One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just wanted to let everyone know. I start with the Disney College Program next week. So, my work schedule may be weird and late and I may be a lot busier. I may not be able to post the reviews, results, and next prompts right away. I will promise that they will all be posted within 12 hours of the deadline. If the deadline is 10 pm one night, the results will all be posted BY 10 am the next morning. I'll try to be as quick with things as I can, but I just wanted to let you guys know what is going on.

Daveeeeed

Just wanted to let everyone know. I start with the Disney College Program next week. So, my work schedule may be weird and late and I may be a lot busier. I may not be able to post the reviews, results, and next prompts right away. I will promise that they will all be posted within 12 hours of the deadline. If the deadline is 10 pm one night, the results will all be posted BY 10 am the next morning. I'll try to be as quick with things as I can, but I just wanted to let you guys know what is going on.
Congrats!!!!! I'm looking forward to see what you'll do -- I know you'll do amazing!

spacemt354

Chili's
Woop Woop! Enjoy!!

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to annouce the newest addition to the Muppet Courtyard in Disney's Hollywood Studios which will transform this once small area into a grand Muppet adenvture; expanding into the existing roads around the park will allow OSC to add this new attraction with minimal disturbance or downtime to the existing area!

The Muppet's Small Screen Connection

JcHgtBb.png

Fozzie Bear has done it again: in his love for the classic Great Movie Ride he tried inventing his own small screen version of the attraction, only in classic Fozzie fashion he's fumbled it all up; now you have to travel through these classic Disney-owned properties and help straighten them out (and rescue the Muppets too)!

The ride uses vehicles similar to Dinosaur (though the ride itself is more gentle), ride exits and entrances themed after the classic and modern version of the Muppets TV show, and a building entrance which will be located in the southern section of the Muppet Courtyard utilizing a television facade which guests walk through on their way into the building.

EJWZBGH.gif

On your journey through the television world with the Muppets you will venture into many worlds, including:

- Mickey Mouse Club
- America's Funniest Videos
- Duck Tales
- The Price is Right
- Shark Tank
- ESPN
- Lost
- Jimmy Kimmel Live

Utilizing a combination of state-of-the-art muppet animatronics (green circle icons in image above), full scene and prop re-creation, and large video screen technology, you will experience these television adventures first hand on an exciting journey with the full cast of the Muppets right along with you!

Bonus
This will be duplicated as a stand-alone pay-to-ride attraction in Bristol, CT near the ESPN HQ with an added Muppets bar/restaurant instead of the facade listed above.

DlpPhantom

Comedy time with Fozzie

A short comedy skit performed by fozzie designed in the style of a Saturday night live show. After doing a few terrible jokes fozzie shall attempt an impersonation of Hollywood icons and try and recreate his favorite films. This shall all be done by one puppet in the location of the front section of the muppet gift shop.

Magic Feather

Muppet Movie Magic!

This new interactive exhibit area replacing a portion of the Stage One Vompany store will bring a new insight into Muppety Madness. A variety of interactive stations, and muppet animatronics will entertain guests. One such example is a drum area, that animal will rise oit of the center of and play his drum solo when all the drums are being beat at once. Guests can also throw digital tomatoes at Fozzie doing a comedy routine, and jump in an interactive rainbow connection themed swap, where an AA Kermit plays banjo for background music.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, so the extended deadline to this prompt only had about 48 hours left. This is due 10 PM on Monday the 30th. Reviews will be up by 10 AM on Tuesday the 31st. Usually there is only 4 days for each prompt, but this one was extended due to the sudden and of the Creators Games in an effort to accommodate former players who want to join in on this.

Anyone who wants to join this contest is more than free to do so! I know I've seen some newbies around here the last few days. This is a great place for beginners!

Here is the current prompt:
Prompt 3
It's time to play the music...
latest
-Scenario-
The Muppets have been an enduring and beloved part of pop culture for decades! It makes sense that Muppetvision 3-d wasnt always meant to be the only Muppets attraction in WDW. At one point a Muppets Studio land was planned for Hollywood Studios! That never happened though.

Well, thanks to Star Wars Land causing most of the Streets of America to be demolished, Muppets finally has its own land! Made up of the remnants of the streets and the area around Muppetvision, Muppets Courtyard was born! But the 3d movie and a rethemed pizzeria dont really make a full land.

Jim-Hensons-MuppetVision-3D_Full_10671.jpg;width=624;height=420;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to finish Muppets Courtyard. Add a ride or a show or a walkthrough or another restaurant. Whatever you see fit. Turn this patch of leftovers into a proper Muppets land!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Thursday, January 26th.

Also, you must keep the Muppets involved and the general location in the park. Beyond that, no restrictions.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1-2 additional sentences to describe where you would add a clone of your land (or a part of your land) to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

Here's the overview of the contest of anyone is curious:
Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome to Season 3 of the One Sentence Competition!
swbKuGu.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition. There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved. You can drop in or drop out at anytime and most prompts should not take very long.

I'm your host for episode 1 which will have about 10 prompts over roughly a month and a half. Each prompt will involve some sort of imagineering chanllenge. Some examples from the last episode was to replace the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto in Shanghai Disneyland with something a bit less underwhelming or to add a Haunted Mansion mini-land around the ride in Disneyland Paris. This episode will be similar, but focused on Walt Disney World.

This competition is built on simplicity. Your responses can only be 1-5 sentences long and can only include up to 2 pictures. No videos or websites. Plus there will be a bonus on each prompt that you can use an additional 1-2 sentences to respond to. The bonus is mostly for fun, but if two responses are equally good, the bonus will be used as a tie breaker.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Whoever has the most points at the end of the episode gets first dibs on hosting episode 2 of season 3 (if they want to).

The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time. Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans. A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins Friday the 13th (01/13/17).

I'll periodically be posting one or two practice prompts between now and then just for fun and to make sure everyone understands the format.

If you're interested, give me a "woohoo!" (Or just say "I'm in" or whatever if you don't feel like shouting lol)​

spacemt354

Chili's
Muppet Mansion
muppet_haunted_mansion_poster_3_by_gr8gonzo-d5ayrpu.jpg

In a spoof of horror movies and of Disney's classic attraction, The Haunted Mansion, the Muppets join forces to sent you in your Dumb Buggies (typo) on an adventure through Statler and Waldorf's Mansion.

Narrated by Statler and Waldorf, you ride through the library and the foyer where Animal is playing the piano, but the piano ghost is playing a different tune, making him smash the piano in anger as you ride past. Riding through the seance room, you see the floating head of Gonzo portraying Leota, and in the dining room scene, Fozzie is playing the organ. Going through the attic, Miss Piggy is the bride and throws you out the window to the graveyard with a ton of ghost forms of the Muppets.

FigmentPigments

Muppet Television Studios
Filming Live!

Similar to the Carousel of Progress, guests will be seated in a large rotating theatre that will spin as the guests become the live studio audience for each new show; a handful of lucky guests will also appear on stage either as an alien, guest chef, surgery patient, or a guest judge depending on how many volunteers there are.

Once seated, Scooter, the stage manager, will introduce to each new show while “attempting” to keep the chaos contained, and he will interact with both the audience and the Muppets on stage signaling when the audience should laugh, clap, sigh, and cheer, but as each show becomes progressively more and more uncontrollable, his frazzled nerves often leads to hilarious instructions.

The first show (parodying Star Trek and other sci-fi TV shows), Pigs in Space features Captain Link Hogthrob, Miss Piggy as first mate, and Dr. Julius Strangepork aboard the spacecraft, USS Swinetrek, and follows their hilarious and often times disastrous missions into uncharted space.
full

Cooking with the Swedish Chef is a play on cooking shows which consists of the Swedish Chef enthusiastically attempting to prepare a dish, but going astray due to running gags such as "chickie in du baskie" ("two points!"), Swedish meatballs that bounce, chasing chickens and occasionally Kermit around the kitchen, talking fruits and vegetables offering snarky commentary, and repeatedly adding pepper to a recipe.
full
Veterinarian’s Hospital is poking fun at soap opera’s, especially General Hospital, and stars Rowlf alongside Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice cracking jokes in the operating room much to the patient’s dismay; a disembodied voice is also present to try an direct the Rowlf and the nurses in the right direction.

Muppets Got Talent parodies reality television, most notably America’s Got Talent, and features Kermit, Animal, Statler and Waldorf as judges while a host of other Muppets appear on stage to try and impress; such rotating acts are Walter’s Whistling Concerto, Fozzie Bear’s Comedy Classic, The Great Gonzo and His Canon of Amazement, Lew Zealand and His Famous Flying Fish, and of course the obviously bad act that is in every reality talent show, Rizzo the Rat tries to con the judges into voting for him.

Bonus: Appearing at Disney California Adventure as well, this duplicate attraction will (as with Hollywood Studios) similarly bring television back into a movie dominated park.

With holiday additions, such as the Swedish Chef trying to carve jack o lanterns out of talking pumpkins and the Great Gonzo attempting to decorate a Christmas tree using his canon, this attraction also brings another holiday layover to a park that is practically neglected when compared to Disneyland Park.

Daveeeeed

Muppets Take NEW YORK!
Muppets+and+presidents+always+go+together+_72f8c85a6583c74bb23b0fbaa7f83576.jpg

Backstory and information a briefing from Gonzo in a 5-minute audio-animatronic preshow:
"Gonzo Hello! It has come to my attention that I just became president, but it's okay because I think I know what I'm doing.
(random jokes & gags happen throughout in Muppet fashion with Sam Eagle interrupting by a siren exactly like Alien, and he explains the problem of a Muppet gang which then prompts Gonzo to freak out and the state-of-the-art Gonzo AA jumps back behind his chair shaking)
Sam Eagle It is up to you as you will be "voluntarily drafting" yourself for this crisis never before witnessed by a Muppet President!"

Using Dark-Ride scenes where the vehicle generally moving slowly and sticking around and stopping with the EMV moving in some scenes watching animatronic chases; it is able to have a great ride-length while being far less expensive than Indiana Jones Adventure because of the stops, and also being that it will be using a new ride path. The vehicles (Muppet Police Cars) will be able to also reverse in an escape scene (a first for an EMV) again while also stopping in different scenes. This incredible experience will mesmerize even those not fond of the Muppets, and will breath new life into Muppets Courtyard as well as adding a great non-thrill ride to the park that is good for all ages, and those with medical conditions.

BONI
This riveting Muppet Adventure is sure to please fans of all ages at Hollywood Studios, and to remain cost effective and bring the wonderful ride to another park, Tokyo DisneySEA and it will receive this ride in the long run. The main change being the exterior facade, but what will keep this thematically working in Tokyo will be that its story has minor changes such that the name is changed to "Muppets Take America!"

STATS (count this as a photo please; I attempted to make it one, but it failed as a chart)

Hollywood Studios
Name
Muppets Take NEW YORK!
Area
Muppets Courtyard
Status Set to begin construction
Planned Opening date October 1st, 2020

Tokyo DisneySea
Name
Muppets Take America!
Area
American Waterfront
Status Planned
Planned Opening date October 1st, 2026

General statistics
Attraction type
Dark Ride
Designer Walt Disney Imagineering
Theme The Muppets
Budget $92 million (partially split with Tokyo, and was greenlit by management mainly due to capacity, or Muppet's Courtyard would be rethemed to Frozen:p)
Music Michael Giacchino
Length 1,600 ft.
Vehicle type EMV
Vehicles 12
Riders per vehicle 16
Rows 4
Riders per row 4
Duration 4:12
Height restriction 34 in (86 cm)
Audio-Animatronics Roughly 50 (including Rizzo and his rat friends and the epic Gonzo AA in the queue)
Hosted by American version
Sam Eagle & Gonzo
Japanese version
Sam Eagle & Gonzo & Fozzie Bear
20px-Fastpass_availability_icon.svg.png
Fastpass/Fastpass+ available
20px-Single_rider_line_availability_icon.svg.png
Single Rider line available
20px-Attraction_transfer_icon.svg.png
Must transfer from wheelchair

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to annouce the newest addition to the Muppet Courtyard in Disney's Hollywood Studios which will transform this once small area into a grand Muppet adenvture; expanding into the existing roads around the park will allow OSC to add this new attraction with minimal disturbance or downtime to the existing area!

The Muppet's Small Screen Connection

JcHgtBb.png

Fozzie Bear has done it again: in his love for the classic Great Movie Ride he tried inventing his own small screen version of the attraction, only in classic Fozzie fashion he's fumbled it all up; now you have to travel through these classic Disney-owned properties and help straighten them out (and rescue the Muppets too)!

The ride uses vehicles similar to Dinosaur (though the ride itself is more gentle), ride exits and entrances themed after the classic and modern version of the Muppets TV show, and a building entrance which will be located in the southern section of the Muppet Courtyard utilizing a television facade which guests walk through on their way into the building.

EJWZBGH.gif

On your journey through the television world with the Muppets you will venture into many worlds, including:

- Mickey Mouse Club
- America's Funniest Videos
- Duck Tales
- The Price is Right
- Shark Tank
- ESPN
- Lost
- Jimmy Kimmel Live

Utilizing a combination of state-of-the-art muppet animatronics (green circle icons in image above), full scene and prop re-creation, and large video screen technology, you will experience these television adventures first hand on an exciting journey with the full cast of the Muppets right along with you!

Bonus
This will be duplicated as a stand-alone pay-to-ride attraction in Bristol, CT near the ESPN HQ with an added Muppets bar/restaurant instead of the facade listed above.
Let me just say, I really love your art and maps on every entry you've done this contest. If/when you start doing larger scale contests here, any team you wind up on will be lucky to have you for your art and layouts alone!

I really like this ride and I think it would be a ton of fun! Also, a rather creative take on it. That being said, I'm not sure how realistic this would be. Usually attractions based on tv shows are relatively cheap things like stage shows or walk throughs. Something like this that would easily become an E ticket would be expensive. While some things like Price is Right and Ducktales seem pretty timeless, I can't picture AFV and Shark Tank still being relevant in 5-10 years. And updating would be difficult in a ride like this to replace shows that become too irrelevant. Of course, Song of the South isn't exactly a relevant IP and Splash Mountain is still going strong. Overall another great proposal!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Comedy time with Fozzie

A short comedy skit performed by fozzie designed in the style of a Saturday night live show. After doing a few terrible jokes fozzie shall attempt an impersonation of Hollywood icons and try and recreate his favorite films. This shall all be done by one puppet in the location of the front section of the muppet gift shop.
I love the streetmosphere approach you took with this! This would really help Muppets Courtyard feel more alive! This would be a rather cheap and simple addition too. My only 2 concerns is that this might be too similar to Great Moments in History over in Magic Kingdom and that Fozzie by himself might get a bit boring. Fozzie usually works best when he is playing off of other Muppets. Overall, a great simple idea that could add a lot of life to the land, but perhaps it might be too small an addition to round out the land.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Movie Magic!

This new interactive exhibit area replacing a portion of the Stage One Vompany store will bring a new insight into Muppety Madness. A variety of interactive stations, and muppet animatronics will entertain guests. One such example is a drum area, that animal will rise oit of the center of and play his drum solo when all the drums are being beat at once. Guests can also throw digital tomatoes at Fozzie doing a comedy routine, and jump in an interactive rainbow connection themed swap, where an AA Kermit plays banjo for background music.
I like the idea of a walkthrough! And the idea of the interactive exhibits is very nice. This feels like a great fit and a good way to round out the land. This could be a good kid focused area that could fill the void from Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playset. My only concern is that this would not appeal to all ages and would just bring in younger audiences. Which isn't so bad, but the Muppets brand has always appealed to adults as well as kids very well.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Mansion
muppet_haunted_mansion_poster_3_by_gr8gonzo-d5ayrpu.jpg

In a spoof of horror movies and of Disney's classic attraction, The Haunted Mansion, the Muppets join forces to sent you in your Dumb Buggies (typo) on an adventure through Statler and Waldorf's Mansion.

Narrated by Statler and Waldorf, you ride through the library and the foyer where Animal is playing the piano, but the piano ghost is playing a different tune, making him smash the piano in anger as you ride past. Riding through the seance room, you see the floating head of Gonzo portraying Leota, and in the dining room scene, Fozzie is playing the organ. Going through the attic, Miss Piggy is the bride and throws you out the window to the graveyard with a ton of ghost forms of the Muppets.

This seems very clever (as always with you) and a great Muppets style attraction. Hollywood Studios could use a more traditional dark ride. Personally speaking, as a huge Muppets and Haunted Mansion fan, this is probably the ride I would most want to go on. My concern is that while everyone knows the haunted mansion, some of the details might not be as known to everyone. Disney parks fans will get it, but will the general audience remember the piano ghost? On the other hand, a well done parody can hold up on its own.

Sidenote: that song is gonna be stuck in my head for a week :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom