One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 4

D Hulk

Since @James G. is experiencing moderator problems, I’m sharing his critiques for all to enjoy and learn from.

OSC Challenge 2a critiques

@D Hindley
“Shanghai’s Seven Happy Friends”
This was absolutely the perfect solution to this week’s challenge. I don’t know if they are well-known in China, but after this proposal is stolen by the Chinese they will be. You interpreted each “friend’s” personality perfectly in the choice of costuming to fit into each Land. Trying to single out any one thing that especially impressed me is impossible- this was a proposal that I would be proud to present.
Bonus- I do a lot of theatre, and I once joked about how funny it would be to watch an audience who came to see “Fiddler on the Roof” and when the curtain goes up the show being presented is “Les Miserable.” Their reaction would be a few minutes of complete bafflement. This is how I responded to your bonus proposal. Don’t get me wrong- I think it would be a great experience, but DCA has made the exterior of the old TOT so distinctively Guardians of the Galaxy that- no matter how excellently the overlay was presented or how well it was publicized- many would still expect to see Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon and Groot and would be completely bewildered when they are suddenly in a Christmas party with John McClane and German mercenaries. I think you’d need to make this a complete exterior overhaul to make it work. Brilliantly crafted, as always, but it misses the mark a bit.

@TwilightZone
“Epcot’s Popcorn Crankers Around the World”
When I came up with this proposal, the first park I thought of was Epcot because I felt that would be the park with the deepest sources of material to draw from. Looking back now, it was probably too deep, and I should have said that you could look at Future World and World Showcase as two different parks (which they originally were going to be anyway). Regardless, you did a fine job, if a bit incomplete concerning Future World. You ignored the entire left side (as you enter Epcot)- I would have liked to see something recognizing one of the attractions on that side. What you did use, though, was an excellent selection and your inclusion of a hot air balloon for Soarin’ was inspired, as was Aladdin’s Carpet for Morocco. I think I would probably not have even considered using “inanimate” objects as crankers- you did an excellent job of “thinking outside the box!”
World Showcase was covered very well, with a few stand-outs and two bumps. The bumps were Italy and Germany. Pinocchio is Italian and would have fit there better than in Germany. What to put in Germany? Sorry- I just create the proposals, but I know you can come up with something better, considering you gave me a big, long, laugh-out-loud experience with the “teeny replica of Martin Short” in Canada!!
Bonus- “Journey Into Christmas with Figment” was exactly what I was looking for in this bonus proposal. Simple, elegant, and it would have been both familiar to riders and a new experience perfect for the holidays. I don’t know if the image of the Christmas Figment was your inspiration for this proposal or a fortuitous discover, but it was the icing on the Christmas pudding. Great job!

@Evilgidgit
“Popcorn Crank Connoisseurs”
I think I have a pretty broad vocabulary, but I had to look up the word “teritary,” thinking it was a typo- even my spellchecker had never heard of it. Third-ranking Disney characters- I never would have thought to go that deep into the Disney vault, and there is the brilliance of your proposal. These are classic Disney characters that have been either ignored or forgotten by most (except for Scrooge McDuck, who’s always been one of my favorites) and bringing them back into the Disney Universe is a stroke of genius. Frankly I get a bit tired of Mickey-this and Mickey-that…these characters should be reintroduced, and I think your utilizing them in this way is a great way to begin their rehabilitation into the Disney lexicon. I loved how you integrated them into each land subtly and appropriately.
You’ve learned that I’m a sucker for the old stuff, the classics, but if you hadn’t done such a good job with this, I guarantee that I would have called you on it. I’m relieved that I didn’t have to.
Bonus- “Storybook Canal Boats- Christmas Canal.” I’ve never been to Disneyland at Christmas and am surprised to hear that the decorating folks at THPOE don’t already do this (except I didn’t think they would do the Marshmallow replacement of Monstro- if some kids are scared of the whale, what would they think of being eaten by a giant snow monster?!) I really like this proposal, but for some reason it doesn’t stand out as something unexpected, something that would make me look at the Storybook Canal Boats in a new light. It would be fun to ride and experience, but it didn’t jump off the page at me. Too predictable.

@spacemt354
“Prospect Popcorn”
Not really sure what to say, since it really touches on the challenge only peripherally. I asked for a cranker for each land in the park you chose, and even though DHS is going through some drastic changes it still does have official “lands” (Animation Courtyard, Echo Lake, Toy Story Land, etc.). It might well exist, but I couldn’t even find Prospect Avenue. Be that as it may, I’d love to see the Steamboat Willie contraption chugging out popcorn with Steamboat Willie cranking the popcorn wheel. It would be a lot of fun and a great visual to watch. I just wish you’d continued with this and covered each area in DHS.
Bonus- “Waltmas Day” Once again this was not really a response to the challenge. I wanted an overlay of a specific attraction, not a general special holiday event. Should Walt’s birthday be recognized? Absolutely, and if you could have come up with a specific overlay of a specific attraction to do this I’d have been excited to see what your remarkable imagination could have come up with.

This week’s winner of the One Sentence Challenge 2a is…I couldn’t decide. I tossed a coin and it rolled under the sofa, which told me that this week we have a tie. @D Hindley and @Evilgidgit are co-winners this week!
The winner of the bonus round is @TwilightZone for his simple yet elegant “Journey into Christmas with Figment.” Congratulations!!!

James G.

1542514453189.png

Challenge 3a

The Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the park’s most popular dining locations. Chose any Disney dark ride in any Park to have an appropriately-themed restaurant added to it, explaining how the restaurant adds to the ride experience.

You may use two sentences and one image (if desired).

Bonus

This might be a bit complicated, but bear with me. Chose any location in the world for the next proposed Disney Park (it doesn’t have to be a really possible location for a park- example, you could choose some fake town like Frostbite Falls, Minnesota (home of Rocky and Bullwinkle) or it can be a legitimate possibility, such as Rio de Janiero). You’re not being judged on the choice of city, but what you are being judge on is choosing an appropriate name of either the Disney character or the general Disney concept that the new park’s castle will be named for. Example of a bad idea: you might say that Lillehammer (Norway) Disneyland will have as it signature iconic structure the Moana Castle. Bad idea, because she’s from Hawaii. You must choose a name for the castle that hasn’t been used before, and it must have a Disney connection either by a Disney character’s name or by association. Example: The Enchanted Storybook Castle (sort of) is appropriate as the name, since it is supposed to represent all of the Disney princesses (personally I still think it’s a pretty stupid name, and I know you guys can do better).

You can use only one sentence for this bonus and you may use one image (and yes, I realize that the description for the bonus is the longest of the entire competition- too bad.)

You have until next Saturday, November 24th at 10 p.m. E.T. to post, at which time I will once again try to post my critiques and once again the moderator will refuse to release them for no reason...be here next Saturday and join the fun! (no, I'm not bitter)

Last edited:

D Hulk

HARRYHAUSEN'S
5fac9dddfb1feeb3db23b5e661d726ca.jpg

Monsters Inc. Ride 'n' Go-Seek at Tokyo Disneyland gets plussed with Harryhausen's, a sushi restaurant plucked straight from the film and set right alongside an existing ride scene passing through the titular eatery. Guests on-ride will enjoy genuine restaurant sights and smells (in place of present piped-in wasabi scents), while diners will enjoy views into the beloved dark ride, animatronic monster chefs inspired by creatures from Ray Harryhausen's amazing career, and a menu appropriately geared towards local Japanese tastes.

BONUS
latest

Marceline Disneyland coming soon to Walt's childhood hometown of Marceline, Missouri, is a loving tribute to Walt Disney and his earliest creations, with the central Snow White Castle drawing its inspiration from Walt's very first feature length animated film.​

TwilightZone

Captain Hook's
chi95832LARGE.jpg

Next to Peter Pan's flight in disneyland is the return of the famous Chicken of the Sea pirate ship, now just simply called Captain Hook's. It serves all kinds of seafood, including the famous tuna pot pie, while also bringing back a classic location of Disneyland's past that is sure to please young and old.
BONUS
Disney's Wild West Adventure will open in Texas, finally making a disney triangle of sorts in America; it will be themed to the West that never was to avoid the same issues California Adventure had.

spacemt354

Chili's
Isla St. Martinique
In order for a restaurant to add to an existing dark ride experience it must seamlessly blend into a real-world setting and be a passive enough aspect of the attraction that noises/mechanics of the attraction itself don't interfere with the dining experience, and for these reasons, Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom has been chosen as the seasonal Tortuga restaurant across from the Pirates entrance isn't that popular, and the MK version has been inferior to the DL version since its inception. An added Caribbean-themed seafood restaurant will be amended to the attraction after the guest loading area, and before the cave scene, adding some lighted areas and an additional 'scene' to the abbreviated DL version.

Small World Castle
At Sydney Disneyland in Sydney, Australia, Small World Castle (themed after the Disney World's Fair attraction it's a small world) will be at the center of a nostalgic Disney theme park embedded with classics such as Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, among many more.

spacemt354

Chili's
Maybe you should move it some for turkey day? That’s probably why only 2 of us posted so far.
Imo I think there's too much going on (here and irl) compounded by a previously depleted season that saw hosts switch hands towards the end. I believe this is the last intended round anyway iirc @James G. -- but perhaps sometime next year I'd like to see him try again as host and take the reigns from the beginning.

Also host it at a time when people are available (this week there was a finale for a comp, the start of another, and Thanksgiving) so a low turnout doesn't surprise me.

James G.

I agree with all the comments. How's this sound? I'll extend the deadline until Wednesday, Nov. 28th at 10 p.m. E.T. I'll seriously consider hosting this again from start-to-finish, unless someone else wants to do it (I hardly think I now OWN the OSC, more like just fostering it).

OK, if anyone else wants to join in for the finale, and if anyone wants to recruit some competitors old or new go for it, the deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 28th!

AceAstro

Doo-Dah Landing Restaurant

FNC7064432.jpg

After a large refurbishment to Splash Mountain in Disneyland, guests are now able to enjoy lunch/ dinner on the Zip-A-Dee Lady. During breaks in their meal, guests are free to go out onto a specific, fenced off area of the boat to wave out at guests in the finale.

Bonus:

Riverfront_Square_Concept_art.png

Walt Disney's Riverfront Square will open just outside of St. Louis Missouri as an homage to the originally planned second park themed around the mid-west and all the history around it (such as Louis and Clark).​

kmbmw777

Pizza Planet
Pizza-Planet-WEB.jpg

Attached to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger spin will be Pizza Planet Restaurant and Arcade. Based on the iconic location from the Toy Story Series, this sit down restaurant will feature their iconic neon, touristy, and fun decor while still serving America's favorite food - pizza and burgers.

BONUS
Opening in the fictional town of Seaside (home of The Truman Show), because show execs realized that Truman needed something new in his life, is Disneyland Seaside, with a castle based off of the Little Mermaid and a park that copies all of the others to a great extent as to appear very generic.​

Evilgidgit

The Bug Out

maxresdefault.jpg

Next door to It's Tough To Be A Bug at Animal Kingdom is the tavern from A Bug's Life, an environmentally friendly, bug hangout, with an "exotic" menu that insects would love to eat. Watch out for the infamous "Poo-Poo Platter".

Bonus: Disney's Highland Adventure will open in the heart of Scotland, with the Celtic-inspired, stone walled Merida Castle at its centre.

James G.

Just a few hours (ok, nine) hours until the final challenge in One Sentence Competition Season 4 closes! You still have time to get your entries in before the competition is over and you get to hear the results. This also give the mysterious "Moderator" of this site plenty of time to get ready and block my post for no good reason (as has happened in the two previous challenges). Tune in at 10 p.m. E.T. and see how long it takes for me to be able to post the results! Please- no wagering.

AceAstro

Just a few hours (ok, nine) hours until the final challenge in One Sentence Competition Season 4 closes! You still have time to get your entries in before the competition is over and you get to hear the results. This also give the mysterious "Moderator" of this site plenty of time to get ready and block my post for no good reason (as has happened in the two previous challenges). Tune in at 10 p.m. E.T. and see how long it takes for me to be able to post the results! Please- no wagering.
I wager you get "moderated" at 9:35 pm and you will be fine by 10:45 pm...

giphy.gif

James G.

Here it is...I hope.

@D Hindley “Harryhausen’s”- what a wise choice! Your familiarity with the TDL version of Monsters Inc. was a bonus to you, and you utilized that knowledge to create the idea restaurant for this location. Disney Dining could have fun with creating some really strange items on Harryhausen’s menu (even strange by Japanese sushi standards!). This would be an extremely popular restaurant.

Bonus- Snow White Castle in Marceline Disneyland. Sentimental, appropriate, and the image you presented shows it to be a completely original design, drawn directly from the film and unlike any other Disney Castle. That’s what I like- originality.

@TwilightZone “Captain Hook’s” was, frankly, an inspired choice, bringing back a dearly-loved and deeply-missed feature of Walt’s original Disneyland. Changing the name was a wise move, both integrating it into Peter Pan’s Flight and showing that it did offer more to diners than tuna (which I hate, but with this new name I’d certainly give it a try…but not the tuna pot pie). This was one of your best presentations yet- a few capital letters were missing, but I could tell that you were making an attempt and mostly succeeding. Thank you, and congratulations on a fine finale to this competition!

Bonus- Disney’s Wild West Adventure would be a great addition to the Disney Park universe, but you missed the main point of the bonus challenge- you never gave the name of the castle!

@spacemt354 “Isla St. Martinique” Honestly, the idea is really just “Blue Bayou” moved to Florida, but what impressed me was how you first looked at the technical requirements and demands of such a restaurant being added to an existing ride and how to mitigate the intrusiveness of it, and also how the current Tortuga restaurant should be replaced. I wish you’d have used this strong, analytical impact statement about what such a restaurant would have on its new home and chosen a more challenging final location. That would have showcased your creativity, not just your technical savvy.

Bonus- Small World Castle in Sydney Disneyland- now THIS is thinking outside the box! I can visualize how such an amazing castle would appear- colorful, whimsical, a visual delight, one totally unique in the theme park world. I’m too new to WDWMagic to know, but for some reason I seem to remember hearing about a Sydney Disneyland concept. As described in your proposal, Small World Castle would fit perfectly into this concept.

@AceAstro I really, really like this idea, but I’m a bit confused. Is the Zip-A-Dee Lady, the animatronic boat, docked at Doo-Dah Landing? What is the name of the restaurant, the Zip-A-Dee Lady or Doo-Dah Landing? Do the riders see the restaurant itself or just the people who come out and wave to them? I’m probably getting too analytical. I do know that this would be a vibrant, colorful dining experience, fun for the diners and the riders, also. This was an excellent choice for the restaurant, but the proposal needs to be more focused.

Bonus- Oh, NO!!! No castle again! It’s almost tragic that Riverfront Square never came into existence- it’s also tragic that you missed that vital part of the bonus.

@kmbmw777 “Pizza Planet” shows a fine job of integrating appropriate subject matter from the ride’s film basis as a restaurant that would both “plus” the ride and provide the perfect restaurant for people who can’t get enough Toy Story experiences. Visually it would be an exciting addition to the attraction, and while another pizza/burger location in a theme park would normally bring out the frustrated foodie in me, in this case it was the perfect type of restaurant for its target audience.

Bonus- When I first began to read your bonus idea, I thought, “Oh, no. Another missing castle, and in this case a missing Disney park.” Then I finished reading the entire proposal and thought “WOW!” This was an amazing concept, integrating a totally fictional Disney park into a totally fictional non-Disney location. “Little Mermaid Castle”- I never would have come up with a way to utilize it in anything other than a water park. Terrific creativity!

@Evilgidgit “The Bug Out.” My first impression was that this was a terrific idea, taking inspiration directly from the subject matter, but then the more I thought about it the more I saw a major flaw- how can you integrate a restaurant into a non-dinner-theater film-based attraction without interfering with the attraction itself? You’d have to have the restaurant sound-proofed enough to not interrupt the film performances, and that would prevent something that I think would be essential to a truly-integrated dining/attraction experience- the feeling of being part of the action. It’s easy to pretend that, at POTC at DLR, you’re eating on a wharf as the boats drift by on the swamp. The restaurant and the ride compliment each other. If there was interaction between “The Bug Out” diners and the IABL audience it would be more distracting than beneficial. Your menu options would be wonderfully fun to experience, and the restaurant itself would be a great addition to AK- I’m just not sure trying to integrate it into a film attraction works well.

Bonus- “Meridia’s Castle” in Disney’s Highland Adventure would be a great chance for Imagineers to create a castle different from any other in the Disney realm. The rich culture of the Scottish Highlands (where my great-grandparents came from) would provide endless and unique storylines for this park, and Meridia’s Castle would be a powerful symbol for women of all ages in this world of growing and long-overdue equality between the genders. Meridia needs to take her place as a leader among leaders in the Disney Princess “club”. I love this choice!

OK, now is the time that I personally hate…HATE! Occasionally, in such competitions, you have one or perhaps two entries that stand out as the obvious champion. Other times you have so many to chose from that, as a judge, you don’t know which direction to go. I’ve been leaning towards the latter in this round. I reread each one, and reread my critiques of them (which I wrote last night to allow myself time to sleep on it).

In a lot of award shows they no longer use the phrase, “…and the winner is…” They now say “The award goes to…” so that is what I’ll say.

The Award for best solution to Challenge 3a goes to:

@TwilightZone for “Captain Hook’s,” an excellent use of bringing a historic, much-loved dining location back from the past, reimagining and reintroducing it to the modern Disneyland audience and integrating it smoothly into a modern attraction that it has a natural thematic connection to.

The Award for the best solution to the Challenge 3a bonus goes to:

@kmbmw777 for “Little Mermaid Castle” in Disneyland Seaside for an incredible demonstration of thinking far outside the box yet integrating those thoughts deeply into the Disney culture.

And with that we bring another episode of One Sentence Competition to a close. I could never have imagined, when I started as a competitor in my first WDWMagic competition, then such a strange turn of events would occur and half-way into the competition I would find myself behind the judges table. I don’t think that anyone would have expected that. I hope you all believe that, while you might disagree with some of my comments and decisions, I did my best to be fair, impartial, and only present critiques that would be encouraging and constructive. What will the future of OSC bring? I have no idea. Would I be amenable to continuing in this position as the “moderator/judge/reviewer”? Probably, yes, if that is the wish of the participants, present and future. What I absolutely need, though, is honest feedback, suggestions, encouragement and support. Please feel free to contact me either privately or publicly. I want to know how I did, what I should have done differently and where I dropped the ball. And if there was something that I said or did that was really wrong, it was @D Hindley ‘s fault! He told me to do it! Really, you can blame him for my being here at all. He’s the one who introduced me to this remarkable site, and for that I am so grateful. Also, thanks to @MickeyMousketeer for asking me, a totally unproven commodity, to step in and take the reins in the middle of the competition. I’m sure it was a difficult decision to make, but he did it in the best interests of the competition and we all owe him a great big “thank you!” for that.

Now it’s time for me to get the Christmas tree up. I hope you all have a great holiday season, and that you get to spend some time celebrating it at your local theme park enjoying whatever season special events they offer. Me? I’ll be heading down to Kings Island for Winterfest, an event I haven’t been to in about fifteen years. It’s about time I get there, don’t ya think?! Merry Christmas!

D Hulk

Here it is...I hope.

@D Hindley “Harryhausen’s”- what a wise choice! Your familiarity with the TDL version of Monsters Inc. was a bonus to you, and you utilized that knowledge to create the idea restaurant for this location. Disney Dining could have fun with creating some really strange items on Harryhausen’s menu (even strange by Japanese sushi standards!). This would be an extremely popular restaurant.

Bonus- Snow White Castle in Marceline Disneyland. Sentimental, appropriate, and the image you presented shows it to be a completely original design, drawn directly from the film and unlike any other Disney Castle. That’s what I like- originality.

@TwilightZone “Captain Hook’s” was, frankly, an inspired choice, bringing back a dearly-loved and deeply-missed feature of Walt’s original Disneyland. Changing the name was a wise move, both integrating it into Peter Pan’s Flight and showing that it did offer more to diners than tuna (which I hate, but with this new name I’d certainly give it a try…but not the tuna pot pie). This was one of your best presentations yet- a few capital letters were missing, but I could tell that you were making an attempt and mostly succeeding. Thank you, and congratulations on a fine finale to this competition!

Bonus- Disney’s Wild West Adventure would be a great addition to the Disney Park universe, but you missed the main point of the bonus challenge- you never gave the name of the castle!

@spacemt354 “Isla St. Martinique” Honestly, the idea is really just “Blue Bayou” moved to Florida, but what impressed me was how you first looked at the technical requirements and demands of such a restaurant being added to an existing ride and how to mitigate the intrusiveness of it, and also how the current Tortuga restaurant should be replaced. I wish you’d have used this strong, analytical impact statement about what such a restaurant would have on its new home and chosen a more challenging final location. That would have showcased your creativity, not just your technical savvy.

Bonus- Small World Castle in Sydney Disneyland- now THIS is thinking outside the box! I can visualize how such an amazing castle would appear- colorful, whimsical, a visual delight, one totally unique in the theme park world. I’m too new to WDWMagic to know, but for some reason I seem to remember hearing about a Sydney Disneyland concept. As described in your proposal, Small World Castle would fit perfectly into this concept.

@AceAstro I really, really like this idea, but I’m a bit confused. Is the Zip-A-Dee Lady, the animatronic boat, docked at Doo-Dah Landing? What is the name of the restaurant, the Zip-A-Dee Lady or Doo-Dah Landing? Do the riders see the restaurant itself or just the people who come out and wave to them? I’m probably getting too analytical. I do know that this would be a vibrant, colorful dining experience, fun for the diners and the riders, also. This was an excellent choice for the restaurant, but the proposal needs to be more focused.

Bonus- Oh, NO!!! No castle again! It’s almost tragic that Riverfront Square never came into existence- it’s also tragic that you missed that vital part of the bonus.

@kmbmw “Pizza Planet” shows a fine job of integrating appropriate subject matter from the ride’s film basis as a restaurant that would both “plus” the ride and provide the perfect restaurant for people who can’t get enough Toy Story experiences. Visually it would be an exciting addition to the attraction, and while another pizza/burger location in a theme park would normally bring out the frustrated foodie in me, in this case it was the perfect type of restaurant for its target audience.

Bonus- When I first began to read your bonus idea, I thought, “Oh, no. Another missing castle, and in this case a missing Disney park.” Then I finished reading the entire proposal and thought “WOW!” This was an amazing concept, integrating a totally fictional Disney park into a totally fictional non-Disney location. “Little Mermaid Castle”- I never would have come up with a way to utilize it in anything other than a water park. Terrific creativity!

@Evilgidgit “The Bug Out.” My first impression was that this was a terrific idea, taking inspiration directly from the subject matter, but then the more I thought about it the more I saw a major flaw- how can you integrate a restaurant into a non-dinner-theater film-based attraction without interfering with the attraction itself? You’d have to have the restaurant sound-proofed enough to not interrupt the film performances, and that would prevent something that I think would be essential to a truly-integrated dining/attraction experience- the feeling of being part of the action. It’s easy to pretend that, at POTC at DLR, you’re eating on a wharf as the boats drift by on the swamp. The restaurant and the ride compliment each other. If there was interaction between “The Bug Out” diners and the IABL audience it would be more distracting than beneficial. Your menu options would be wonderfully fun to experience, and the restaurant itself would be a great addition to AK- I’m just not sure trying to integrate it into a film attraction works well.

Bonus- “Meridia’s Castle” in Disney’s Highland Adventure would be a great chance for Imagineers to create a castle different from any other in the Disney realm. The rich culture of the Scottish Highlands (where my great-grandparents came from) would provide endless and unique storylines for this park, and Meridia’s Castle would be a powerful symbol for women of all ages in this world of growing and long-overdue equality between the genders. Meridia needs to take her place as a leader among leaders in the Disney Princess “club”. I love this choice!

OK, now is the time that I personally hate…HATE! Occasionally, in such competitions, you have one or perhaps two entries that stand out as the obvious champion. Other times you have so many to chose from that, as a judge, you don’t know which direction to go. I’ve been leaning towards the latter in this round. I reread each one, and reread my critiques of them (which I wrote last night to allow myself time to sleep on it).

In a lot of award shows they no longer use the phrase, “…and the winner is…” They now say “The award goes to…” so that is what I’ll say.

The Award for best solution to Challenge 3a goes to:

@TwilightZone for “Captain Hook’s,” an excellent use of bringing a historic, much-loved dining location back from the past, reimagining and reintroducing it to the modern Disneyland audience and integrating it smoothly into a modern attraction that it has a natural thematic connection to.

The Award for the best solution to the Challenge 3a bonus goes to:

@kmbmw for “Little Mermaid Castle” in Disneyland Seaside for an incredible demonstration of thinking far outside the box yet integrating those thoughts deeply into the Disney culture.

And with that we bring another episode of One Sentence Competition to a close. I could never have imagined, when I started as a competitor in my first WDWMagic competition, then such a strange turn of events would occur and half-way into the competition I would find myself behind the judges table. I don’t think that anyone would have expected that. I hope you all believe that, while you might disagree with some of my comments and decisions, I did my best to be fair, impartial, and only present critiques that would be encouraging and constructive. What will the future of OSC bring? I have no idea. Would I be amenable to continuing in this position as the “moderator/judge/reviewer”? Probably, yes, if that is the wish of the participants, present and future. What I absolutely need, though, is honest feedback, suggestions, encouragement and support. Please feel free to contact me either privately or publicly. I want to know how I did, what I should have done differently and where I dropped the ball. And if there was something that I said or did that was really wrong, it was @D Hindley ‘s fault! He told me to do it! Really, you can blame him for my being here at all. He’s the one who introduced me to this remarkable site, and for that I am so grateful. Also, thanks to @MickeyMousketeer for asking me, a totally unproven commodity, to step in and take the reins in the middle of the competition. I’m sure it was a difficult decision to make, but he did it in the best interests of the competition and we all owe him a great big “thank you!” for that.

Now it’s time for me to get the Christmas tree up. I hope you all have a great holiday season, and that you get to spend some time celebrating it at your local theme park enjoying whatever season special events they offer. Me? I’ll be heading down to Kings Island for Winterfest, an event I haven’t been to in about fifteen years. It’s about time I get there, don’t ya think?! Merry Christmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom