One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

Evilgidgit

View attachment 655273
Yes imagineers our Summer Fun is coming to an end with the grand finale of the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun finally being here. For this grand finale we're giving imagineers a unique opportunity, we have four distinct challenges that make up the Grand Finale alongside bonusses and a chance to catch up from past challenges! In addition for each of the four challenges there will be an honorable mention, third placing, second placing, and first placing; honorable mentions, third places and second places will each be worth an extra two points, and the first place will be three points. Truly making this anybody's game!

BONUS: Summer Catch Up

View attachment 655280

Imagineers if you were not able to submit for the past eight challenges now is your chance to! For every past challenge submitted you will receive one bonus point, as long as you follow the original challenge's rules and stipulations. Past bonuses are null for this catch up bonus, and if your original proposal was disqualified from receiving points during that challenge you may not make it up now either.

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-
Throw a new dance party for the any waterpark of your choosing.

-Bonus-
For this bonus challenge just say what has been your song of the summer?

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-
Dish out a new quick service dining option for the any Disney resort of your choosing.

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-
Debut a new entertainment offering for Disney's Animal Kingdom.

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-
Pitch a new DVC concept as expansion to any Disney resort hotel anywhere in the world or create a whole new standalone DVC resort.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image per challenge.
- You may submit each proposal bundled together as all four or individually. The same goes for any makeup challenges.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Sunday, July 31st at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Does rely to heavily on runons?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Challenge #1: Kamohoali'i Splash Party
351-3514406_chubby-shark-man-without-pants-shark-man-clip.png

In Blizzard Beach, the Hawaiian shark god Kamohaoli'i brings Lilo, Stitch, Moana, and Maui together for a riptide-roaring splash on the waves, celebrating the surfing culture of Hawaii.

Challenge #2: Lederhosen Luncheon
swedish-food-1-1024x683.jpg

A small snack bar, owned by the Yodeling Yak Company, opens up at the foot of the Matterhorn, serving European snacks including Swedish meatballs and classic German burgers.

Challenge #3: The Wonders of Nature
B_G5NNLVAAE5Tzn

Replacing Finding Nemo: The Musical, this new 30-minute musical performance stars Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas, and a variety other beloved Disney characters as they introduce us to the natural beauties of the world around us through music, magic, puppets, special effects, and a little imagination.

Challenge #4: Ravenswood Winter Retreat, Disneyland Paris
owls-nest-ellis.jpg

Based on Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor, this charmingly rusting lodge is the perfect getaway for families or newly wedded couples, themed as the Ravenswood family's winter log cabin, furnished for a couple who never made it to the altar...

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
GRAND FINALE

A3D4BCE1-96AA-42A2-9ADD-AD391DE9ADAC.png

Small heroes make for big fun!
Join Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne for a party of epic (and ever changing) proportions!

Bonus: my summer soundtrack has been “90s Kids” by Jax.

50FFA6B7-E39B-4EC8-9F9B-028C8005E34C.png

Debuting this summer, the all new Food Truck Fest at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will create a permanent home for the festive flavor of street food.

B705A439-3595-4ED9-82E8-9752E64D4D86.png

Opening fall of 2023, the all new Disney’s Imagination Resort will offer DVC guests the opportunity to stay in the Magic for the entire duration of their Disney Vacation. Adjacent to the Imagination Pavilion and themed to World Celebration, this resort features exclusive Epcot character dining, and incredible views of the entire park!

DDDE898C-4CEC-405E-B265-DF932122ACC8.png

Suchomimus

Challenge #1: Kamohoali'i Splash Party
351-3514406_chubby-shark-man-without-pants-shark-man-clip.png

In Blizzard Beach, the Hawaiian shark god Kamohaoli'i brings Lilo, Stitch, Moana, and Maui together for a riptide-roaring splash on the waves, celebrating the surfing culture of Hawaii.
4e73e54beb3e68391d07979f10dfe8f0d1c4fc1b.gifv

This was literally my face when I had seen you upload your prompts but then I instantly knew who drew that shark dude.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
SPITHA: SEAS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
1976293402834440060%253Faccount_id%253D9

Located on Disney Spring West Side as part of a green initiative that will eventually overhaul the West Site into an urban horticultural landmark, this Greek inspired restaurant will 'serve' as the area's latest entry. Menu items feature Starters/εκκινητές such as Mussels Tsikoudia, Lobster Gyros, among others, with Entrees/εισόδους featuring Plaki, Shrimp scampi, and more, followed up by the famous Baklava dessert.

Seafood Tower
A 'build-your-own' option on the menu - guests can select up to 7 fish to be included in the tower, featuring options such as swordfish, halibut, salmon, shrimp, calamari, mussels, tuna, sardines, and more.
Late but I always love your artwork, Space 💜

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
View attachment 652031

GREAT PYRAMID TREK

At Disney's Living History, a proposed Fifth Gate for Walt Disney World currently being developed, guests can experience the full breadth and scope of World History in an immersive, historically-accurate new theme park filled with reenactors and time periods spanning from the Stone Age to the Middle Ages to the Industrial Revolution.

The Bronze Age era recreates the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt, headlined by scale reconstructions of the Great Pyramids of Giza at the time of their creation around 2,500 BCE, covered in glistening white limestone, accessible through sandstone causeways and holy burial chambers, and swathed in construction scaffolding which doubles as the track for Great Pyramid Trek, an Intamin prefabricated wooden roller coaster combining the theming Disney is known for with the ultra-smooth physical thrills of excellent coasters like El Toro and Balder.
HOLYSHDUDE!!!!!

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 655273
Yes imagineers our Summer Fun is coming to an end with the grand finale of the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun finally being here. For this grand finale we're giving imagineers a unique opportunity, we have four distinct challenges that make up the Grand Finale alongside bonusses and a chance to catch up from past challenges! In addition for each of the four challenges there will be an honorable mention, third placing, second placing, and first placing; honorable mentions, third places and second places will each be worth an extra two points, and the first place will be three points. Truly making this anybody's game!

View attachment 655280

Imagineers if you were not able to submit for the past eight challenges now is your chance to! For every past challenge submitted you will receive one bonus point, as long as you follow the original challenge's rules and stipulations. Past bonuses are null for this catch up bonus, and if your original proposal was disqualified from receiving points during that challenge you may not make it up now either.

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-
Dish out a new quick service dining option for the any Disney resort of your choosing.

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-
Pitch a new DVC concept as expansion to any Disney resort hotel anywhere in the world or create a whole new standalone DVC resort.

-Rules-
- You may submit each proposal bundled together as all four or individually. The same goes for any makeup challenges.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

With only two more days I'd like to tag those who have participated in past rounds, and would maybe like to comeback and take advantage of the finale rules :) If y'all wanna take the time to do these prompts and bonuses by all means, you're welcome to! If you're busy with life, and do so that's fine too! Either way I want to give a big thank you for contributing your ideas so far :D

@SplashZander
@FulcrumSolo
@Shannoninthemagic
@NateD1226

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 655273

View attachment 655280

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

With only two more days I'd like to tag those who have participated in past rounds, and would maybe like to comeback and take advantage of the finale rules :) If y'all wanna take the time to do these prompts and bonuses by all means, you're welcome to! If you're busy with life, and do so that's fine too! Either way I want to give a big thank you for contributing your ideas so far :D

@ThemeParkPriest
@Hoopa
@Henry Mystic
@MisterPenguin

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 655273

View attachment 655280

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

@Honey Bee (Rebooted)
@InspectorSpacetime
@Disney Dad 3000
@James G.

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 655273

View attachment 655280

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

@DashHaber
@kmbmw777
@Solaris Knight
@spacemt354
@D Hulk

And if anybody else wants to throw their hat into the ring it's never too late to do so!

tcool123

Original Poster
While I'm not competing I would like to share what my songs of the summer, and to make this weekend a real party Ima be posting three songs a day until the finale so we can all have our summer beach part 🥳

First up we have Despues de la Playa by Bad Bunny. Bad Bunny has been a favorite of mine since I first heard his music in 2017 with his original hit Chambea, and since then his music has only become more infectious and synonymous with me for daily life. Un Verano Sin Ti, his latest album, is for a lack of a better words crack for my ears as I have been playing this album nearly daily. There are many standouts from this album, but this is my favorite. This is not only my song of the summer, but likely will be my song of the year on Spotify:

Another song I've been listing to all summer has been About Damn Time. Along with Bad Bunny, Lizzo was at the forefront for me many years ago when I started to discover my own music tastes beyond film and musical soundtracks. My love for Lizzo has maintained consistent since I first heard Juice in 2018.

To round out the first day of my songs of the summer, I've got Sweetest Pie by Dua Lipa ft. Megan Thee Stallion! No story for these artists, not usually into rap yet I do find myself enjoying Megan's music, and I only truly have enjoyed all of Dua's music starting with Future Nostalgia and onwards. One last thing to note, for me the instrumental/backing track I guess of this song it really reminds me of Space Mountain's Star Tunnel music.

SplashJacket

@SplashZander
@FulcrumSolo
@Shannoninthemagic
@NateD1226
Unfortunately, I left all my creative prowess on the table with that Mars Needs Moms submission

James G.

@Honey Bee (Rebooted)
@InspectorSpacetime
@Disney Dad 3000
@James G.
Thanks @tcool123 I know I only participated in three rounds, but they were fun to do. I've been pretty busy this summer, but this kind of competition where there was no stress, play when we had time and a chance at the end to jump in was a great idea! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom