One Sentence Competition - Season 5 Episode 1

FireMountain

Original Poster
Tangled
By @mickeyfan5534
Tangled
An Expansion to All Star Movies
tangled-port-tokyo-disneysea-expansion.jpg
Tangled is the newest expansion to Disney's All Star Movies Resort. Featuring a large courtyard with Rapunzel's Tower and a statues of characters from the film, this new area is made up entirely of family suites and will be located between the Fantasia and Toy Story areas with the road being rerouted to allow for the new area to be built. A themed pool will sit in the shadow of the tower, creating a relaxing and beautiful area for guests.

Bonus: The Skyliner will be expanded to Disney Springs to allow for easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment nonpareil for guests staying at Skyliner resorts.
Wow! You got what I intended when I made the prompt! This is really good. It feels like a natural expansion, my only flaw is that Rapunzel Tower is already in MK near the Tangled bathrooms. Amazing job!

Bonus: +1

FireMountain

Original Poster
Herbie's Tune-Up Center
By @michmousefan
Herbie's Tune-Up Center
View attachment 366791
Herbie's Tune-Up Center infuses the "winner's circle" courtyard area with a new vigor. Six fun, automotive-themed fitness station areas encircle the "track" around a new healthy-menu food kiosk, featuring smoothies, gatorade and light, healthy, fitness-forward snack options. The jogging trail at the front of the resort will feature an extension here, making it a great start/stop or halfway point for a run amongst the three All-Star properties.

Bonus: The Skyliner will have a central stop at the Movies Resort, part of the line that connects Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach, Coronado Springs and DHS.
This seems like a really fun/exercising experience (although you already get quite the leg workout walking around the park). This is really good! My only flaw with it is calling Gatorade healthy.

FireMountain

Original Poster
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Courtyard
By @Pi on my Cake

1a_Cherry-tree-Lane-Illustration-Summer-Eva-Kuntz_20181220104059__2f7fe0ab.jpg

In an effort to help distinguish All Star Movies from the Art of Animation Resort, all future expansions will focus on live action films with an eventual plan to remove and retheme current courtyards based on cartoons.

This will start with two new buildings centered around a new Courtyard based on the most iconic live action Disney film: Mary Poppins.

One building will be themed to the original with a large penguin waiter statue and the other will be themed to Mary Poppins Returns with a large penguin tap dancer statue and in between will be a Courtyard full of cherry trees, chalk drawings, and an outdoor stage for live music.

Bonus

A new, seperate skyliner route will be added connecting the All Stars, Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Animal Kingdom with plans to connect it to the original skyliner path in the future.

I love that you included the fact about all-future expansions. Anyway, this is really well-written! Great job!

FireMountain

Original Poster
Monsters Inc. and More!
By @Disneylover152
Monster's Inc & More Come to the All-Star Movies Resort!

View attachment 366830

A new Monster's Inc inspired addition, situated right next door to the Toy Story Hotel, will open with two gigantic statues of Mike and Sulley at the entrances to the two buildings and new Monster's Inc inspired doors & hotel rooms to fully immerse guests.

In addition to the instagrammable photo ops throughout the area and monster's around the hotel, the highlight is sure to be the new Monster's Inc Door Factory water structure (sponsored by Monster's University), with themed doors as railings throughout, colorful water slides and even a gigantic bucket themed as a screen can, dumping water on guests.

In addition to expanding by adding an Incredibles themed hotel, the hotels themed to movies that have not withstood the test of time will be replaced with hotels themed to The Incredibles (replacing The Love Bug), transforming the hotels into Metroville with a themed interactive playground in the center of it all, and a hotel themed to Up! (replacing The Mighty Ducks) transforming the hotels & pool area into the tropical jungles of Paradise Falls.

Bonus: The Art of Animation & Pop Century Skyliner route will be expanded with two more stops added on, one at the All-Star Movies Resort and the last one at the Animal Kingdom, allowing for all 3 lines from the Caribbean Beach hub to direct you to a theme park.​
Y'know. Not only did you get the prompt, you also went above and beyond on this one! With 3 new hotels, amazing job!

FireMountain

Original Poster
Results!

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

-
@MickeyMousketeer
With Country Courtyard!
Very unique and seems fun, but didn't really get the prompt.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@mickeyfan5534
With Tangled

Really good, but MK got to the tower first.

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@Pi on my Cake
with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Courtyard
Really well written!

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Disneylover152
With Monster's Inc. and More
Understood the prompt and went above and beyond on it!

Scoreboard and Prompt 2 are coming later (I promise!)

Evilgidgit

Evilgidgit's Reviews - Round #1

The Mighty Duck Pond
streatham-hub-ice-arena.png

The next courtyard at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will be themed to hockey! The outdoors will have light Mighty Ducks (1992) and Donald themes.. but the real magic is inside a large central atrium, which hosts an ice skating rink! Though hockey itself is not played, the rink cycles between a traditional ice skate and a “puck practice” where you practice moving and shooting the hockey puck. This upbeat recreational “pond” will be loved by all!

Bonus: The Skyliner will be expanded through Caribbean Beach to Typhoon Lagoon (roughly the same distance as Pop Star-DHS) and this line could possibly be expanded to DisneySprings in the future.

Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! I like the blending of Mighty Ducks with a little of Donald, and the ice rink is a great idea. I was unaware there already was a Mighty Ducks area at the resort, but I've never been to WDW before, so that gets you off the hook.

Country Courtyard
View attachment 365885

Currently, All Star Music's Country Fair section is in a bit of a rut; not much action goes on around here. That is why Disney will be introducing a true "country fair," right in the heart of the section. This "country fair" will host an outdoor seating area with a stage that will be host to a number of live bands singing country songs, an outdoor bar themed to a saloon, and a kids' playground equipped with swings, a slide, and jungle gym; there's bound to be action here!

Bonus: Once the Skyliner is open, Disney will not only expand to the All Star Resorts, but it will also go on to expand to Animal Kingdom; you'll enter via PANDORA: The Land of Avatar, and will be welcomed as if you are beings from far-off places.​

A country fair idea sounds like a fantastic concept to really liven up the resort, though would this be seen as being like a modern, semi-Frontierland? As for the Skyliner, I'd be concerned that being that high up would break the illusion of Pandora.

Atlantica
View attachment 365900
Atlantica is a part of Disney's All Star Movies Resort, and is a Courtyard based off of The Little Mermaid. The front of the Courtyard has a large-scale replica of Atlantica in front of it from the Movie itself of course, and has a statue of Ariel posing on a rock in front of the building itself. Outside of the building you have Splash Pads based on the Concert Hall from the movie, adding onto the pre-existing Fantasia Pool.

BONUS: The Skyliner will be expanded to be in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, much like the now defunct Skyliner in Disneyland Anaheim.

Though the resorts already feature a Little Mermaid courtyard, I feel this would be a great new addition (or even swap out the existing one), and the level of detail could match Mermaid Lagoon from Tokyo DisneySea.

Tangled
An Expansion to All Star Movies
tangled-port-tokyo-disneysea-expansion.jpg
Tangled is the newest expansion to Disney's All Star Movies Resort. Featuring a large courtyard with Rapunzel's Tower and a statues of characters from the film, this new area is made up entirely of family suites and will be located between the Fantasia and Toy Story areas with the road being rerouted to allow for the new area to be built. A themed pool will sit in the shadow of the tower, creating a relaxing and beautiful area for guests.

Bonus: The Skyliner will be expanded to Disney Springs to allow for easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment nonpareil for guests staying at Skyliner resorts.

Hey, it tops the toilets in Fantasyland. The description balances the theming and new facilities well.

Herbie's Tune-Up Center
View attachment 366791
Herbie's Tune-Up Center infuses the "winner's circle" courtyard area with a new vigor. Six fun, automotive-themed fitness station areas encircle the "track" around a new healthy-menu food kiosk, featuring smoothies, gatorade and light, healthy, fitness-forward snack options. The jogging trail at the front of the resort will feature an extension here, making it a great start/stop or halfway point for a run amongst the three All-Star properties.

Bonus: The Skyliner will have a central stop at the Movies Resort, part of the line that connects Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach, Coronado Springs and DHS.

Choosing a Cars theme would've been easy, but you instead went with Herbie, which is always awesome! However, I feel that the IP doesn't really play much of a role in relation to the fitness theming.

1a_Cherry-tree-Lane-Illustration-Summer-Eva-Kuntz_20181220104059__2f7fe0ab.jpg

In an effort to help distinguish All Star Movies from the Art of Animation Resort, all future expansions will focus on live action films with an eventual plan to remove and retheme current courtyards based on cartoons.

This will start with two new buildings centered around a new Courtyard based on the most iconic live action Disney film: Mary Poppins.

One building will be themed to the original with a large penguin waiter statue and the other will be themed to Mary Poppins Returns with a large penguin tap dancer statue and in between will be a Courtyard full of cherry trees, chalk drawings, and an outdoor stage for live music.

Bonus

A new, seperate skyliner route will be added connecting the All Stars, Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Animal Kingdom with plans to connect it to the original skyliner path in the future.​

It's a good idea, but though you say you want to distinguish All Star Movies from the Art of Animation via live action movies, you focus on the animated sequence from Mary Poppins and its sequel, especially the penguins.

Monster's Inc & More Come to the All-Star Movies Resort!

View attachment 366830

A new Monster's Inc inspired addition, situated right next door to the Toy Story Hotel, will open with two gigantic statues of Mike and Sulley at the entrances to the two buildings and new Monster's Inc inspired doors & hotel rooms to fully immerse guests.

In addition to the instagrammable photo ops throughout the area and monster's around the hotel, the highlight is sure to be the new Monster's Inc Door Factory water structure (sponsored by Monster's University), with themed doors as railings throughout, colorful water slides and even a gigantic bucket themed as a screen can, dumping water on guests.

In addition to expanding by adding an Incredibles themed hotel, the hotels themed to movies that have not withstood the test of time will be replaced with hotels themed to The Incredibles (replacing The Love Bug), transforming the hotels into Metroville with a themed interactive playground in the center of it all, and a hotel themed to Up! (replacing The Mighty Ducks) transforming the hotels & pool area into the tropical jungles of Paradise Falls.

Bonus: The Art of Animation & Pop Century Skyliner route will be expanded with two more stops added on, one at the All-Star Movies Resort and the last one at the Animal Kingdom, allowing for all 3 lines from the Caribbean Beach hub to direct you to a theme park.​

The Monsters, Inc. addition sounds amazing, though I feel removing the live action theming would just turn All Star Movies into an expansion/duplicate of Art of Animation.

spacemt354

Chili's
I have stored some unused prompts from past OSC competitions in 2016/2017 when I hosted -- many of which are non-park based.

As it seems the players have more time than the host, a possible solution could be to have a bank of challenges pre-made and the winner gets to pick the next challenge, like Jeopardy.

The only thing the judges would have to do is pick a winner. This competition has a reputation for being timely, it falls off the rails in activity and quality when unexplained delays like this happen.

FireMountain

Original Poster
Prompt #2
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
miss-tilly-mount-mayday-typhoon-lagoon-night-wdw.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon is a water park that opened in 1989. It is the second water park to open on the resort (the first being the now-closed River Country in 1976). Typhoon Lagoon has an immersive theme of a tropical paradise ruined by a storm. Typhoon Lagoon is home to many water slides and pools. Including the largest wave pool in North America.

Your goal is to create a new water slide for Typhoon Lagoon!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 9:30 PM WDW Time (6:30 PM Disneyland time) on Wednesday, May 1st. Reviews will come after that.

-Bonus-
Create a new pool for Typhoon Lagoon in another separate sentence!

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!

FireMountain

Original Poster
Time's Up?

There was not a single response for this prompt. Was it my laziness with posting the prompt? Was the prompt too hard? Should the game take a break? Should I just call the whole thing off?

mickeyfan5534

Time's Up?

There was not a single response for this prompt. Was it my laziness with posting the prompt? Was the prompt too hard? Should the game take a break? Should I just call the whole thing off?
I for one didn't even see the prompt till now. I think it's just a matter of timing (my first finals are tomorrow so I've been in study mode with tiny breaks)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom