One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, we are only one week out! The first real prompt will be posted Friday the 13th.

This really is a competition anyone can join:

Are you new here? This is a fantastic first competition as it is relatively simple and you can join at any time!

Have you been around a while? This competition offers a different kind of challenge. Express a lot with a little. You don't have paragraphs or websites or videos or anything like that. Just 1 to 5 sentences.

Do you not have time for a competition? This one is low commitment and you can join in at any time or drop out at any time. You might gal behind in overall points, but the competition is focused on fun more than competitiveness.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
hqdefault.jpg

Sephirenn

The Pavilion of Power

aerial-view-of-doughnut-640x427.jpg

Built similarly to the multi-attraction Wonders of Life or The Land Pavilions, the Pavilion of Power is a uniquely themed building which includes space to wander around in, as well as a couple of short but exciting educational attractions related to energy.

98MtR2K.png

1) Tomorrow's Universe of Energy: An leisurely, exciting dark ride (with vehicles similar to MK's Pooh) through the history and far future of power generation, narrated by Ellen and Bill Nye!

2) Solar Circle: Located outdoors in the middle of the building, this interactive experience lets guests tinker with solar panels and get first-hand experience at powering (electronics) with actual sunlight!

3) Bunnyburrow Bikes: These re-purposed bicycles from the old Wonders of Life Pavilion allow guests to power their own television flat screens by pedaling and traveling through the city of Zootopia while learning about generators.

4) Subaquatic: Enjoy a short film about the new technology being used to generate power in our oceans, and then descend (think Jurassic World) as you and the rest of the theater patrons look through aquarium windows to see these new technologies in action.

Sephirenn

That was my first shot at a submission after lurking for a while on these forums :) I like this comp as I wanted to add so much more detail to this, but the rules made me trim it down and only focus on the main point. Plus I feel like I can get away with using Paint in this competition instead of trying to learn to use AutoCAD or something for ride blueprints.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That was my first shot at a submission after lurking for a while on these forums :) I like this comp as I wanted to add so much more detail to this, but the rules made me trim it down and only focus on the main point. Plus I feel like I can get away with using Paint in this competition instead of trying to learn to use AutoCAD or something for ride blueprints.
Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what you can do!

spacemt354

Chili's
Welcome! Glad you joined!:)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Pavilion of Power

aerial-view-of-doughnut-640x427.jpg

Built similarly to the multi-attraction Wonders of Life or The Land Pavilions, the Pavilion of Power is a uniquely themed building which includes space to wander around in, as well as a couple of short but exciting educational attractions related to energy.

98MtR2K.png

1) Tomorrow's Universe of Energy: An leisurely, exciting dark ride (with vehicles similar to MK's Pooh) through the history and far future of power generation, narrated by Ellen and Bill Nye!

2) Solar Circle: Located outdoors in the middle of the building, this interactive experience lets guests tinker with solar panels and get first-hand experience at powering (electronics) with actual sunlight!

3) Bunnyburrow Bikes: These re-purposed bicycles from the old Wonders of Life Pavilion allow guests to power their own television flat screens by pedaling and traveling through the city of Zootopia while learning about generators.

4) Subaquatic: Enjoy a short film about the new technology being used to generate power in our oceans, and then descend (think Jurassic World) as you and the rest of the theater patrons look through aquarium windows to see these new technologies in action.
Review of Practice Prompt

I like this! I like the idea of replacing an attraction with a similar attraction. And the donut shapes building with interactive solar panel stuff in the center is a great idea. The Subaquatic seems like it much be a bit redundant with Living Seas in the same park but a cool idea.

My only complaints: I love Bill Nye and Ellen, but it might be smart to have new hosts or at least a new name to differentiate the ride. Also, I love the idea of using the Winnie the Pooh ride system for a newer smaller scale ride, but I would've liked more time spent describing what exactly the new ride is since that would be the main draw to the pavilion and less time spent describing things like the bikes and solar panels.

Overall a great first post here with only some small notes! I can't wait to see what you do when the competition starts!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Welcome, Armchair Imagineers, to Episode 1 of Season 3 of the One Sentence Competition!

MZ6umKG.jpg

I would like to start by thanking all the previous hosts: @Turtle who started this competition and hosted season 1 and @tcool123 , @spacemt354 and @David2319 who all hosted episodes of season 2.

I truly honored and excited to be kicking off Season 3! In previous episodes this competition has involved rewriting history, traveling around the globe, and so much more. This season's theme will be...

back to basics

All the prompts will be centered more or less in present day in Walt Disney World, but don't worry. I've tried to make prompts that will be fresh and interesting while still staying close to home. Getting back to the basics of this contest and what made it great at its start while also not losing all the great traits it has gained along the way. A return to the old without forgetting the new.

Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans. This is a competition for everyone. All are welcome. Details are below and the first prompt will be posted shortly! Feel free to ask any questions you have!

Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome to Season 3 of the One Sentence Competition!
swbKuGu.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition. There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved. You can drop in or drop out at anytime and most prompts should not take very long.

I'm your host for episode 1 which will have about 10 prompts over roughly a month and a half. Each prompt will involve some sort of imagineering chanllenge. Some examples from the last episode was to replace the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto in Shanghai Disneyland with something a bit less underwhelming or to add a Haunted Mansion mini-land around the ride in Disneyland Paris. This episode will be similar, but focused on Walt Disney World.

This competition is built on simplicity. Your responses can only be 1-5 sentences long and can only include up to 2 pictures. No videos or websites. Plus there will be a bonus on each prompt that you can use an additional 1-2 sentences to respond to. The bonus is mostly for fun, but if two responses are equally good, the bonus will be used as a tie breaker.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Whoever has the most points at the end of the episode gets first dibs on hosting episode 2 of season 3 (if they want to).

The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time. Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans. A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins Friday the 13th (01/13/17).

I'll periodically be posting one or two practice prompts between now and then just for fun and to make sure everyone understands the format.

If you're interested, give me a "woohoo!" (Or just say "I'm in" or whatever if you don't feel like shouting lol)​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 1
Streets Ahead

streets_ahead.jpg

-Scenario-
What better place to start this competition than at the start of the Magic Kingdom! Main Street U.S.A. is the perhaps the only land every single guest of the Magic Kingdom travels through. It's the first thing you see when you enter the park and the last thing you see when you leave. It is truly iconic. Main Street is also the only land in the park without an attraction. Maybe adding an attraction could make Main Street U.S.A. even more Streets Ahead than it already is.

Disneys-Main-Street-U.S.A.-Disney-Magic-Kingdom-Walt-Disney-World-WDW-Orlando-Florida-FL.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to add the first real attraction to Main Steet U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. It can be a ride, a show, a walkthrough, a mini-land, whatever you can come up with.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures. The deadline will be at 7 PM on Tuesday 1/17/17 (an extra day so as to not conflict with the Creator Games).

Also, you can not close the Emporium, the train station, Crystal Palace, Casey's, the Mickey meet & Great, or the Starbucks.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1-2 additional sentences to describe where you would add a clone of your attraction to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

spacemt354

Chili's
New Walt Disney - One Man's Dream

With the expansions and renovations at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Walt Disney One Man's Dream seems to be squeezed in an area it no longer fits, and that is why we will be moving it to Main Street U.S.A. and "plussing" it to fit its new home. The location we will use is the new backstage route for Wishes which was built in 2015 to handle capacity crowds exiting the park.

bypass_after.png

It will be an extension of Main Street U.S.A. with similar facades, yet moreso resembling Walt's home town of Marceline, MO - to fit the facade of the new One Man's Dream attraction.

disneymarceline.jpg

In the attraction, which will be a walk-through and theater film, you will see an expanded array of plans on Walt's vision for Mickey Mouse, Disneyland, and ultimately, how WDW was designed, ending with a theater show on the vision for WDW into the future.

Overall, this new One Man's Dream attraction will have an appropriately themed facade, and a new emphasis on theme park design, which is fitting being in WDW's first theme park.

For a clone - this attraction could be placed in Disneyland on their Main Street, USA - however given the size limitations, it could also fit in Hollywood Blvd in DCA with a similar facade that is seen currently at DHS.

Sephirenn

Press Release for Immediate Distribution

OSC Corp. has determined that in order to add a new attraction to Main Street U.S.A. with a moderate budget and as little disruption to the area as possible, the exciting new attraction will take the place of the Main Street Confectionery (using the same building) with the addition of a 2nd story walkway which will drop guests off inside the Town Square Theater.

One Mouse's Wanderings

sAhumfv.png

Based loosely on the SNES's "Mickey Mania", "One Mouse's Wanderings" is an exciting walk-through exhibit which allows guests to interact with and experience the classic and modern animation adventures of that famous little mouse we all love.

uFVzMJy.png

Each scene inside the attraction represents one of Mickey's past adventures and contains multiple props, color schemes, and interactive elements; guests will find themselves wandering through:

-Steamboat Willie (1928)
-Lonesome Ghosts (1937)
-Fantasia (1940)
-Mickey and the Beanstalk (1947)
-The Prince and the Pauper (1990)
-Get a Horse (2013)

At the end of the attraction WDW cast members stand at the ready to hand out one of six free stickers based on which adventure the guest liked best. Guests exit the exhibit directly into the Town Square theater where they can queue right up for the amazing Mickey Mouse Meet N' Greet!

Bonus (forgot this originally, if adding is not allowed please do not count it)
One other location to put this exhibit in would be as a small new extension as a part of the Disney Animation Building in DCA. A new building addition (still accessed from inside the building) would be added behind to take place place of the current parking lot and storage back there.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Press Release for Immediate Distribution

OSC Corp. has determined that in order to add a new attraction to Main Street U.S.A. with a moderate budget and as little disruption to the area as possible, the exciting new attraction will take the place of the Main Street Confectionery (using the same building) with the addition of a 2nd story walkway which will drop guests off inside the Town Square Theater.

One Mouse's Wanderings

sAhumfv.png

Based loosely on the SNES's "Mickey Mania", "One Mouse's Wanderings" is an exciting walk-through exhibit which allows guests to interact with and experience the classic and modern animation adventures of that famous little mouse we all love.

uFVzMJy.png

Each scene inside the attraction represents one of Mickey's past adventures and contains multiple props, color schemes, and interactive elements; guests will find themselves wandering through:

-Steamboat Willie (1928)
-Lonesome Ghosts (1937)
-Fantasia (1940)
-Mickey and the Beanstalk (1947)
-The Prince and the Pauper (1990)
-Get a Horse (2013)

At the end of the attraction WDW cast members stand at the ready to hand out one of six free stickers based on which adventure the guest liked best. Guests exit the exhibit directly into the Town Square theater where they can queue right up for the amazing Mickey Mouse Meet N' Greet!
Very nice concept!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom