One Sentence Competition Retrospectives on Past Seasons

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Also I got inspired, next 1 sentence competition I'm gonna make all the prompts related to Steps in Time somehow, get hyped.
YES! Please do that!!

Also, little tease of my video since ya brought up steps in time I might as well shamelessly plug!

1601517664243.png

Another mega answer thing cause why not
(also I guess consider the mickey is missing edit I made as my sign up meme)

Rock'n Rollercoaster will be rethemed to Herbie the Love Bug's race, thus making the spot a mini-land themed to racing.

Disney's World of Music with lands based on Rock (that also fills as a mini villains land), Classical (filled with giant pianos and other instruments), Country (a Frontierland-esque land with a hoedown area), Jazz (a city street similar to New Orleans Square at Disneyland), and Pop (a colorful candyland).

Discoveryland theater gets replaced with a brand new 4D theater show that serves as a spiritual successor to the old Honey I shrunk the Audience show where a professor accidentally shrinks down his visitors and they have to escape various things in his lab
  • Herbie Rollercoaster could blend the thrill and some crazy madcap fun AND it would be an IP that kids don't usually care about so it being a thrill ride is fine. I would love to see this! And the race mini-land could be an interesting angle
  • I love World of Music so much as a concept. You found a way to make it come to live too. Plus, great chance for my dream musical mash up: Nickelback cover of Cruella De Ville for the Rock land! :p
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience is a fun show. And with the IP not exactly being a hot property or fitting into Discoveryland, going a bit more original with it was a smart move!
The Search For Mickey Mouse
3.png

Mickey Mouse has gone missing and it's up to you to find him, use your Magic Band to search for clues all across the Magic Kingdom to figure out where he went, the search ends with guests finding he was in Fantasyland where they started from and ends with a happy reunition and a special meet and greet with Mickey himself!

Magic Bands are really easy for just tapping on stuff to activate or tracking your location like a terrifying shadow government would to handle a game like this! I would love it!

I don't know, uh... Magic Bands now shoot lasers?
season 3 lasers GIF

Magic Band: Double the Magic

These new and improved Magic Bands features a small screen in the middle instead of the old mickey logo which gives more life to it and more ways to use it, like telling time and upcoming fastpasses.​

Making an upgrade Magic Band that could double as a Smart Watch (even just a simple one that only does MY Disney Experience) is such a slam dunk idea I'm shocked they never did it.

TwilightZone

YES! Please do that!!

Also, little tease of my video since ya brought up steps in time I might as well shamelessly plug!

View attachment 501857
The fun part is since it's related to steps in time, I have the option to just do the plain IPs prominently featured in it and/or use the original characters. It's a win - win!
And yes, dreams are indeed for losers, that's why I sold all of mine for a copy of the Steps in Time script which I shall begin to study every night before bed.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The fun part is since it's related to steps in time, I have the option to just do the plain IPs prominently featured in it and/or use the original characters. It's a win - win!
And yes, dreams are indeed for losers, that's why I sold all of mine for a copy of the Steps in Time script which I shall begin to study every night before bed.
Honestly yeah. There's seven different classic Disney songs and movies and/or themes there just in the soudntrack to the final version. 2 others if you added the original. Plus, the OCs. There's a lot of options for that weird show being a theme lol

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Making Magic

Using your Magic Bands, activate hidden sensors throughout the Disney parks to make a little magic, such as scanning a brick wall with a hidden Magic Band signal in the UK Pavilion to find Basil of Baker Street out on a case!
I would love that! Especially the Great Mouse Detective tie in!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1SC Retrospective
Season 5, Episode 3 - Castle Parks

enhance

Hosted by: @D Hindley
Started on: July 31st, 2020
Won by: @InspectorSpacetime

Season 5 was returned to once again to fully relaunch the game!

This episode was hosted by @D Hindley returning again. He continued to keep the game simple and charming, but added a bit more flourishes and creative twists this time.

The theme was Castle Parks! Every prompt took place in a castle park, but which one was never specified. It was up to the players to decide which castle park! Even having the option to do your projects in a dream park rather than in a real one! A lot of freedom so players could do what they like best!

The development of this season was a bit unusual.

I had teased a vague something with a post that just said "1" and came back to post "1" or a Pitch Meeting meme or something like that. It was to just goof off there with things related to the 1 sentence comp but acting like it was a big mysterious secret. My plan was to start after a couple people were eliminated from SYWTBAI on August 1st. What I didn't know is that I wasn't the only one with secret plans.

The day before I was gonna post an actual announcement, @D Hindley noticed my "1" meme/teaser thread and messaged me. He had his own full episode planned out already too! So, we talked with each other, bounced ideas of each other, shared our plans and suggested changes. His Episode felt like a perfect cap off to Season 5 and great way to smoothly bring the game back in a fun and simple way. Whereas mine worked better as a start to a new season and good expansion on what he was doing. So, we agreed he should go first, but with some ideas to get involved with each other's episodes a bit.

Once again, these prompts were all 1 Sentence and 1 Picture. @D Hindley was originally planning to start adding in 1 sentence bonuses half way into the season to slowly expand the game as it goes, but we worked out something a little different because of the behind the scenes shenanigans where we were helping give each other feedback. I'd prank his episode by adding bonuses, and (details are still being figured out so it might be a little different) he'd prank my episode too! But practically speaking, this didn't really change anything from his original plan. The bonuses still started about half way through. And mostly they were the ones D already had planned out. Biggest change was that I reviewed the bonuses so he just had to focus on the main prompts.

Again, the key was simplicity and fun prompts. There was some twists like extra bonuses for the finale or the Fastpass round where it was a bit longer, but had multiple very small scale prompts going at the same time. But even the twists were kept simple and light-hearted.

I could go on longer talking about details from this season, but considering this was only from about a month ago, most of you reading this played this season! It brought @D Hindley trademark comedy/creativity and kept things very concentrated to a small scope.

This Episode shows how often the most important part of the One Sentence Competition is having fun with a great community. And that is definitely being kept in mind as we head into the future.

Check out the 3rd Episode of the 5th Season here!

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at my favorite prompt from Season 5, Episode 3!

"CHALLENGE 9: Write a Jungle Cruise Joke"

@D Hindley if you have any thoughts, insight, or memories you wanna share about hosting this episode I'd love to hear it!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1SC Retrospective

enhance

This episode was hosted by @D Hindley returning again. He continued to keep the game simple and charming, but added a bit more flourishes and creative twists this time.

The theme was Castle Parks! Every prompt took place in a castle park, but which one was never specified. It was up to the players to decide which castle park! Even having the option to do your projects in a dream park rather than in a real one! A lot of freedom so players could do what they like best!

I had teased a vague something with a post that just said "1" and came back to post "1" or a Pitch Meeting meme or something like that. It was to just goof off there with things related to the 1 sentence comp but acting like it was a big mysterious secret. My plan was to start after a couple people were eliminated from SYWTBAI on August 1st. What I didn't know is that I wasn't the only one with secret plans.

The day before I was gonna post an actual announcement, @D Hindley noticed my "1" meme/teaser thread and messaged me. He had his own full episode planned out already too! So, we talked with each other, bounced ideas of each other, shared our plans and suggested changes. His Episode felt like a perfect cap off to Season 5 and great way to smoothly bring the game back in a fun and simple way. Whereas mine worked better as a start to a new season and good expansion on what he was doing. So, we agreed he should go first, but with some ideas to get involved with each other's episodes a bit.

Once again, these prompts were all 1 Sentence and 1 Picture. @D Hindley was originally planning to start adding in 1 sentence bonuses half way into the season to slowly expand the game as it goes, but we worked out something a little different because of the behind the scenes shenanigans where we were helping give each other feedback. I'd prank his episode by adding bonuses, and (details are still being figured out so it might be a little different) he'd prank my episode too! But practically speaking, this didn't really change anything from his original plan. The bonuses still started about half way through. And mostly they were the ones D already had planned out. Biggest change was that I reviewed the bonuses so he just had to focus on the main prompts.

Again, the key was simplicity and fun prompts. There was some twists like extra bonuses for the finale or the Fastpass round where it was a bit longer, but had multiple very small scale prompts going at the same time. But even the twists were kept simple and light-hearted.

I could go on longer talking about details from this season, but considering this was only from about a month ago, most of you reading this played this season! It brought @D Hindley trademark comedy/creativity and kept things very concentrated to a small scope.

This Episode shows how often the most important part of the One Sentence Competition is having fun with a great community. And that is definitely being kept in mind as we head into the future.

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at my favorite prompt from Season 5, Episode 3!

@D Hindley if you have any thoughts, insight, or memories you wanna share about hosting this episode I'd love to hear it!
Also, with this we are done with retrospectives! The new Season begins at midnight!

D Hulk

Nope.

Oh, okay!

Pi’s retrospectives are so excellent and thorough there’s really not much to add. I’ve always loved the One Sentence Competition for its fun, simplicity and accessibility. We saw a ton of newer players make their marks in this last episode, including @InspectorSpacetime, @b-wolf95 & @1HAPPYGHOSTHOST.

I am beyond excited for the start of One Sentence Competition Season Six tonight!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Pi’s retrospectives are so excellent and thorough there’s really not much to add. I’ve always loved the One Sentence Competition for its fun, simplicity and accessibility. We saw a ton of newer players make their marks in this last episode, including @InspectorSpacetime, @b-wolf95 & @1HAPPYGHOSTHOST.

I am beyond excited for the start of One Sentence Competition Season Six tonight!
Aw shucks, gonna make me blush!

Can't wait to see how all these new players continue to grow!

TwilightZone

1SC Retrospective

enhance

You know that group of elephants once went ape over peanuts but stopped because they realized that was the wrong species.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom