One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light - The Game Has Begun!

OSUPhantom

--- Progress City ---

Progress City Logo.png

Taking the place of the long dormant Wonders of Life Pavilion; Progress City is an immersive and interactive walk through attraction paying tribute to how technology has connected us to create new possibilities for innovation and progress. A blended spiritual successor to both Horizons and Adventures Thru Inner Space with a tribute to the original concept of Epcot; Progress City invites guests to shrink down to the size of atoms and see how the small building blocks of our world can grow to become big and new ideas taking us from the early days of man mastering fire to the modern electric grids and circuits that connect the world. The walkthrough features visually interesting displays and interactive elements that inspires guests to imagine how something small can become the next big idea.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bonus: Seasonally around May the Fourth, the walkthrough will include an additional exhibit highlighting the technology, both real and fantastical, of Star Wars.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 782614Epcot Experience
Welcome back to the fourth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer, @OSUPhantom, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. It lands on Epcot!

Since the beginning, Epcot was centered around the optimism of both the future and the education of the past. This concept has been followed through in countless ways throughout the years, whether it be in rides like Spaceship Earth or even small activities in festivals. However, with additions of ip like frozen, gotg, and remy, Disney has strayed away from its age-defying original ideals of edutainment. There are many ways to bring this concept back to life, but one way that hasn’t been utilized much nowadays (except Moana)- walkthrough exhibits.
View attachment 782612
View attachment 782613

-Challenge-
Pitch a new educational walkthrough exhibit for EPCOT.

-Rules-
  • Align the exhibit with the surrounding area’s theme- you can create new pavilions if you want​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, Star Wars Day at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: May the Force Be With You
Add a short seasonal Star Wars overlay for your exhibit. It can be as crazy as you want, it won’t effect your main submission. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.

Do or do not. There is no try.
Edere: A Taste of Space
Space Pavilion, World Discovery

210430132153-01-space-food-history.jpg

The Space Pavilion will welcome Edere: A Taste of Space, a new walkthrough experience that explores the history of food and farming in space. This self-guided experience at the Centauri Space Station will have state-of-the-art, life-sized dioramas of food-related events in space (from the sneaking in of a contraband corned beef sandwich to the growth of plant life aboard the International Space Station) and even showcase on-loan artifacts from various space missions around the world. Instead of exiting through a gift shop, guests will exit through the Space 220 Restaurant, where they can enjoy new otherworldly delights and a stunning view of Earth before descending back down through the Stellarvators

Bonus

vnlfq7zsexwy.png

For the first Season of the Force activation at EPCOT, the walkthrough will temporarily welcome a recreation of the Cloud City dining room as seen in The Empire Strikes Back to officially answer the question, "What did Vader serve during that fateful dinner?"

AceAstro

The Hedge Maze

1714871343052.png

Located Between The Land and Imagination, guests can find a new Hedge Maze. Throughout the maze, guests can find it full of fun facts and signages about Hedge Mazes, what it takes to grow the hedges the right way, and more to learn all about horticulture, more up close than you see on Living With the Land.

Bonus: Luke's Curious Labyrinth

1714871472341.png

For May the 4th, The new Hedge Maze gets transformed with various statues and plywood cutouts of Star Wars characters to turn it into a cheaper, quicker, version of Alice's Curious Labyrinth seen at DLP.​

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The Hedge Maze

View attachment 783210

Located Between The Land and Imagination, guests can find a new Hedge Maze. Throughout the maze, guests can find it full of fun facts and signages about Hedge Mazes, what it takes to grow the hedges the right way, and more to learn all about horticulture, more up close than you see on Living With the Land.

Bonus: Luke's Curious Labyrinth

View attachment 783211

For May the 4th, The new Hedge Maze gets transformed with various statues and plywood cutouts of Star Wars characters to turn it into a cheaper, quicker, version of Alice's Curious Labyrinth seen at DLP.​
I have an idea where you got that idea from

ThemeParkPriest

View attachment 782614Epcot Experience
Welcome back to the fourth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer, @OSUPhantom, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. It lands on Epcot!

Since the beginning, Epcot was centered around the optimism of both the future and the education of the past. This concept has been followed through in countless ways throughout the years, whether it be in rides like Spaceship Earth or even small activities in festivals. However, with additions of ip like frozen, gotg, and remy, Disney has strayed away from its age-defying original ideals of edutainment. There are many ways to bring this concept back to life, but one way that hasn’t been utilized much nowadays (except Moana)- walkthrough exhibits.
View attachment 782612
View attachment 782613

-Challenge-
Pitch a new educational walkthrough exhibit for EPCOT.

-Rules-
  • Align the exhibit with the surrounding area’s theme- you can create new pavilions if you want​
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, Star Wars Day at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

BONUS: May the Force Be With You
Add a short seasonal Star Wars overlay for your exhibit. It can be as crazy as you want, it won’t effect your main submission. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.

Do or do not. There is no try.
Coming to Epcot (next to the old Wonders of Life pavilion) is the new walk-through exhibit about…walking! This ancient active transportation mode shows the development of roads, sidewalks, skyways, and moving walkways. The benefits of walking are also touted.

Bonus: the stride lengths of Yoda, Chewbacca, and a Storm Trooper are compared.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714892107728.png

Inside Out: Emotional Walkthrough - @Disney Warrior
First pitch and starting the prompt strong! With the introduction of Inside Out 2 ready to capitalize on the animation industry, it makes sense for Disney to pour an attraction on the characters ASAP, and your pitch for how to do it nailed it (along with the WoL pavilion making the area a general blast). Inside Out was also genius when it came to understanding mental health and emotions personified and being able to interact with them on a physical level is just powerful. I’m most excited to see Anger’s fiery red section suddenly burst into fake flames (and imagine that animatronic…)

+1 Bonus - Mouse House Capitalism

Odyssey - @imagineer97

That was a mouthful of a title to swallow! The Odyssey Center is easily the most forgettable, generic, and outdated of buildings in the park, and bringing ironically creating a multi-part attraction matching its name based on one of the best works of ancient literature is a complete win in my books. The greek mythos (aside from the overused Atlantis) is one of the most underutilized public ips that deserve any kind of attraction. It sounds really cool to invite scholars to help with the creation, making the attraction close the source and giving Scylla and Charybdis a chance to shine, all in miniature form. Fine work!

+1 Bonus - Who invited Legoland here? (Festival of the Force lmao)

World Celebration Animatronic Exhibit - @Lord Fozzinator
WOW! Each pitch just gets better and better it’s going to be hard for me to pick a winner. This is a pitch designed to make me giddy, and I love it. An exhibit of animatronics throughout the years? An ANIMATRONIC WALT DISNEY? Consider yourself in the top three already. Throw that in with an animatronic Mickey, I also hope to see some animatronics like Rod Serling or Remy from the previous prompt thrown in. This is truly a celebration of Imagineering and the innovation of technology, and I’m so proud you pitched this.

+1 Bonus - Higher Ground fr

Down to Earth - @Brer Panther

Journey to the center of the Earth- just not in Japan! I love the potential of walking down, perhaps horizontally, into the Earth’s different layers of a world beneath the Land pavilion, which the inclusion of the attraction itself is just very ironic. I love the idea of gophers poking their heads, with other creatures, around you and telling you things instead of signs, making you listen to the world around you to learn, while making it a very calm and self-reflecting tour into the Earth. I plan on buying some mole plushies, see you there!

+1 Bonus - SYNERGY

Under the Land and Sea - @Tony the Tigger
Can’t tell if this was intentional or not but the similarities between yours and Brer’s pitch are so similar it feels like that Spiderman meme all over again. I think the main difference that sets both apart in great ways is that Brer’s is about a fun walk down with cute animals, yours has a much more edutainment aspect to it that truly teaches you about the world under the Earth in touches of pure realism. I also love the placement of the ride as the fork truly gently makes it a source of adventure, where you can “travel” the land and seas through the tunnels. Beautiful craft!

+1 Bonus - Gimme Villian por favor

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714892246161.png

The Cycle of the Harvest - @Disney-Universal Fanboy
Very interesting concept- in a way, a bug’s life contains a few undertones of conservation, the cycle of life, and harvest, which in some ways fit the Land pavilion. Overall it’s pretty interesting to see how this concept would play out, and it would definitely feel like a revival of the Bug’s Land in some ways, which could act as a pretty chill D-zone walkthrough exhibit. A small short film theater with custom cartoons sounds really cool as Bug’s Life is pretty underrated and the ability to chill in the AC for a short while. The IP exhibit you mentioned before this is 100% Disney- cmon-

+1 Bonus - I AM YOUR FATHER

Japan: Visions - @Disney Dad 3000

This is… both gorgeous and visionary. I am in awe of how you’ve managed to develop such a peaceful and reflective setting transitioning to a chaotic futurist ambience that already exists within the land. I love the absolute zen that comes from this quiet D-zone lake area, and I just so need a place full of natural foliage and bamboo in Epcot. Each step of the adventure just adds so much power to an already great pavilion, and the small bit of “questioning their life choices” made me smile- perhaps that will happen when my bank account evaporates after sending all my money to Disney to make this. Great mini concept art too!

+1 Bonus - スターウォーズがトップに

Disney and Coke: Match made in time - @Miru

Truly a perfect engagement- two power-hungry corporate moneymaking brands in an affair, dancing among the middle class and inflating the economy. The simple concept of expanding Club Cool to make it an even more in-depth walkthrough is fun, now a museum flexing how the two companies were able to dominate the media and drinks industry for such a long time- together.

+1 Bonus - Overpriced Themed Coke Rules

Jack Skellington’s Holiday Hall - @Evilgidgit

Oooh, a festive walkthrough! First impressions, what popped into my mind after reading this was that it reminded me both of Holidayz in Hell (the Scare Maze), and the team project on a winter holidays/traditions exhibit that I believe came from SYWTBAI20. Jack Skellington leading the attraction is really delightful, as he definitely needs more year-round representation in the parks. Seeing Zero in clover-lead green is so goofy and charming that it really brings the party of festivity of the attraction alive.

+1 Bonus - Star Wars-ween ToT

Essential Elements - @WaltWiz1901

Water. Earth. Wood. Metal. Fire. Long ago, the five nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Sorcerer's apprentice, master of all five elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. On all seriousness and out of the realm of A:TLA, this dive into the four five elements is really well done as an exhibit, each element a unique experience for playing, exploring, and learning. Putting it between Land and Sea truly defines the Yin and Yang balance of the two natural forces. Nice!

+1 Bonus - I don’t like sand

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714892396802.png

Exoplanets - @Solaris Knight
This concept is really unique and unexpected for this pitch- but as soon as you pitched this, it felt so Epcot-y and such a good addition for the Space pavilion that it was a love at first sight. An exploration of habitable planets outside of Earth, and learning about their contrasts is such a great thing to learn and know about, especially while escaping the Florida sun for the cool breeze of Space. The simplicity of your pitch highlights how even a good idea can be explained in a single sentence, so I applaud you for that.

+1 Bonus - Alderaan is a Goner

International Gazebo Garden - @Rock Wren
CONCEPT ART! AGAIN! Your pitch continues to show your fleshed out imagineering skills, and I hope to see you joining the rest of the Imagineers during the next big team competition, which should be coming this summer or fall. A Story Garden that tells the stories of the world before guests enter the World Showcase pavilions is a great way to immerse guests in the cultural significance and beauty of the world. The art installations featuring international artists is so inspirational and a touch of Disney magic. Your pitch in the grand scheme of things is already proving very hard to choose a winner for this round!

+1 Bonus - Star Wars is now a Country

Whodunnit - @Outbound

Seriously, the ideas here are so overwhelmingly creative and good, I literally do not know how to choose a winner. The culture powerhouse and renown of the idea of Whodunnit is scarily brilliant as an exhibit/interactive attraction. The idea of shining a flashlight around different areas and uncovering clues in varying levels of difficulty is pure Disney charm, with interactive features that sure are a blast. It also looks into the history of London mystery, especially considering your most horrifying mystery is about Jack the Ripper (did you know Jack the Ripper’s killing spree started and ended the same time Gandhi came and left the UK?)

+1 Bonus - Star Destroyer coming to destory Earth with its infestation of rebels

Progress City - @OSUPhantom

Why
The
Heck
Are
All
The
Pitches
So
Good
Innovation of technology, custom logo, artistic idea of minaturization and big ideas… I have nothing more to say.

+1 Bonus - Lightsabersss

Edere: a Taste of Space - @montydysquith-navarro

Unqiue foodie stories? A showing of the most antagonized subjects on food? Seriously? Are you guys killing this or what? I love the futuristic blending of space and food to make an exhibit that’s a surefire success- walking straight onto Space 220. I literally have almost no words to say for the rest of the competitors because I am going slowly insane from the chockful load of clear wins that deserve a mention constantly.
AHH

+1 Bonus - What did he serve?

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714892576561.png

The Hedge Maze - @AceAstro
Funzies! Just like Fozzinator said, I have an idea where you got your idea from… hmm hmm. This blend of the art of Imagination with the beauty of Nature is a perfect balance and transition that makes it such a delight. I don’t know why but as soon as I start thinking about all of these exhibits, I feel that urge and feeling like they would exist in real life. Exemplary!

+1 Bonus - Cutouts of Greido Shot First

Walking - @ThemeParkPriest

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not, but the idea of an exhibit on walking near the WoL pavilion (I would have preferred it in front of World of Motion while Test Track was in construction) is goofily realistic, as guests can literally explore and walk like how people of different ages did on different types of sidewalk. They should make a Main Street sidewalk with one half MK and other half DL, to show that DL is better because it has brick flooring. Wow.

+1 Bonus - Chewie for the win

BEFORE I get into awards, let me tell you Armchair Imagineers that this spectrum's submissions have surprised me greatly because of how good they are. Awards are coming very soon, and the results... will be suprising

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
IMG_3544.jpeg

EVERYBODY'S A WINNER
IMG_3545.jpeg

@AceAstro @Miru @ThemeParkPriest @Disney-Universal Fanboy @WaltWiz1901 @Evilgidgit @imagineer97 @Tony the Tigger @Brer Panther

Honorable Mention goes to someone whose project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. All of these pitches were great and deserve an Honorable Mention for exceeding my initial expectations. Brilliant new ideas were made!

IMG_3546.jpeg

@Disney Warrior @Lord Fozzinator @montydysquith-navarro @OSUPhantom

Simple yet realistically fun ideas executed neatly- surpassing my emotions, movement, taste buds, or vision.

IMG_3547.jpeg

@Outbound @Rock Wren @Solaris Knight

Excellent ideas, whether it came from a stunning interactivity feature, a powerful set of concept art, or an imaginative idea.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Japan: Visions by @Disney Dad 3000

From peace to chaos, this pitch stood out on the top as the most powerful one of all- the one I would be spending all money on.

as the winner of SPECTRUM 4 @Disney Dad 3000 will choose the prompt for the next spectrum. Everybody's a winner- don't forget that!

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I’ll take it, I’ll take it. Didn’t get in any place until the very end with the last one. Also @AceAstro does Project Gemini ring any bells. Also HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

the similarities between yours and Brer’s pitch are so similar

We were even typing them at the exact same time. As I was typing, I saw that little notification pop up that says something like, “More posts have been added, would you like to view now?”

Then I hit post and it was pretty wild when I saw the previous one!!

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714932743354.png

Universal Upgrades
Welcome back to the fifth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer, @Disney Dad 3000, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. It escapes the Disney Parks and floats to the rising Universal Parks…

Lately, the Disney-Universal war has been cranking up, especially with the additions of Epic Universe prepared to destroy WDW. Universal has begun to use Disney‘s age-old formulas that have been forgotten by their capitalism and have seen major success. A newer concept picked up has been character restaurants, like the Chocolate Emporium (there are some older ones, but they’re just plain bad). Easily, there’s space for Uni to just do another.

1714933532132.jpeg

1714933595915.jpeg

-Challenge-
Pitch a new character restaurant for the Universal Parks

-Rules-
  • Any Universal owned property is ok- you can build in Citywalk​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Thursday, May 9 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

BONUS: Fun Food
Add a fun themed dessert option to the menu. pictures highly encouraged! You can use up to one extra sentence and image.

The winner of this round will make the most important decision in the game. Good luck!

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
View attachment 783315
Universal Upgrades
Welcome back to the fifth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer, @Disney Dad 3000, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. It escapes the Disney Parks and floats to the rising Universal Parks…

Lately, the Disney-Universal war has been cranking up, especially with the additions of Epic Universe prepared to destroy WDW. Universal has begun to use Disney‘s age-old formulas that have been forgotten by their capitalism and have seen major success. A newer concept picked up has been character restaurants, like the Chocolate Emporium (there are some older ones, but they’re just plain bad). Easily, there’s space for Uni to just do another.

View attachment 783320

View attachment 783321
-Challenge-
Pitch a new character restaurant for the Universal Parks

-Rules-
  • Any Universal owned property is ok- you can build in Citywalk​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Thursday, May 9 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

BONUS: Fun Food
Add a fun themed desert option to the menu. pictures highly encouraged! You can use up to one extra sentence and image.

We feast!
Oh my goodness I literally have the perfect IP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom