 3000

I’m surprised, 100% surprised that Disney hasn’t done this yet, because this is probably the most realistic pitch so far that could be announced at D23 any moment. The SWISS FAMILY celebrating CHRISTMAS on their abandoned island! The very Christian tones of the family would obviously mean that they would find a way to celebrate the most famous holiday in the world. Decorating the entire place with natural plants from the island instead of simple Christmas very genius as it plants the almost ordinary life the Robinsons are having. I also love the lanterns and would love to see this aesthetic area at night!

+1 Bonus - The same blood sweat and tears used to build the replica were the same as the ones used in the original!

Alien vs Predator: Death Cruise - @Miru

I really admire your brave and out-of-the-box ideas, because they’re some of the most unique I’ve read on the forum and can truly grow to become very original pitches made of pure gold. Another great pitch, especially pairing two very different ips and uniting them in such a strange way. But the concept starts to get really really out-of-the-box when you mention NO KIDS ALLOWED like damn I don’t know what to say. The theme on this would be simply, sublimely incredible and the fear factor and tension just sounds so chaotic and so fun. Is this really… Disney anymore, when Skippers have now become vulgar ah late-night comedians? Very interesting.​

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1720935832780.png

The Kalikimaka Tiki Room - @WaltWiz1901
Moving from Miru’s extremely deadly but brilliant pitch, this is a very big gulp of fresh, family-friendly air! I am a Penguins fan along with my adoration for guinea pigs, so any time they’re included in a pitch I’m immediately attached to it. This is a very interesting concept, again with the clashing concept of penguins in the humidity of Polynesia, and nails what this spectrum is looking for. While these lovable borbs with their flappers will fail to fly, they’ll certainly enjoy their visit to the beautiful beaches of Polynesia. Fun way to have the monochrome and the colorful meat, this is certainly very festive.

Western River Railroad Holiday Express - @montydysquith-navarro
Lmao I’m was always confused when I checked the Tokyo Disneyland Resort App Map and saw the western express station right near Jungle Cruise. It’s truly off-putting but very interesting but Adventureland, Frontierland, and Critter Country are all just terms for Americana so the Japanese are probably pretty comfortable with it. Getting into your pitch, I love the true American spirit of it that the Japanese would feels is a perfect way to celebrate Christmas. The Primeval World winter wonderland caught my eye too and again I love how very festive it feels. Get OLC to make and announce this by D23 and I’ll be packing my bags off to return to Japan…

+1 Bonus - That is so freaking cute

Love is the Greatest Adventure - @Rock Wren

Is this the name for the overlay? Seems like a bit of a chock full but it feels nice to finally get some Valentines representation as a holiday overlay. I love how the romance levels were just increased exponentially as this ride is set up to be that hot spot for weird Disney Adult couples in the park. Always enjoy string lights serving as a warm ambience, and I love the variety of love songs to be presented. “I See the Light” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” will be what I want to experience when I soar into the clouds of Adventureland! I’m going to be getting strange looks though because I have no significant other and I’ll come off as a weird guinea pig or a weird narcissist… which is better?

+1 Bonus - Bro can’t make true love

Jungle Cruise: Curse of the Lost Delta - @TheSquirrel
So this is a combination of the Lost Delta at DisneySea and Jungle Cruise? Sounds like a lot of fun. It’s a very interesting idea to have it exist solely in the peace of darkness, which clocks up the fear factor in some many unforgivable ways. One weird thing is that the set pieces are added during the transition from normal day ticketing to the night event every single day. That would be a really big hassle if those set pieces wouldn’t actually be seen well in the darkness. But again I love this idea because it finally gives a scare option like Miru’s to the park that packs some genuine thrills. Just minor opinion I would love to see the Skipper holding a flashlight instead of a torch, fitting to the area and way scarier than you might think.

+1 Bonus - Ripoff Indy vibes

The Summer Independence Jungle Cruise - @Solaris Knight

HAPPY LATE INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE! We’re talking about Canada’s July 1st Independence Day right? I’m going to assume by the bald eagle screeches that it’s a no lol. Considering Jungle Cruise’s rivers are spread all around the world, it sounds comedically amazing to have America show off its gun-toting patriots globally. I wonder how the animals will think ;) Sounds to be like a very corny experience, and I truly hope that the Skippers won’t become road trip-flipping Dads with their dad jokes, because I would keel over and vomit in the middle of the wilderness. Cheers!

+1 Bonus - A Salue to All Nations

Pirates of the Caribbean; Rise of the Ghost Ship - @OSUPhantom
This is a delicious pitch and a perfect ode to Ghost Galaxy, which is probably an unintentional reference but still I love it. Pirates of the Carribean’s first sequence with the Dead Man Caves are pretty scary as they are, and amping them off as ghostly sailors telling their tale and speaking of their Ghost Ship is spooky. Can see opportunity for a lot of cool effects like making the pirate ship in the battle scene a ghost ship, etc. The town scene also has opportunity to be so chaotically scary and unsettlingly that I’m all for it. A ghost town (except for the one doggo inhabitant) of ghosts retaining the chaos and liveliness of an unlived location is the pure treasure we all need.

+1 Bonus - Gimme a name! Casper Bird?

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
IMG_3544.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg

Magic Carpet Overlays by @Lord Fozzinator and @Rock Wren

Honorable Mention goes to someone(s) whose project excelled in one field but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Pretty equal on what they stand for, a contrasting overlay that makes the ride both a laughingstock and a National Treasure.

IMG_3546.jpeg

Kalikimaka Tiki Room by @WaltWiz1901

One Word: PENGUINS!

IMG_3547.jpeg

Tiki Room Thanksgiving Celebration by @Brer Panther

Two Words: Mr. GOBBLES!

IMG_3549.jpeg

POTC: Rise of the Ghost Ship - @OSUPhantom

Three Words: PHANTOM SLAYS PITCH!

The next spectrum will be the semifinals, which will bring us closer to the end of the competition. Scores along with the prompt will be released promptly tomorrow morning! This has seriously been such an Adventure- I loved these overlays, and I loved the spirit of this community. (Not part of the honorable mention, but the horror jungle cruises were still spine-chillingly fun)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom