One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hollywood Studios Gigantic Summer!
Ever since the smash hit, gigantic, hit theaters, a new summer event has been planned for Hollywood Studios. A new 3D experience in a projection dome will be placed in the old Jack Sparrow signage. Lastly, a new procession that utilizes giant, Tapestry of Nations- esque puppets to retell the story of Gigantic.
This is some outside the box thinking. I briefly thought that a 3-d projection dome might be too big a cost for this kind of prompt, but it would be an investment as it could be easily rethemed to future hit movies for very little cost. A good way to provide unique experiences that can be easily switched out. The giant puppet thing is very cool too. My main concern, and this night sound like a joke, is that those Millennium puppets terrified me as a kid. And everyone around my age I've talked to about them (at least 5 different people who would 've been between 4 and 8) also remember being creeped out by them. I honestly always assumed that is why the parade was removed lol. But as long as they can be designed in a way that doesn't scare kids, this would be a very cool idea.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Mulan training Grounds.

Located in the spot that right now showcases Disney's newest park in China at EPCOT the Mulan meat and greet plus interactive shows about training to become a soldier and fighting along side Mulan outside. This and a new Mulan inspired 360 Circle vision show will alleviate the crowds from Norway and a way to cash in on a bound to be successful re-make are the reason for the small intrusion.
This is one of the few to not take place in Hollywood Studios, so you get props for thinking outside the box a bit lol. I would be sad to see the video themed to the actual country get replaced with one themed to the movie. Maelstrom was one thing, but at least that was themed to a countries legends. That being said, it is pretty realistic. And I'm sure it would be a great experience. The rest of the stuff is very cool as well. Space would be kinda tight, so it might be tough to do too much. But these are really small problems over all. This was another very solid proposal.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Welcome to the NSA
On the heels of the successful Incredibles 2 movie, Disney has repurposed the Star Wars Launch Bay (2018) into the NSA (National Supers Agency) where guests can be analyzed by the Supers Database (personality quiz) to see what kind of super each guest is, what their super hero name will be, and what their powers are.

Guests, not waiting to meet Mr. Incredible, his family, Frozone, some of the Thrilling Three, Phantasmics, or Beta Force (all featured in the new movie), can enter into Edna Mode's Design Studio to design their own superhero costume, and after she critiques it (No capes!), each guest can try out their costume in the new and improved version of the Iron Man simulator.
Featured in the Animation Courtyard, Mr. Incredible and friends will face off against the villain of the week (alternating to keep the show fresh) in a 15 minute show filled with small scale stunts, light special effects, and misdirection called A Most Incredible Day.

Bonus: Taking the place of the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland in 2018 is Welcome to the NSA, a duplicate of the attraction located at Hollywood Studios.
Alright, I'm gonna not let my love of the Incredibles give you an unfair advantage lol. This seems really smart. I like the interactivity and the variety of experiences. There's a lot of fun ideas here! My only concern is the outside show. Animation Courtyard is usually full of people. And between the Mermaid Show and Disney Junior, it's a lot of tiny people who don't follow directions well. Having something with action and effects might be dangerous in that space. Right now the most exciting streetmosphere there is Stormtroopers slowly walking. If it could be done safely though, it would be a really exciting additiom

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Sephirenn - Cruella
You lost realism points making Club Villain free, but the other aspects were all really amazing! It took me a while to decide how to grade your project because of that. Eventually I settled on an HM since some aspects were Medal worthy and some were not quite. Still really fantastic as always.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@Magic Feather - Gicantic
My personal childhood fears aside, this would be really fun and a great creative idea!

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@jsurbs - Wrinkle in Time
Honestly, I want this to be real just for the Avengers bait and switch haha. Over all a great, simple idea. The perfect kind of response to this prompt.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@kmbmw777 - Wreck it Ralph 2
While the in park stuff is a bit basic it is still solid. And the rest is just so smart. You proposal is the type of thing where as soon as I read it I wondered why it hadnt happened already. Both the arcade games and the themes. Just very clever thinking.

Congrats again everyone! You do not make my job easy lol. There was at least one point in time every single one of these responses was on my list of medals. I want back and forth a lot on this one. Just all so creative and clever!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 5
The Grandest Golf Ball of them All

-Scenario-
Alright, folks. Time for the end of the first half! To mark our mid-point, let's tackle a big project. First, there was the original Lawrence Dobkin version. Then, Walter Cronkite. Followed by Jeremy Irons. Currently, Judi Dench. Next... well, that's why we're here.

SPACESHIP-EARTH-MURAL-2.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to create Spaceship Earth Version 5. You can make a relatively small update where you just freshen things up slightly and add a new narrator, you can tear the whole thing out and start from scratch, or you can do anything in between.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Tuesday, February 7th.

Also, the "Big Ball" structure has to stay mostly visibly the same on the outside. You can do whatever you want on the inside, but the sphere is too iconic to bulldoze.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your new Spaceship Earth to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 5

-Scenario-
Alright, folks. Time for the end of the first half! To mark our mid-point, let's tackle a big project. First, there was the original Lawrence Dobkin version. Then, Walter Cronkite. Followed by Jeremy Irons. Currently, Judi Dench. Next... well, that's why we're here.

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to create Spaceship Earth Version 5. You can make a relatively small update where you just freshen things up slightly and add a new narrator, you can tear the whole thing out and start from scratch, or you can do anything in between.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Tuesday, February 7th.

Also, the "Big Ball" structure has to stay mostly visibly the same on the outside. You can do whatever you want on the inside, but the sphere is too iconic to bulldoze.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your new Spaceship Earth to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
Only 24ish hours left on this prompt!

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC Corp is proud to announce that Epcot's classic Spaceship Earth is undergoing magical enhancements (which Disney Imagineers have dubbed the "Visceral Upgrade") to truly immerse our guests in the innovations of Earth's history while keeping true to the original and current incarnations of the attraction.

Spaceship Earth [Visceral Upgrade]

This upgrade to Spaceship Earth will not replace any scenes or major props on the ride; instead, many existing scenes will be enhanced through the use of sound (new narrator and special effects), smell (new scents), touch (temperature, wind), and sight (general refurbishment and new video content).

Bqqx7Pl.png

Sir Patrick Stewart has been named the new narrator for the attraction; and the new interactive video-screen content will be seamlessly compatible with guests magic bands, showing them not only their own personalized version of the future at the end of the ride, but incorporating things like MemoryMaker photos and data about a guests favorite attraction, Disney resort stay, and dining reservations.

DlpPhantom

Press Release

OSC Corp is proud to announce that Epcot's classic Spaceship Earth is undergoing magical enhancements (which Disney Imagineers have dubbed the "Visceral Upgrade") to truly immerse our guests in the innovations of Earth's history while keeping true to the original and current incarnations of the attraction.

Spaceship Earth [Visceral Upgrade]

This upgrade to Spaceship Earth will not replace any scenes or major props on the ride; instead, many existing scenes will be enhanced through the use of sound (new narrator and special effects), smell (new scents), touch (temperature, wind), and sight (general refurbishment and new video content).

Bqqx7Pl.png

Sir Patrick Stewart has been named the new narrator for the attraction; and the new interactive video-screen content will be seamlessly compatible with guests magic bands, showing them not only their own personalized version of the future at the end of the ride, but incorporating things like MemoryMaker photos and data about a guests favorite attraction, Disney resort stay, and dining reservations.
I had picked the same narrorator as you.

DlpPhantom

SPACE SHIP EARTH

The new narrator is Patrick Stuart his voice is recognizable and perfect for this attraction. We then jump it the future a couple million years to see children learning to become scribes in a school in Mesopotamia. Our narrator says that this was the first written language. The ride is the same until after the printing press scene, the scene that follows is Alexander Bell testing the first telephone. Then a short scene showing a family crowding around a radio.
alexander-graham-bell-first-telephone-call-7714-1-jpg.167179

We shoot many years into the future as we launch space missions and work on computers. After that scene we see a young Steve jobs working on the laptop. Flashing to modern day we see people Skypeing and watching YouTube. Other people talk over cell phones.

After turning down and returning to earth we enter a space station a group of astronauts communicate with their loved ones back home in hd video call quality. Another is being taught how to speak Chinese so that he can talk to the Chinese astronaut who is transmitting data in over 100 languages.

You then exit into the post show area in the very center of a large room is the complete progress city model in a huge glass case. On the walls there are screens with videos about the history of the model and Epcot.
thyx2vq5e2-jpg.167176

kmbmw777

Time Racers
wormhole716a.jpg

After being briefed on a futuristic spaceship, guests must venture throughout time in omnimover style vehicles to stop a criminal known as "Prince Paradox" from meddling with time. Live through some of mankind's greatest accomplishments (and failures) in this ride, which can reuse many of the sets of the original attraction. The new ride will be both education, as the narrator gives brief descriptions of historical events and their impacts,, and entertaining​

FigmentPigments

Prompt 5

-Scenario-

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Bonus-

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

Our Spaceship Earth
One thing that has always bothered me about Spaceship Earth is the lack of a link between the name and the ride featuring communication housed inside it, and that is why a new ride will be installed inside Spaceship Earth to better reflect the meaning of the name while at the same time giving guests a glimpse at what the rest of the park is about.

Unlike it's predecessor (moved to a different area of the park), this ride will take guests through the scenes in stead of bypassing them as passive observers (showcasing that this affects us all) and will engage the guests in life-like animontronics, sensory experiences that will engage the mind and imagination, and will climax with a gorgeous montage of the heroes of today (around the world) working hard for a better future for all and inspirational quotes by George Orwell and Adlai Stevenson.

Guests boarding this new ride will explore the areas of communication, science, land, sea, imagination, cultures, and space in an effort to highlight that we must all work together, no matter who we are and where we're from, and put our talents towards protecting our one and only home, our Spaceship Earth.

131dc061841098761f4baf7b6e97df9d.jpg

Bonus: While this version of the ride would work well at Epcot since guests can then travel to each separate pavilion to learn more about what was just touched upon in the ride, different variations of this ride would need to be produced for Tokyo, Shanghai, and Paris (in their corresponding languages) to better connect with their guests, although the message of this ride would still resonate no matter where it would be duplicated at.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Beyond the Infinite

Loosely inspired by the Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite sequence of 2001: A Space Odyssey you and your fellow passengers will travel away from earth and into the unknown universe. A cosmic dark ride soaring through interstellar space, you will travel throughout the Milky Way Galaxy, through an asteroid field, on a quest for knowledge of the known universe. The finale of the attraction will be traveling through a wormhole to an alternate universe, where you can see into your future and build a better tomorrow on earth.

Magic Feather

Spaceship Earth
image.jpeg

This update will truly bring back a unique sense of wonder to this new attraction, with simple updates that will greatly enhance the experience. First off, a new omnimover vehicle will be made, that will rotate, and pivot to focus on specific events, along with animatronic repositioning, so that guests also are involved, such as recieving a greek lecture. Lastly, the descent will be renivated with demonstrations of microtechnology, and how it could affect communications, such as holographic technology.

Bonus: In Disneyland Resort, the soon to be built WESTCOT will feature this renovated spaceship earth.

tcool123

Spaceship Earth with the Stars

2.png

Nothing has changed except for the narration is done by a cool and hip celebrity that changes every scene, and above are just some of the celebrities you may hear on your journey. While riding on the screen all their social media platforms will come up, and you will be encouraged to follow them. This new experience will be a low key lit turnt hit for that hard to understand demographic : teens! So as they say nowadays: Ketchup me outie, whata think that!

---

This ride experience can be created anywhere : new narration for the Haunted Mansion, it's a small world, World of Color, Wishes, and virtually any ride you want to attract these teens just throw in those SnapperChatter taker celebs! :cool:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, the reviews are gonna be posted a little late tomorrow afternoon. I have an idea I wanna do with them that I think will be neat if I can make it work. I'll post the next project tonight though I'm case you wanna get started. If anyone wants to submit for the Spaceship Earth prompt and hasn't yet, feel free to submit up until I start posting reviews.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 6
The Suite Life

latest

-Scenario-
We've been making some nice changes to Walt Disney World together! All this new stuff is going to bring a lot of new people to the parks! So, I think they're gonna need somewhere new to stay.

nighttime-exterior.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to create a new hotel. It can go anywhere you want on Disney World property.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Sunday, February 12th

Also, you can not demolish or retheme any existing hotels. This has to be a new build.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your hotel to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

-tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom