One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Reviews! (so far)
I may be out at 9PM. Even though this is smaller scale feedback, rather than have you wait around, I'll post it now. The next prompt may be a tad later but it won't be due till Tuesday night anyway (72 hours compared to 48).​
Joker's Twisted Tracks

1155339-2.jpg

Take a spin through Gotham City as the Joker sends you on a runaway roller coaster ride, with ride vehicles capable of spinning 360 degrees adding a new twist worthy of the Clown Prince of Crime!​
Joker is always a classic concept for a coaster - given the wild and zany nature of the character - nice idea!
X2 2
Fs8O0qc.jpg

Replacing the Viper comes X2 2 the sequel to the beloved coaster right next door, instead of 4D it is now 5D which means more spinning and AR!

BONUS:
Come meet some new fuzzy friends in the Polar Bear exhibit, these chill bears will bring a beary good time for all.​
Oh my! I remember watching a special on X2 when it first came out - this one sounds even more intense!
TEGAN TWISTER (I woke up today and chose violence).

View attachment 549272
What you’re looking at is an LIM powered Ultra Twister/Heartline Roll Coaster.

This hell spawned harbinger of chaos accelerates brave/stupid guests from 0-59mph in under two seconds and then sends them through a relentless barrage of heartline rolls and numerous elevation changes.

And unlike many other typical heartline twisters, this metallic demon abandons a typical “track switch” for a 180 degree “drop” that proceeds a second launch to get the vehicles back to the station.
I must say you took the 'new ride system' part of the prompt and did exactly that - excellent job!
ACME River Rapids
View attachment 549274

Take a wild water rapid ride with Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes gang but watch out one of Wile E. Coyote's ACME gag products which you are Road Runner. It will have wacky water effects such as waterfalls, abandon ship which sprays waters at the guests, ACME TNTs, and many more.
Nice work - and welcome! While I was looking more for a coaster, a rapids ride also provides that type of thrill, and Looney Tunes is a great IP choice for it.
FURY OF THE GODS
View attachment 549277
Gearworks Theater will be closing soon, to make way for a new DC inspired roller coaster with a never seen before ride system: Fury of the Gods; the adjacent expansion pad will also be used for this ride.

Join Billy Batson, A.K.A. Shazam, as he explores a mysterious island that turns out to be inhabited by the Ancient Gods, however, they don’t take the intrusion kindly, which leads to an epic fight high up in the sky; each ride vehicle will be themed to the color scheme of one of the members of the Shazamily.

This new ride system will begin as a regular water coaster which will gradually pick up speed until it’s ready for launch, then as you’re launched into the sky, the ride vehicle will switch the rider from a sitting to a flying position for a thrilling suspended roller coaster section; as the roller coaster comes to an end, the ride vehicle will switch back to a sitting position for the biggest splash ever as you drop from the mighty skies one last time.​
Ooh nice idea with that water coaster system! I also like the Shazam tie in as that would be a neat and novel DC property to do a coaster with.
View attachment 549287
SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN IS PROUD TO PRESENT:

BATMAN BEYOND: THE RIDE

In the tradition of great D.C. Superhero Coasters in the park, comes the park's 20th coaster with the arrival of the lastest B&M coaster:
BATMAN BEYOND: THE RIDE. Welcome back to the world of Terry McGinnis ,also known as Batman, and Neo Gotham City for the World's Fastest & Tallest indoor coaster going from 0-75mph in 5 seconds with the world's tallest indoor top hat and featuring 8 inversions including the world's largest indoor pretzel loop!!! You enter through the infamous Batcave then board a coaster train designed to look like the Batmobile from the show and take off into a indoor dome that displays screens, 3d effects, the most state of the art Audio Animatronics as you join Batman on a flight through Neo Gotham to help capture some of his most dangerous rogues that have escaped, expect cameos by the members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE BEYOND- such as Green Lantern, Warhawk, and the Man of Steel Himself, Superman, all the while on each ride you hear a different techno soundtrack directly from the show including an extended version of the show's main theme (Think space mountain mixed with Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind with a dash of Tron Coaster but bigger). This Summer it's time to get sway and help out the world's newest Dark Knight on a coaster experience unlike any other!!!!!

BATMAN BEYOND: THE RIDE
SUMMER 2021
This is quite the attraction! You definitely showed your spirit and knowledge of what Six Flags Magic Mountain needs. It did go a tad over the sentence limit (I counted 4?) but regardless welcome back and thanks for this awesome concept!
Wonder Woman Invisible Swirl
View attachment 549293
Fly through the skies over Metropolis to make sure there aren't any evil doers about that Wonder Woman needs to defeat! This may seem like your standard cookie cutter roller coaster at Six Flags at first with some neat plane shaped vehicles. But you'll notice that the ride tracks are see through creating the illusion that you are really flying!
I like that notion the track is invisible, that's a cool twist! Other than that it seems pretty standard but I'd be impressed to see that illusion of flying with no track visible!

JOKER CIRCUS DARING STUNT

View attachment 549300
In this indoor suspended roller coaster you'll be playing the part of a bad guy who wants to proof their worth to the Joker so that he'll want you in his army.
You want to be hired as a stunt-criminal, so you'll get on your motorbike (motorbike-shaped vehicles) to do some tricks in a black-lit circus filled with obstacles and surprises (fire effects anyone?).
A moderately intense experience featuring launches and drops (as in Th13teen), good for people who are not ready for the big coasters but who are looking for something stronger than a Wacky Worm.

Joker seems to be a popular theme! But this being in a circus theme makes it a bit more intriguing. Six Flags Great Adventure did something indoor for The Dark Knight (it wasn't great), but your coaster seems much better - nice job!
Rise of Duck Dodgers of the 24th and a Half Century - A Brand-New Cartoon Starring YOU!
lf
Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and Marvin the Martian invite guests to play a part in a new theatrical cartoon currently in production. Aboard futuristic spacecrafts from the good folks at ACME (always a good sign, right?), riders become "space cadets" sent into battle against Marvin's army of inept Instant Martians. The combination dark ride and roller coaster uses a new suspended track coaster design (think a much more thrilling Peter Pan's Flight) that dives, spins, and twists its way through a cartoony version of outer space populated by Looney Tunes characters - guaranteed to make you scream with laughter!

This is an ingenious concept for a new ride system - great job! And the Looney Tunes theme will also make the attraction family friendly while also adding that bit of thrill Six Flags is known for.
SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN:
DASTARDLY & MUTTLEY: FLYING ACES
6027722f65e718d68589fb012f47d360.jpg
A pair of duelling, intertwined launch coasters, guests ride as part of the Vulture Squadron, led by D!ck Dastardly and Muttley to catch Yankee Doodle Pigeon. Guests board a pair of biplane-shaped coasters, labelled as Team Dastardly and Team Muttley, and launch in pursuit of the pigeon, a moving character who flies throughout the two tracks on his own, miniature track, creating the illusion that we are chasing him through the air. Both tracks will end simultaneously, the pigeon escaping into his pigeon hole until the next chase, Dastardly cursing "Drat, and, double drat!"
This would be a site to behold - the planes spiraling in and out of each other in the dueling fashion. But I think the real kicker is the pigeon that moves with the tracks that's pretty awesome!
View attachment 549634
Billy the Squid's Showdown
In what could be best described as an expanded version of other water coasters such Efteling's Flying Dutchman and SeaWorld's Journey to Atlantis, Billy the Squid's Quest takes guests through Billy's homeland; Coral Gulch; on the search for Jelly Jams and his Jelly Gang. Loading begins in the water portion and stays that way until we reach the Swimming Frenchman, where the first chain lift hill takes up the mine, where get blasted out by Jelly Jams' men and the coaster coasts down into the canyons. The second lift hill is located in the old abandoned fort, where Jelly Jams himself has his last stand against Billy the Squid, ending with the fort being (accidently) blown to kingdom come, and everyone still alive and riders wet from the big 70 ft. splashdown.
I like the sound of this attraction - very well thought out and described. The 70 ft drop to splashdown is also larger than Splash Mountain so I can picture that being a ton of fun.
FLIGHT OF THE BATWING

View attachment 549843

Inspired by the never-built Gotham island in Universal, this wing coaster combines indoor dark ride sections battling the aerial arsonist Firefly and outdoor sections weaving through newly built building facades in the DC Universe section of the park.
Like the Batman theme and it being a 'winged' coaster is a fitting tie - nice work!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Reviews! (so far)
I may be out at 9PM. Even though this is smaller scale feedback, rather than have you wait around, I'll post it now. The next prompt may be a tad later but it won't be due till Tuesday night anyway (72 hours compared to 48).​

Joker is always a classic concept for a coaster - given the wild and zany nature of the character - nice idea!

Oh my! I remember watching a special on X2 when it first came out - this one sounds even more intense!

I must say you took the 'new ride system' part of the prompt and did exactly that - excellent job!

Nice work - and welcome! While I was looking more for a coaster, a rapids ride also provides that type of thrill, and Looney Tunes is a great IP choice for it.

Ooh nice idea with that water coaster system! I also like the Shazam tie in as that would be a neat and novel DC property to do a coaster with.

This is quite the attraction! You definitely showed your spirit and knowledge of what Six Flags Magic Mountain needs. It did go a tad over the sentence limit (I counted 4?) but regardless welcome back and thanks for this awesome concept!

I like that notion the track is invisible, that's a cool twist! Other than that it seems pretty standard but I'd be impressed to see that illusion of flying with no track visible!

Joker seems to be a popular theme! But this being in a circus theme makes it a bit more intriguing. Six Flags Great Adventure did something indoor for The Dark Knight (it wasn't great), but your coaster seems much better - nice job!

This is an ingenious concept for a new ride system - great job! And the Looney Tunes theme will also make the attraction family friendly while also adding that bit of thrill Six Flags is known for.

This would be a site to behold - the planes spiraling in and out of each other in the dueling fashion. But I think the real kicker is the pigeon that moves with the tracks that's pretty awesome!

I like the sound of this attraction - very well thought out and described. The 70 ft drop to splashdown is also larger than Splash Mountain so I can picture that being a ton of fun.

Like the Batman theme and it being a 'winged' coaster is a fitting tie - nice work!
I may have had a couple of run on sentences because I waned to get the idea out there.

ThemeParkPriest

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #7: SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN
magic.jpg

Welcome to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Known for its thrills and coasters (plus being featured in the comedy classic, Vacation as 'Walley World) this will be your chance to reach for the ultimate coaster experience.

-Challenge-
Create a new roller-coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain, using an original ride system you create!

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, April 17th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
The Dark Knight: Battle on the Metro is the newest roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain between Riddler’s Revenge and BATMAN: the Ride. As indoor coasters like The Dark Knight (at Six Flags Great America) and Space Mountain are quite popular, this fast (25% faster than Space Mountain) indoor coaster (4-passenger trains) with scenes of Batman battling Catwoman on the Gotham City Metro is sure to be a big hit (especially for guests wanting to escape the California summer sun). Focused lighting and louder sound effects will provide a more impactful ride experience than its sister coaster at Great America.
1618706496971.jpeg

D Hulk

BONUS REVIEWS
BONUS:
Come meet some new fuzzy friends in the Polar Bear exhibit, these chill bears will bring a beary good time for all.​
For my part, the :inlove: reaction was because of the polar bear bonus, which I like "beary" much. Such an exhibit would require a major arctic weather structure (lots of $$$), so it would certainly become a SFDK highlight.
BONUS: THE MIGHTY DODO

View attachment 549276
This suspended family coaster will take guests through a vibrant jungle that’s full of Dodos, ancient birds that were believed to be extinct; through this ride, kids will learn the importance of taking care of those with whom we share this big beautiful planet.​
Discovery Kingdom is rather discretely divided into the coaster section and the animal section, and rarely do the two areas mix. This idea would draw coaster enthusiasts into the more sparsely visited animal section (hopefully quietly enough that the animal don't mind). Plus I appreciate the educational component.
THE OTTER SPACE

View attachment 549281

An adorable new addition to the many water loving mammals that call the park home!
Otters are arguably the most adorable critter in existence! (Give or take a baby Metroid.) This is one of the simplest bonus proposals, but a very solid one for that reason. I can confirm that zoo otters can be the highlight of a romantic date.
BONUS ENTRY

View attachment 549292

GATOR ESCAPE!!

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom invites you to our newest animal attraction which is part dark ride, part animal exhibit- GATOR ESCAPE!!
You board a dark ride vehicle designed as a submarine as you go on a underwater tour of a swamp only to discover its filled with deadly alligators!! The dark ride leads you on a journey to get back to the surface without being eaten, as you pass by interactive elements and alligator Audio Animatronics! The highlight as you travel is you soon realize you are actually underwater in a real life alligator aquarium exhibit as you see real life gatos swimming by you on either side of the ride vehicle!! This new innovated dark ride is fun for the whole family!!!

GATOR ESCAPE!!!
COMING SUMMER 2021 ONLY AT SIX FLAGS DISCOVERY KINGDOM!!
The bonus asks for a single sentence; you provided ~7! Your enthusiasm is appreciated.

An animal-themed dark ride filled with AAs would be an extremely atypical attraction for a Six Flags. It doesn't really fit the park's zoo section either, which focuses on live animals. This would be a neat addition, but an unlikely one, as it's better suited for a Disney Park experience.
Tasmanian Devil Trail
View attachment 549294
Located near Looney Toons Seaport, meet Taz's relatives from Tasmania in this delightful walking trail that recreates the natural environment of the Outback while giving these critters a comfortable home.
Gotta love how you've tied the animal exhibit in with the otherwise unrelated Looney Tunes section. This proposal is exactly what I had in mind for the bonus. Also, I want to pet that little devil.
Bonus: The BatCave

View attachment 549684

A walkthrough experience through Batman's abandoned BatCave, a (very) dimly lit place where you can see mysterious gadgets and marvel at the sight of colonies of bats around and above you who have reclaimed this place as their home.
Almost always these Six Flags challenges see players trying to bring thing closer to the Disney Park model, with highly-themed additions using DC or WB licenses. This is an ambitious proposal, with a nice use of live bats to make it fit the park, though it's one which I cannot imagine Discovery Kingdom ever building. It's far too ambitious for them, sadly.
Rhinoceros Realm

gi-rhinoceros-totem-56a46bf23df78cf772825b4b.jpg
Get up close and personal with these thick-skinned horn-nosed mammals in an environment designed to look exactly like their natural habitat.

BONUS: DISCOVERY KINGDOM
WEIRD WILDLIFE
Aye-aye.-GettyImages-182939646-722c221-scaled.jpg
Prepare to be introduced to some of nature's most weirdest and wonderful creations, including the Aye-Aye, the Pangolin, the Capybara, and the Okapi.

lskpig-b78856404z.120111004202238000gjb12d1f7.1.jpg

The Heartlands Scenic Railroad
Board an old fashioned train and take a trip above and around the wildlife of the American Heartland.
This website is getting worse and worse! No idea why they think @Ludpat Mike said all of this. So I'll tag the players who somehow got misquoted.

@Brer Panther - Rhinoceros Realm is admirably realistic, and is entirely in-line with something SFDK could genuinely do. Your description makes this sound like a newer "fenceless" zoo, which would be a nice upgrade to their outdated model.

@Evilgidgit - Weird Wildlife is...weird. This too sounds completely realistic and doable. I'd very much love to meet all the strange beasts featured. Great image!

@Suchomimus - You're gonna do trains every time, aren't you? Very nice! I like this as a grounded way to add rides to an area that's light on rides, plus I appreciate the old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wilderness image.

Joker’s Carnival

A new spinning coaster themed to The Jokers carnival invasion of Gotham City.

Bonus: Farmyard Walk

A walkthrough exhibit full of farmyard animals.
Very cute, and very doable. A hands-on barnyard exhibit would be a great way to entertain smaller children who cannot do the park’s bigger rides.​

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

BONUS REVIEWS

For my part, the :inlove: reaction was because of the polar bear bonus, which I like "beary" much. Such an exhibit would require a major arctic weather structure (lots of $$$), so it would certainly become a SFDK highlight.

Discovery Kingdom is rather discretely divided into the coaster section and the animal section, and rarely do the two areas mix. This idea would draw coaster enthusiasts into the more sparsely visited animal section (hopefully quietly enough that the animal don't mind). Plus I appreciate the educational component.

Otters are arguably the most adorable critter in existence! (Give or take a baby Metroid.) This is one of the simplest bonus proposals, but a very solid one for that reason. I can confirm that zoo otters can be the highlight of a romantic date.

The bonus asks for a single sentence; you provided ~7! Your enthusiasm is appreciated.

An animal-themed dark ride filled with AAs would be an extremely atypical attraction for a Six Flags. It doesn't really fit the park's zoo section either, which focuses on live animals. This would be a neat addition, but an unlikely one, as it's better suited for a Disney Park experience.

Gotta love how you've tied the animal exhibit in with the otherwise unrelated Looney Tunes section. This proposal is exactly what I had in mind for the bonus. Also, I want to pet that little devil.

Almost always these Six Flags challenges see players trying to bring thing closer to the Disney Park model, with highly-themed additions using DC or WB licenses. This is an ambitious proposal, with a nice use of live bats to make it fit the park, though it's one which I cannot imagine Discovery Kingdom ever building. It's far too ambitious for them, sadly.

This website is getting worse and worse! No idea why they think @Ludpat Mike said all of this. So I'll tag the players who somehow got misquoted.

@Brer Panther - Rhinoceros Realm is admirably realistic, and is entirely in-line with something SFDK could genuinely do. Your description makes this sound like a newer "fenceless" zoo, which would be a nice upgrade to their outdated model.

@Evilgidgit - Weird Wildlife is...weird. This too sounds completely realistic and doable. I'd very much love to meet all the strange beasts featured. Great image!

@Suchomimus - You're gonna do trains every time, aren't you? Very nice! I like this as a grounded way to add rides to an area that's light on rides, plus I appreciate the old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wilderness image.

Very cute, and very doable. A hands-on barnyard exhibit would be a great way to entertain smaller children who cannot do the park’s bigger rides.​
Its a hybrid dark ride but has real animals behind glass on either side of the ride vehicle. I think it would fit nicely. and I am sorry i did not see the 1 sentence requirement on this one.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Joker’s Carnival

A new spinning coaster themed to The Jokers carnival invasion of Gotham City.

Bonus: Farmyard Walk

A walkthrough exhibit full of farmyard animals.
Cool concept - not much else more to say
The Dark Knight: Battle on the Metro is the newest roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain between Riddler’s Revenge and BATMAN: the Ride. As indoor coasters like The Dark Knight (at Six Flags Great America) and Space Mountain are quite popular, this fast (25% faster than Space Mountain) indoor coaster (4-passenger trains) with scenes of Batman battling Catwoman on the Gotham City Metro is sure to be a big hit (especially for guests wanting to escape the California summer sun). Focused lighting and louder sound effects will provide a more impactful ride experience than its sister coaster at Great America.
View attachment 549913
Fun idea - seems like DC was the popular venue this round - but I can see why. The indoor coaster would bring something more original to Six Flags parks as well!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Results!

Ps5WGu1.png

Batman: The Dark Projects

@1HAPPYGHOSTHOST @Ludpat Mike and @ThemeParkPriest
Both were unique takes on Batman properties and deserve recognition as stand out components.

L30Y5yp.png

@Sharon&Susan
Very fun idea with the invisible track!

zihTg3C.png

@Evilgidgit and @DisneyFan18
Chasing the pigeon was an ingenious concept - really well done there! And DisneyFan's was also unique with the Shazam tie-in!

DrRz15D.png

@Brer Panther @TwilightZone and @Tegan pilots a chicken

All 3 came up with unique coaster experiences with new ride-systems that offered up something that would change the landscape in a way of Six Flags Magic Mountain while staying true to its core!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #8: DISNEYLAND RESORT
dlr-dca-vignette-16x9.jpg

Welcome back to the Disneyland Resort! We started here on our first stop, and now we're here for the final leg of the journey. We're tired from driving around the state, so we need a place to stay. And that's where you come in!

-Challenge-
Design a new hotel for the Disneyland Resort

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 20th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

D Hulk

FINAL BONUSES

SIDE TRIP #4 - CALIFORNIA'S GREAT AMERICA

Californias-Great-America-with-Kids-Carousel-Columbia.jpg

A medium-sized regional amusement park operated by Cedar Fair, serving Santa Clara and the greater Bay Area, California’s Great America is most known for its Gold Striker wooden coaster and as the filming location for Beverly Hills Cop III.

Challenge
Create a live show for California’s Great Adventure.

SIDE TRIP #5 - GILROY GARDENS

Gilroy-Gardens2.jpg

This obscure, adorable family theme park began as a botanical garden known for its Circus Trees. Gilroy Gardens resides in the quaint farming town of Gilroy, famed for its annual Gilroy Garlic Festival.

Challenge
Create a festival for Gilroy Gardens.

-Rules-
For both bonuses, use only 1 single sentence EACH and up to 1 image EACH. Everyone who submits will receive 1 automatic point per bonus. The deadline is Tuesday, April 20th, at 9:00 PM EST, at the same time as the main prompt.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1618710677831.png

TOONTOWN TRANSIT
Wanna go on a tour of Toontown? Based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Join Gus the Bus to zoom over streets of Los Angeles, zooming into the movie studio lot, entering Toontown Tunnel as Benny the Cab as we follow him to Toontown, encounter with Roger Rabbit with many Toon cameos like Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Droopy, etc....almost swallow by Monstro the Whale, take a tour around downtown Toontown, saving Jessica Rabbit from burning fireworks factory, chase by the Toon Patrol weasels, as Roger falls out of Benny and crashed into Gus's ceiling, falling down into streets of Toontown, chasing by a speeding train with Wile E. Coyote falling down into the ceiling, and a grand finale as we are crashing through ACME Warehouse. This simulator has special effects, smoke effects, Roger's shaped hole, and more. Location at Hollywoodland in Disney's California Adventure, the queue will be at Union Station as Droopy Dog as a ticket master also Peg Leg Pete as a boss and owner of Toontown Transit.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1618711536276.png
THE TOONTOWN HOTEL
Welcome to the Toontown Hotel, the wackiest place in downtown Toontown, as Toons can enjoy their vacation in the hotel as Granny cleaning her stuff as Tweety and Sylvester were fighting each other, as Goofy can be bell hopper, but you can go to escalator room as we meet up with Droopy Dog as hopper to lift way up the tower until 500th floor as he said "Goin' up sir?", as we can encounter Toon cameos such as Genie in his bath tub, Lena Hyena, a speeding train, Toons fighting their foods at a cafe, Betty Boop and Olive Oyl fighting for Popeye, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and more. As we are enter the no floor as we looked down the many miles away from the downtown Toontown as we are falling down faster as we meet with Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny, as we crashed into the floor as we will see falling stars around us. This ride is like parody of Tower of Terror but it's a friendly-family thrill drop tower ride, it will has awesome special effect such as falling stars around them, Droopy Dog animatronic, and more. You can also stay in hotel as for three day for vacation with Toon meet & greet characters such as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Roger Rabbit, etc...there was food buffert such as Mickey's Diner and Clarabelle's Ice Cream Bar, there's also Roger Rabbit's Bunny Hop Dance Party, as the guests will stay their rooms themed to Disney characters also non-Disney characters. Location at Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland. This ride will make you a lot of scream and comedy.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #8: DISNEYLAND RESORT
dlr-dca-vignette-16x9.jpg

Welcome back to the Disneyland Resort! We started here on our first stop, and now we're here for the final leg of the journey. We're tired from driving around the state, so we need a place to stay. And that's where you come in!

-Challenge-
Design a new hotel for the Disneyland Resort

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 20th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Mississippi Riverside Port Hotel
1618714956758.png
With the many changes coming to Critter Country due to PATF Mountain, a new New Orleans themed hotel will spout at the back of the land. As you check into the hotel, listen to the jazz bands that play in the lobby or maybe keep an eye out for the prestigious Tiana's Palace restaurant which for the first time in the Disneyland Resort's history will serve alcoholic Mint Juleps. Afterwards visit the Lewis and Clark Explorer's Pool, which includes a steamboat waterslide along with along with a replica of Disneyland's lost Cascade Peak splashing guests with tons of water!

A medium-sized regional amusement park operated by Cedar Fair, serving Santa Clara and the greater Bay Area, California’s Great America is most known for its Gold Striker wooden coaster and as the filming location for Beverly Hills Cop III.

Challenge
You're On Thin Ice, Charlie Brown!
1618714443610.png
A musical ice skating show featuring the Peanuts gang, about Charlie Brown facing his fears of being embarrassed to figure skate in front of the Little Red Haired girl.

Gilroy-Gardens2.jpg

This obscure, adorable family theme park began as a botanical garden known for its Circus Trees. Gilroy Gardens resides in the quaint farming town of Gilroy, famed for its annual Gilroy Garlic Festival.

Challenge

-Rules-
For both bonuses, use only 1 single sentence EACH and up to 1 image EACH. Everyone who submits will receive 1 automatic point per bonus. The deadline is Tuesday, April 20th, at 9:00 PM EST, at the same time as the main prompt.
The Lumberjack Festival
1618714850305.png
Come and see lumberjack and woodcarvers show off their craft in this late summer festival, make sure to buy an authentic home made souvenir before you leave!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
FINAL BONUSES

Challenge

Gilroy-Gardens2.jpg

Challenge

-Rules-
BONUS 4:

BAY AREA BAND BATTLE

68079E03-65EA-4DD1-96C1-63E8A1E7DADE.jpeg

The Bay area’s thriving local music scene will descend on California’s Great America for a summer long battle of the bands, featuring five different bands performing half hour sets every Friday all summer long.

BONUS 5:

GILROY GARDENS CITRUS FESTIVAL

D7D35790-EA7B-49CC-94B7-99CA53A5E9B6.jpeg

Celebrate California’s incredible citrus industry at this county fair style tasting event, featuring a plethora of dishes from independent Californian citrus growers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom