One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Television Studios
Filming Live!

Similar to the Carousel of Progress, guests will be seated in a large rotating theatre that will spin as the guests become the live studio audience for each new show; a handful of lucky guests will also appear on stage either as an alien, guest chef, surgery patient, or a guest judge depending on how many volunteers there are.

Once seated, Scooter, the stage manager, will introduce to each new show while “attempting” to keep the chaos contained, and he will interact with both the audience and the Muppets on stage signaling when the audience should laugh, clap, sigh, and cheer, but as each show becomes progressively more and more uncontrollable, his frazzled nerves often leads to hilarious instructions.

The first show (parodying Star Trek and other sci-fi TV shows), Pigs in Space features Captain Link Hogthrob, Miss Piggy as first mate, and Dr. Julius Strangepork aboard the spacecraft, USS Swinetrek, and follows their hilarious and often times disastrous missions into uncharted space.
full

Cooking with the Swedish Chef is a play on cooking shows which consists of the Swedish Chef enthusiastically attempting to prepare a dish, but going astray due to running gags such as "chickie in du baskie" ("two points!"), Swedish meatballs that bounce, chasing chickens and occasionally Kermit around the kitchen, talking fruits and vegetables offering snarky commentary, and repeatedly adding pepper to a recipe.
full
Veterinarian’s Hospital is poking fun at soap opera’s, especially General Hospital, and stars Rowlf alongside Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice cracking jokes in the operating room much to the patient’s dismay; a disembodied voice is also present to try an direct the Rowlf and the nurses in the right direction.

Muppets Got Talent parodies reality television, most notably America’s Got Talent, and features Kermit, Animal, Statler and Waldorf as judges while a host of other Muppets appear on stage to try and impress; such rotating acts are Walter’s Whistling Concerto, Fozzie Bear’s Comedy Classic, The Great Gonzo and His Canon of Amazement, Lew Zealand and His Famous Flying Fish, and of course the obviously bad act that is in every reality talent show, Rizzo the Rat tries to con the judges into voting for him.

Bonus: Appearing at Disney California Adventure as well, this duplicate attraction will (as with Hollywood Studios) similarly bring television back into a movie dominated park.

With holiday additions, such as the Swedish Chef trying to carve jack o lanterns out of talking pumpkins and the Great Gonzo attempting to decorate a Christmas tree using his canon, this attraction also brings another holiday layover to a park that is practically neglected when compared to Disneyland Park.
Very clever as always. The shows parodied feel like a good selection of genres. The audience participation is neat (if possibly impractical, but that depends on how it is implemented. The timing has to stay very consistent with a rotating theater and the volunteers would have to be watched so they don't try to touch or mess with the animatronics when they're on stage).

I'm gonna overlook it this time since this is a more for-fun competition, but keep an eye on your sentence count. Looks like you have an extra one in there.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppets Take NEW YORK!
Muppets+and+presidents+always+go+together+_72f8c85a6583c74bb23b0fbaa7f83576.jpg

Backstory and information a briefing from Gonzo in a 5-minute audio-animatronic preshow:
"Gonzo Hello! It has come to my attention that I just became president, but it's okay because I think I know what I'm doing.
(random jokes & gags happen throughout in Muppet fashion with Sam Eagle interrupting by a siren exactly like Alien, and he explains the problem of a Muppet gang which then prompts Gonzo to freak out and the state-of-the-art Gonzo AA jumps back behind his chair shaking)
Sam Eagle It is up to you as you will be "voluntarily drafting" yourself for this crisis never before witnessed by a Muppet President!"

Using Dark-Ride scenes where the vehicle generally moving slowly and sticking around and stopping with the EMV moving in some scenes watching animatronic chases; it is able to have a great ride-length while being far less expensive than Indiana Jones Adventure because of the stops, and also being that it will be using a new ride path. The vehicles (Muppet Police Cars) will be able to also reverse in an escape scene (a first for an EMV) again while also stopping in different scenes. This incredible experience will mesmerize even those not fond of the Muppets, and will breath new life into Muppets Courtyard as well as adding a great non-thrill ride to the park that is good for all ages, and those with medical conditions.

BONI
This riveting Muppet Adventure is sure to please fans of all ages at Hollywood Studios, and to remain cost effective and bring the wonderful ride to another park, Tokyo DisneySEA and it will receive this ride in the long run. The main change being the exterior facade, but what will keep this thematically working in Tokyo will be that its story has minor changes such that the name is changed to "Muppets Take America!"

STATS (count this as a photo please; I attempted to make it one, but it failed as a chart)

Hollywood Studios
Name
Muppets Take NEW YORK!
Area
Muppets Courtyard
Status Set to begin construction
Planned Opening date October 1st, 2020

Tokyo DisneySea
Name
Indiana Jones Adventure:
Temple of the Crystal Skull
Area American Waterfront
Status Planned
Planned Opening date October 1st, 2026

General statistics
Attraction type
Dark Ride
Designer Walt Disney Imagineering
Theme The Muppets
Budget $92 million (partially split with Tokyo, and was greenlit by management mainly due to capacity, or Muppet's Courtyard would be rethemed to Frozen:p)
Music Michael Giacchino
Length 1,600 ft.
Vehicle type EMV
Vehicles 12
Riders per vehicle 16
Rows 4
Riders per row 4
Duration 4:12
Height restriction 34 in (86 cm)
Audio-Animatronics Roughly 50 (including Rizzo and his rat friends and the epic Gonzo AA in the queue)
Hosted by American version
Sam Eagle & Gonzo
Japanese version
Sam Eagle & Gonzo & Fozzie Bear
20px-Fastpass_availability_icon.svg.png
Fastpass/Fastpass+ available
20px-Single_rider_line_availability_icon.svg.png
Single Rider line available
20px-Attraction_transfer_icon.svg.png
Must transfer from wheelchair
It is clear this idea really spoke you and you have a lot more thought up for it than you wrote down. This seems like it would be very fun and exciting. I like the idea of Gonzo suddenly becoming president and not understanding why or how. Over all, a strong entry. Your budget seems low to me, but I honestly don't know enough about Disney budgets to dispute you.
images

My only real problem is that you seem to be pushing the sentences to the limit ;p I'll count that "chart" as a picture for you because this is a more for-fun contest, but next time maaaaaybe I won't. Mwahahahaha. Maniacal laugh!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155
-
@Sephirenn
While your proposal as a whole was very strong, in this exceptionally tough to judge round it wasn't quite strong enough for the top three. BUT your art and maps are just so flipping fantastic. It looks incredibly professional. Definitely deserving of an honorable mention.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@spacemt354
While perhaps lacking in broad appeal, overall a great Muppet ride idea. It fits the funny, meta tone of the Muppets.

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@FigmentPigments
A really strong idea. If it wasn't for the fact that there are so many shows in Hollywood Studios, this one may have won gold.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@David2319
Just a great idea with a lot of creativity behind it. It properly captures the Muppet feel and would bring a great new energy to both the land and to Hollywood Studios as a whole.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just to announce a small change. Since there seems to be a lot of activity in these boards and things going on, this competition will slightly change structure. From now on, unless otherwise mentioned, you will only be able to use 3 sentence and 1 picture in your proposals. This will help keep the One Sentence competition feeling distinct from the other contests (focusing on "elevator pitches" and general concepts rather than details) while also lowering the amount of work for people trying to do this and SYWTBAI when that starts.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 4
Freshest of the Fresh

cf-lg.png

-Scenario-
The analysts have just told Iger the good news! That 2017 or 2018 Disney movie is going to be a hit! A huuuuggggeee hit!!! Might become the most popular movie of all time! Not only that, but it is going to be one of, if not the, best reviewed movies of all time! I'm talking 103% on Rotten Tomatoes!

Walt-Disney.jpg

Naturally, Imagineering has been told to start working on either an E ticket or land or maybe even a while new park themed to this movie. Unfortunately, you are not on this team of imagineers.

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to choose one of the upcoming 2017/2018 Disney movies and make a quick experience or attraction as a placeholder until the E ticket or whatever opens. Think of the type of stuff they've done to cash in on Frozen (before Frozenstorm) and Star Wars (before star wars land) hype as examples of temporary stuff for this challenge. You can put your idea anywhere in Walt Disney World.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 7
10 PM on Friday, Febuary 3rd.

Also, you must use a 2017 or 2018 movie that has not been released yet. AND you cannot use Marvel properties other than Dr. Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy. ALSO no Star Wars since there's already Star Wars stuff up.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your experience to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!

For reference, here is a list of Disney movies coming up in the 2017/18

Live Action Beauty and the Beast
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Cars 3
Coco
Wreck-It Ralph 2
Wrinkle in Time
The Incredibles 2
Live Action Mulan
Gigantic
Mary Poppins Returns

I got it off Wikipedia, so it might not be complete haha. Feel free to add to it.​

spacemt354

Chili's
tumblr_inline_oh0qs3h7IZ1qjz4jr_1280.jpg

Similar to how Disney didn't predict the smash-hit of Frozen and had to shoehorn "Frozen Summer Fun" into Disney's Hollywood Studios, the same will be happening in the fall of 2017 with Disney/Pixar's Coco. Themed to Mexican culture and the "Day of the Dead" -- will be another summer festival starting in June and ending in September, throughout DHS, featuring mariachi bands, characters from the film, decorations up and down the entrance to the park, and a nighttime light parade. Ultimately, this will be a quick fix until this film probably takes over The Three Caballeros attraction at the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot.

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to announce that due to the impending success of "Cruella", Disney's Hollywood Studios is bringing back its famous "Villain's Unleashed" event, only this time it will be in operation Fri - Mon, be free to all, is hosted by Cruella herself, and is now a permanent fixture of the park!

"Cruella - Villains Unleashed"

OnIL10V.png

Taking advantage of the ability to use and upgrade previously created materials, scenes, props, and employee training, this new version of "Cruella: Villains Unleashed" will be quickly deployable while still being a new experience to most guests (and with an added emphasis on Cruella, there will be new experiences for even those who were able to attend one of the original events).

In addition to the wide swath of character meet and greet opportunities, guests will enjoy themselves by dancing in the "Black, White, and Red Villain's Dance Club", searching for dalmatians around the park in the "Great Dalmatian Search", and taking pictures inside various themed villain props and vehicles in the "Secret Graveyard of Villainous Props".

jsurbs

tesseractmountain.jpg

A Wrinkle In Time exploded over its opening weekend as an unexpected box-office triumph, gaining critical acclaim internationally, becoming the #1 movie in the world for the third week in a row, and now Walt Disney Imagineering is scrambling to build a new E-Ticket attraction based on the movie at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, CA that will reside in the Star Wars Launch Bay building in Tomorrowland.

In great anticipation of the upcoming ride, “Space Mountain” will receive a brand new overlay called “Tesseract Mountain”, where guests will travel through the fifth dimension to the planets of Uriel, Ixchel and Camazotz as Mrs. Whatsit (Reese Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Mindy Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Oprah Winfrey) fold the fabric of space and time in a mind-bending, unforgettable adventure.

With brand new special effects and lighting, upgraded 4K projections, new inner dome 4K screens, and an incredible score from the motion picture — take a journey with Meg and Charles Murry as they rescue their father, Dr. Alexander Murry (Chris Pine) from “IT”, an evil disembodied brain with powerful telepathic abilities!

---

Just like Frozen, Japan is also receiving A Wrinkle In Time with extraordinary success and with overwhelming demand, Tokyo Disneyland is proud to announce that their “Space Mountain” will for the first time receive an overlay with “Tesseract Mountain”, adding brand new cars that now blast surround sound, high-definition audio just like their counterparts in Anaheim and Hong Kong.​

kmbmw777

Wreck-it-Ralph Takeover
Wreck-It-Ralph-2-Image.jpg

The first change will be that games inspired by the world of Wreck it Ralph will be added to all of the hotel arcades (Fix it Felix, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush, etc.).

Secondly, the My Disney Experience App will be updated and given themes (which one can choose for small in-app-purchases), which allow characters from various universes (starting with Wreck it Ralph) to wander around your app, and guide you through your reservation making processes.

Finally, a smashing Hollywood Studios party with character greets for the new characters, and just an overall technology theme to the dance parties.​

Magic Feather

Hollywood Studios Gigantic Summer!
Ever since the smash hit, gigantic, hit theaters, a new summer event has been planned for Hollywood Studios. A new 3D experience in a projection dome will be placed in the old Jack Sparrow signage. Lastly, a new procession that utilizes giant, Tapestry of Nations- esque puppets to retell the story of Gigantic.

DlpPhantom

The Mulan training Grounds.

Located in the spot that right now showcases Disney's newest park in China at EPCOT the Mulan meat and greet plus interactive shows about training to become a soldier and fighting along side Mulan outside. This and a new Mulan inspired 360 Circle vision show will alleviate the crowds from Norway and a way to cash in on a bound to be successful re-make are the reason for the small intrusion.

FigmentPigments

Welcome to the NSA
On the heels of the successful Incredibles 2 movie, Disney has repurposed the Star Wars Launch Bay (2018) into the NSA (National Supers Agency) where guests can be analyzed by the Supers Database (personality quiz) to see what kind of super each guest is, what their super hero name will be, and what their powers are.

Guests, not waiting to meet Mr. Incredible, his family, Frozone, some of the Thrilling Three, Phantasmics, or Beta Force (all featured in the new movie), can enter into Edna Mode's Design Studio to design their own superhero costume, and after she critiques it (No capes!), each guest can try out their costume in the new and improved version of the Iron Man simulator.
Featured in the Animation Courtyard, Mr. Incredible and friends will face off against the villain of the week (alternating to keep the show fresh) in a 15 minute show filled with small scale stunts, light special effects, and misdirection called A Most Incredible Day.

Bonus: Taking the place of the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland in 2018 is Welcome to the NSA, a duplicate of the attraction located at Hollywood Studios.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
tumblr_inline_oh0qs3h7IZ1qjz4jr_1280.jpg

Similar to how Disney didn't predict the smash-hit of Frozen and had to shoehorn "Frozen Summer Fun" into Disney's Hollywood Studios, the same will be happening in the fall of 2017 with Disney/Pixar's Coco. Themed to Mexican culture and the "Day of the Dead" -- will be another summer festival starting in June and ending in September, throughout DHS, featuring mariachi bands, characters from the film, decorations up and down the entrance to the park, and a nighttime light parade. Ultimately, this will be a quick fix until this film probably takes over The Three Caballeros attraction at the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot.
Good job on the extremely fast response time to this lol. You posted this in 10 minutes haha

This feels like a lot of fun! Hollywood Studos works well as the place for promotions for new movies. This seems like a good summer festival. My only real concern is the light parade. I'd love that, but if Disney won't even build a new permanent light parade, I doubt they'd build a temporary. The other problem is that the day of the dead is in October no summer lol. Maybe move this to Halloween. Overall though, a really solid, well done proposal.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to announce that due to the impending success of "Cruella", Disney's Hollywood Studios is bringing back its famous "Villain's Unleashed" event, only this time it will be in operation Fri - Mon, be free to all, is hosted by Cruella herself, and is now a permanent fixture of the park!

"Cruella - Villains Unleashed"

OnIL10V.png

Taking advantage of the ability to use and upgrade previously created materials, scenes, props, and employee training, this new version of "Cruella: Villains Unleashed" will be quickly deployable while still being a new experience to most guests (and with an added emphasis on Cruella, there will be new experiences for even those who were able to attend one of the original events).

In addition to the wide swath of character meet and greet opportunities, guests will enjoy themselves by dancing in the "Black, White, and Red Villain's Dance Club", searching for dalmatians around the park in the "Great Dalmatian Search", and taking pictures inside various themed villain props and vehicles in the "Secret Graveyard of Villainous Props".
I never really heard of Club Villain, but after reading your proposal I looked it up. Sounds pretty neat! Cruella would be a great host for it too! My main concern is that I don't see them making the upcharge event free. The other ideas for things in the park seem really creative and cool though. The Great Dalmation Search especially seems absolutely perfect!

spacemt354

Chili's
Good job on the extremely fast response time to this lol. You posted this in 10 minutes haha

This feels like a lot of fun! Hollywood Studos works well as the place for promotions for new movies. This seems like a good summer festival. My only real concern is the light parade. I'd love that, but if Disney won't even build a new permanent light parade, I doubt they'd build a temporary. The other problem is that the day of the dead is in October no summer lol. Maybe move this to Halloween. Overall though, a really solid, well done proposal.
Lol thank you -- it's because I didn't want anyone to take it:cautious::hilarious:
typing.gif

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
tesseractmountain.jpg

A Wrinkle In Time exploded over its opening weekend as an unexpected box-office triumph, gaining critical acclaim internationally, becoming the #1 movie in the world for the third week in a row, and now Walt Disney Imagineering is scrambling to build a new E-Ticket attraction based on the movie at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, CA that will reside in the Star Wars Launch Bay building in Tomorrowland.

In great anticipation of the upcoming ride, “Space Mountain” will receive a brand new overlay called “Tesseract Mountain”, where guests will travel through the fifth dimension to the planets of Uriel, Ixchel and Camazotz as Mrs. Whatsit (Reese Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Mindy Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Oprah Winfrey) fold the fabric of space and time in a mind-bending, unforgettable adventure.

With brand new special effects and lighting, upgraded 4K projections, new inner dome 4K screens, and an incredible score from the motion picture — take a journey with Meg and Charles Murry as they rescue their father, Dr. Alexander Murry (Chris Pine) from “IT”, an evil disembodied brain with powerful telepathic abilities!

---

Just like Frozen, Japan is also receiving A Wrinkle In Time with extraordinary success and with overwhelming demand, Tokyo Disneyland is proud to announce that their “Space Mountain” will for the first time receive an overlay with “Tesseract Mountain”, adding brand new cars that now blast surround sound, high-definition audio just like their counterparts in Anaheim and Hong Kong.​
Alright, I know literally nothing about Wrinkle in Time lol. The cast sounds incredible though! This seems like a really neat addition though. After Star Wars land opens, Space Mountain will be free for another overlay. My only real concern is the name. With how important the Tesseract is in the Avengers and Marvel movies, I think a lot of guests would get one expecting Iron Man and Thor only to find Oprah and Chris Pine. But the name is really my only problem.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wreck-it-Ralph Takeover
Wreck-It-Ralph-2-Image.jpg

The first change will be that games inspired by the world of Wreck it Ralph will be added to all of the hotel arcades (Fix it Felix, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush, etc.).

Secondly, the My Disney Experience App will be updated and given themes (which one can choose for small in-app-purchases), which allow characters from various universes (starting with Wreck it Ralph) to wander around your app, and guide you through your reservation making processes.

Finally, a smashing Hollywood Studios party with character greets for the new characters, and just an overall technology theme to the dance parties.​
Probably the most low key proposal in a lot of ways. I'm honestly surprised that haven't made versions of all the characters games already. I know that have (had?) Fix it Felix Jr. In Disney Quest. Why not place it in all the arcades? It would be an experience only Disney can have increasing the value of the arcade cabinets and enhance the movies by making the characters "real." And the app themes are a clever idea. But honestly wouldnt surprise me considering how most apps operate and how Disney operates. My only concern is that integration into the parks might be a little lack luster. Dance party and characters are pretty par for the course with things like this. But the other aspects are clever enough to make up for a somewhat basic in park integration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom