One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI

Rock Wren

Doppelgängers of Hollywood

Dingin room.jpg

An old Hollywood glam Italian steakhouse establishment built outside the gates of Universal Studios Orlando hosts a rotating cast of celebrity look-likes who mingle with the guests. While traditional meetings of the characters may happen table-side, more casual encounters occur like running into a celebrity or two as you wait for a table.

BONUS: A signature dessert is cookies and cupcakes topped with the faces of celebrities.
oscar-cupcakes.jpg

OSUPhantom

The Amity Harbor Inn

seafood-shanty.jpg

The only thing better than the introduction of a new IP with an iconic dining experience is the reintroduction of a beloved classic IP with an iconic dining experience that pays tribute to a beloved lost attraction. The Amity Harbor Inn served as Jaws’ return to the Universal Orlando resort bringing the charming New England inspired scenes of Amity Island and a local restaurant playing up the shark sighting rumors to attract more guests to enjoy its seafood focused menu. This experience really signs with the staff; each member trained to improv their lives and experiences as Amity Island resides the occasional appearances from characters from the movie (keep an eye on the harbor waters next to the patio for the biggest star).

images.jpg

Bonus

Continuing to play up on the shark hysteria, the restaurant has introduced a special shark attack ice cream Sundae; three scoops with a hearty helping of “debris” toppings and yes some probably in poor taste strawberry syrups.

Poor Brer fox…

Also @Architectural Guinea Pig i forgot to mention this in my prompt but the restaurant would be super advanced, like there would be a E.T. Spaceship in the restaurant that would open up for more dining space if the restaurant got busy. Also there would be a jaws Attack that would eat some props and swim through the floor (a fin would pop out) before he would try to eat a table (on the opposite side so you can still get to the bathroom)

Outbound

4 Privet Drive

1715295380240.png

Keen eyes may spot a small, conspicuously-normal looking house just between Diagon Alley main facade and World Expo; although why anyone would check out a normal British house next to the rest of the magical Wizarding World is beyond me. If you did, you'll enter the pristinely-kept home of Mr. & Mrs. Dursley, and their charming son Dudley, for whose 11-year-old birthday they’re hosting a dinner gala for the public to enjoy, with the Dursleys traveling as a group feigning smalltalk.

Compared to the magic nextdoor, this is a much "normaler" affair - - dont expect anyone too rowdy, but if you come at the "0:07" of every hour, and you may be in for a surprise!

BONUS: ENGLISH LARDY CAKE

1715296627046.png

Sunday brings Aunt Maude, and with it, a specialty menu including Lardy Cake, a half-pastry/half-bread with raisins and spice.​

Last edited:
4 Privet Drive

View attachment 784502

Keen eyes may spot a small, conspicuously-normal looking house just between Diagon Alley main facade and World Expo; although why anyone would check out a normal British house next to the rest of the magical Wizarding World is beyond me. If you did, you'll enter the pristinely-kept home of Mr. & Mrs. Dursley, and their charming son Dudley, whose 11-year-old birthday they are hosting birthday gala for the public to enjoy, with the Dursleys travel as a group feigning smalltalk.

Compared to the magic nextdoor, this is a much "normaler" affair - - dont expect anyone too rowdy, but if you come at the "0:07" of every hour, and you may be in for a surprise!

BONUS: ENGLISH LARDY CAKE

View attachment 784506

Sunday brings Aunt Maude, and with it, a specialty menu including Lardy Cake, a half-pastry/half-bread with raisins and spice.​
Very clever idea @Outbound! The bonus tho, Why not the cake/pavlova from the second film Chamber of Secrets?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 783315
Universal Upgrades
Welcome back to the fifth spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer, @Disney Dad 3000, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. It escapes the Disney Parks and floats to the rising Universal Parks…

Lately, the Disney-Universal war has been cranking up, especially with the additions of Epic Universe prepared to destroy WDW. Universal has begun to use Disney‘s age-old formulas that have been forgotten by their capitalism and have seen major success. A newer concept picked up has been character restaurants, like the Chocolate Emporium (there are some older ones, but they’re just plain bad). Easily, there’s space for Uni to just do another.

View attachment 783320

View attachment 783321
-Challenge-
Pitch a new character restaurant for the Universal Parks

-Rules-
  • Any Universal owned property is ok- you can build in Citywalk​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Thursday, May 9 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Fun Food
Add a fun themed dessert option to the menu. pictures highly encouraged! You can use up to one extra sentence and image.

The winner of this round will make the most important decision in the game. Good luck!
Villa Bella Donna
The Lost Continent, Universal Islands of Adventure

mamma-mia-here-we-go-again2.jpg

As part of the reimagination of The Lost Continent, the Villa Bella Donna is set to rise in the currently unused amphitheater that housed The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad stunt show. Based on the cult classic franchise of Mamma Mia!, guests will be invited to celebrate the Mediterranean myths and legends that have inspired this "island of adventure" through food, drink, and of course, music! Throughout the day, local musicians and storytellers will go around the restaurant singing about the proud legends of this place, which then will culminate in a glorious medley of ABBA classics with some of the Mamma Mia! characters dressed in their finest 80s gear.

Bonus

portokalopita-orange-phyllo-cake.jpg

The villa's signature dessert will be portokalopita or orange phyllo cake, a traditional soft, fluffy, and sweet-yet-tangy cake from the Greek Isles.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
If some of you haven’t heard. There was an incident at the citrus game thread where one of the contestants edited a presentation that wasn’t his own and I believe was banned from the forum (don’t know for sure but I am like 90% sure). That person was Disney-universal fandoy. Just if some of you were wondering if he doesn’t participate in any threads in the future.

In the Parks
No
If some of you haven’t heard. There was an incident at the citrus game thread where one of the contestants edited a presentation that wasn’t his own and I believe was banned from the forum (don’t know for sure but I am like 90% sure). That person was Disney-universal fandoy. Just if some of you were wondering if he doesn’t participate in any threads in the future.
Oof. Just read through the whole saga. I had a hunch that guy was going to be gone sooner or later. Not at all surprising.

WaltWiz1901

Oof. Just read through the whole saga. I had a hunch that guy was going to be gone sooner or later. Not at all surprising.
Being on the team who was on the receiving end of that prank (and having done the part that almost got wiped thanks to it), it couldn't have happened under the worst possible circumstances. To have our work messed with after having a whole lot of other interferences in the way was...rough

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Reviews and additional announcements will be posted tomorrow night!

Thank you for everyone's patience- I lost my internet twice recently, and balancing hosting this competition and Citrus Dreamin' has taken a lot of effort and a huge toll on my mental health. I had a short but nice break and will return strong!

cdunlap

@Lord Fozzinator, Disney-Universal Fanboy's profile is unavailable on my site and I can't @ him, so, odds are he is, in fact banned! With that in mind, I have a job to fill. You see, 2 days before the Citrus Dreamin comp began, me and Disney-Universal Fanboy were working on a little project together (it was part of MonorailRed's Disneyland 1991, if you're curious) and I would really like to continue working on it with someone else whose morals are higher than his and has a higher level of creativity beyond ”[INSERT UNBUILT CONCEPT] is built”. If any of you want to work on this project in his place, just tell me and I'll start a conversation with you containing most of me and Disney-Universal Fanboy's ideas as well as some new ideas by me. This could be me and one person or me and a whole team. Disney-Universal Fanboy was an enthusiastic co-worker but he could get very, very, very annoying at times and seemed to have an inability to see value in my concepts that he didn’t like, but somehow valued concepts of mine that fit his ideal park perfectly, so I'm very glad that I don't have to work with him anymore, and that’s not something I say often!

Last edited:

cdunlap

Being on the team who was on the receiving end of that prank (and having done the part that almost got wiped thanks to it), it couldn't have happened under the worst possible circumstances. To have our work messed with after having a whole lot of other interferences in the way was...rough
Man, I feel so sorry for you and I wish that didn’t happen to you. Hopefully, this round goes better for you and your team.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
@Lord Fozzinator, Disney-Universal Fanboy's profile is unavailable on my site and I can't @ him, so, odds are he is, in fact banned! With that in mind, I have a job to fill. You see, 2 days before the Citrus Dreamin comp began, me and Disney-Universal Fanboy were working on a little project together (it was part of MonorailRed's Disneyland 1991, if you're curious) and I would really like to continue working on it with someone else whose morals are higher than his and has a higher level of creativity beyond ”[INSERT UNBUILT CONCEPT] is built”. If any of you want to work on this project in his place, just tell me and I'll start a conversation with you containing most of me and Disney-Universal Fanboy's ideas as well as some new ideas by me. He was an enthusiastic co-worker but he could get very, very, very annoying at times and seemed to have an inability to see value in my concepts that he didn’t like, but somehow valued concepts of mine that fit his ideal park perfectly, so I'm very glad that I don't have to work with him anymore, and that’s not something I say often!
You ain’t the only one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom