Poe Dameron

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 6
--Sci-Fi Channel--
1280px-SciFi_channel.svg.png

We've turned on our TVs and our stop is - the Sci Fi Channel!
_FM79198%20as%20Smart%20Object-1-M.jpg

With D23 dropping news of Tomorrowland getting the Shanghai Tron Coaster, it also leaves us wondering what will happen to the 'story' (if Disney cares about that) of Tomorrowland with the new additions? Will it be the future that never was is finally here? Will it be a computerized tech look into the future? Or will it just be an assortment of semi-connected Sci-Fi Disney IPs that Bob likes? (Probably the later, but we are going to fix that)

In 1-3 Sentences, your task will be to complete the Tomorrowland Refurb before the 50th at WDW. The only attraction that is untouchable is Tron. Everything else can be rethemed, removed, or edited, just as long as it creates a cohesive theme and story for Tomorrowland into the future!

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Wednesday July 19th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

Poe Dameron

Tomorrowland 2021 will reshape the landscape. Buzz Lightyear will be replaced with an Ant Man Adventures Thru the Quantum Realm attraction, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor will be replaced with Space, Stitch's Great Escape will be replaced with an Adam Warlock attraction. The theme of Tomorrowland will be sleek like Tron, with neon blue and white designs that blend everything together rather than the current design of buildings that look like factories.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Tomorrowland 2021 will reshape the landscape. Buzz Lightyear will be replaced with an Ant Man Adventures Thru the Quantum Realm attraction, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor will be replaced with Space, Stitch's Great Escape will be replaced with an Adam Warlock attraction. The theme of Tomorrowland will be sleek like Tron, with neon blue and white designs that blend everything together rather than the current design of buildings that look like factories.
I feel like I've seen the Quantum Realm idea somewhere but gosh is that a great idea! Ant Man even has an easter egg to Adventures Thru Inner Space in the film.:geek: Happy to see you back!

kmbmw777

Tommorowland
Galactic Age

Galactic-Federation-Earth-Rick-and-Morty.png

In this romantic view of the Future, Buzz Lightyear and the Nearby Laugh floor become Invasion! - an attraction where you join Earth's military to wipe out invading aliens.

Stich's great escape becomes GUARDIANS of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, where you watch either Rocket or baby Groot try to escape the collectors containment facilities at the Tomorrowland Expo Center.

The enter center becomes stylized to showcase Earth's entry to the Galactic Federation (no, not the one from Rick and Morty)!​

D Hulk

download

TOMORROWLAND:
SOLAR CITY
For Magic Kingdom's 50th anniversary, Tomorrowland once again looks to ahead-of-the-curve Futurism with Solar City, inspired by the nascent "solarpunk" sci-fi genre which focuses on Utopianism, sustainable tech, and a harmonious fusion of human cultures (merging Art Nouveau, Craftsman and Afrofuturism) which is both exceedingly avante garde and also wholly in line with Walt's idealized futurist philosophies.

The ending of WALL-E, with the earthbound Axiom ship transformed into a lush vertical farm, actually anticipates this aesthetic, so Solar City's highlight is an optimistic trash-zapping "WALL-E's Eco Blasters" overlay to Buzz Lightyear.

Exterior attractions and Space Mountain receive appropriate aesthetic and content updates (new narration for the Transit Authority), while Stitch's Great Escape becomes a "Voyage to Wakanda" time machine show sending guests back to solarpunk's birth under Black Panther's leadership, and the Laugh Floor becomes a peaceful and transcendent dark ride, "In an Ocean of Stars," sending guests to the furthest cosmos on solar sails using DisneySea 20,000 Leagues tech.

D Hulk

download

TOMORROWLAND:
SOLAR CITY
For Magic Kingdom's 50th anniversary, Tomorrowland once again looks to ahead-of-the-curve Futurism with Solar City, inspired by the nascent "solarpunk" sci-fi genre which focuses on Utopianism, sustainable tech, and a harmonious fusion of human cultures (merging Art Nouveau, Craftsman and Afrofuturism) which is both exceedingly avante garde and also wholly in line with Walt's idealized futurist philosophies.

The ending of WALL-E, with the earthbound Axiom ship transformed into a lush vertical farm, actually anticipates this aesthetic, so Solar City's highlight is an optimistic trash-zapping "WALL-E's Eco Blasters" overlay to Buzz Lightyear.

Exterior attractions and Space Mountain receive appropriate aesthetic and content updates (new narration for the Transit Authority), while Stitch's Great Escape becomes a "Voyage to Wakanda" time machine show sending guests back to solarpunk's birth under Black Panther's leadership, and the Laugh Floor becomes a peaceful and transcendent dark ride, "In an Ocean of Stars," sending guests to the furthest cosmos on solar sails using DisneySea 20,000 Leagues tech.
Oh hey, guess where I was when I wrote this?!
IMG_2593.JPG

Just used my Space Mountain Fastpass after posting!

EDIT: That's my Buzz Lightyear game face.

Last edited:

Sephirenn

Tomorrowland becomes S.E.A.'s SPACESTATION

original.jpg

Welcome to S.E.A.'s Spacestaion, the next step of Tomorrowland's transformation aligning it to a time when human's have not just reached into the cosmos, but they are member of an intergalactic society. The entire land will be enclosed in a building themed towards being on-board the inter-species S.E.A SPACESTATION, with entrances to the land themed after high-tech airlocks. Each attraction is also being replaced: the current gift shops become themed spacestation stores, Stitch's Great Escape becomes a virtual reality-enhanced 4D galactic zoo, the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor becomes the Intergalactic Laugh Floor where aliens from across the universe show up to pitch their latest jokes, the Carousel of Progress stays and is highlighted as a relic of the past on Earth, the Astro Orbiter is re-themed to seem to take passengers "outside" the spacestation, Buzz Lightyear's ride is replaced and taken over by a walking tour of the spacestation's luxury apartments (which turns into a high-tech intimate stunt show), the People Mover is enhanced and augmented to act as a tour of the Spacestation and include a drive-by of the Tron Coaster, Space Mountain is enhanced to become a wormhole jumping coaster that transports you between different extreme climate planets, and the TRON coaster takes you inside the digital workings of the spacestation's computer systems.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

AceAstro

As much as I love the attraction, I am closing Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (#rip) AND Buzz Lightyear's to combine it to create a giant show building. With this show building, I would create a larger, updated, Augmented-reality Buzz Lightyear shooting attraction. It would be very similar to the one currently but on a much larger scale including A.R. glasses that feature your score, ammo (have to reload in the new version), etc.

5_rnx3JidWK4mzPPLpEcaauylUdpIlv7KOCThfc-S3VV_5YKaOi_vyDpGkPUPiYu4HE2ZNAPMHMDE_S8kZZLnT7QsJcgkdljoXa-3y3XR4QzzU0R2aYm8YFMmmNl6TRNbuyNsIoI

(I hope I did this right I have no idea what I am doing lol)

FigmentPigments

TRON CITY
ZZ03232BDFtop.jpg
Tron City is a land that, even though is caught in the midst of revolution, it is as visually pleasing during the day and will light up as the sun goes down with the return of ElecTRONica at the Tomorrowland Stage, but the signs of revolt are all around as Free Code declaring TRON LIVES! pops up on the side of buildings.

Guests will pass under the Derez Gate into Tron City where they will see that Tomorrowland Speedway will become Light Roadsters, Space Mountain will change to Escape From the Grid, the Peoplemover will transform into the Light Rail, Astro Oribiter will now be ISO Tower complete with attacking light jets, Buzz Lightyear will be rethemed as Outlands: Gridbug Attack!, Stitch will now be home to Rise of the MCP, and the Laugh Floor and Carousel of Progress will become the Disc arena and the Ring Game respectively.

Beware of viruses that roam the area as you eat at the End of the Line Club (formally known as Starlight Cafe) or the Coliseum (Tommorrowland Terrace) to watch programs fight for their lives, or make your escape at the Portal (Launching Pad), but not before you take home a couple of souvenirs at The Siren's Armory (Mickey's Star Traders) or Flynn's Safehouse (Merchant of Venus).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom