One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
1705541726154.png

Miru

xgfnqgn9va901.jpg
Ach-To

Ach-To, because we can never have enough Star Wars at this point, shows us Luke’s place of seclusion and a habitat for the Porgs, which are still technically dinosaurs. The Porg petting zoo is an an animatronic experience with tactile elements, while other attractions include a Star Wars milk stand and even a dark ride through Ach-To, that takes you around the entire land.

Solaris Knight

1705694157659.png
NORTH AMERICA focuses on the natural wonders and animals that made the country so strikingly beautiful to both Natives and colonists for centuries up to the present day with a particular focus on Floridian wildlife such as armadillos, key deer, pelicans, and bobcats. All of this is augmented by e-ticket rides such as the never-built Geyser Mountain and plenty of American cuisine food trucks dotted around the ponds that call this land home
Bonus:
1705694443961.png

The beautiful and majestic wolf is one of my favorite animals and not one with a major presence in Animal Kingdom quite yet, so North America is a perfect showcase for the grey wolf native to the continent.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I know there's already an idea for North America but I still wanted to do it because I worked up an idea a while ago... here it is! I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED POST DON'T MIND THE OLD VERSION

1705714464490.png

NORTH AMERICA

Instead of the wild, desert frontier of Frontierland at the parks, Animal Kingdom defines and embraces America in a new way, at the possibility of a North America land at Animal Kingdom, featuring winding forests, challenge trails, and an all new family-friendly addition to Animal Kingdom- with the ip Gravity Falls. Replacing the current DINOSAUR ride is Gravity Rewind: Hide and Go-Seek, where upon entering a hallway behind the vending machine in the new Mystery Shack facade, guests go on a Monsters Inc. (Japan) style flashlight tag in their personal ride vehicles, saving the town by flashing light on monsters in a dark forest, with kooky animatronics, fun gags, and a final light showdown with Bill Cipher. Meanwhile, the rest of the land is dedicated to more of the natural forested beauty of North America, with Grizzly Challenge Trail, a small family coaster (unlike Expedition: Everest), and a surplus of natural American beauty.

1705714783268.png
BONUS: Adding to @Evilgidgit's Capybara exhibit in the South America land above Kali River Rapids, I propose to mix the creatures up with a group of equally friendly guinea pigs, and add a warm spa bath for them like the one in Japan.

Last edited:

AceAstro

The Ocean Below
1705717309291.png

Throughout Animal Kingdom, guests explore nature and conservation of animals and plant life of outer space (Pandora) as well as on land, and now we take them to under the water. Almost all of Dinoland (Nemo The Musical stays to tie into the area) is completely destroyed and built from scratch with the focus on touch ponds, aquariums, and large open tanks showcasing creatures that both explore land and sea throughout the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding area with the focus on the new land being the conservation of the Great Barrier Reef, and others much like it who are getting damaged and are slowly getting poorer and poorer in health causing issues for the animals and other life of the sea. A new Finding Nemo/ Dory attraction is built (allowing for The Seas to return to a non-IP ride again) showcasing the importance of these reefs around the world to characters like Nemo and what it could mean if we don't work to keep them safe.

BONUS: A large expansion included with this land is a large new Octopus enclosure showcasing all of their skills and talents, while also using it to promote Hank from Finding Dory.
1705718501047.png

ThemeParkPriest

Galapagos Land
Featuring everybody’s favorite movie about a house that is moved by a bunch of balloons (“Up”), Galapagos Land features a dark ride about the movie as well as a slow-moving scenic view of the animals from the Galapagos, including the blue-footed booby.
C1080FAC-9D38-425A-94BD-F8A768131ED7.jpeg

Bonus: I enjoy California Sea Lions, so an aquarium next to the Finding Nemo theater is coming to Animal Kingdom!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just a heads up, I'm gonna probably be an hour or so posting reviews/results and the next prompt. I do plan to still have it tonight, but ya might not want to wait up lol

I'll accept late entries as long as they are in before I start posting reviews!

Suchomimus

Valley of Ancient Beasts
Pleistocene_fauna.jpg
Replacing the terribly dated Dinoland U.S.A. is the Valley of Ancient Beasts; a reserve where the Committee for Zoology and Exploration have brought back many extinct animals from across the Cenozoic Period, spearheaded by Owen Richard. Sir Richard has made several self-contained biomes for many animals and each has its own attraction for guests to view these bizarre yet wonderous creatures. These being Journey into the Jungle; a log flume ride through steamy swamps and jungles inhabited by the likes of Titanoboa and Moertherium, Woolly Wonderland; an EMV ride through Mammoth Steppe, Diprotodon Derby; a whip ride similar to MJJ where giant wombats race around pulling carts in Aboriginal inspired painting, and Donald's Savanna Soarers; a SetPoint Swing Thing coaster similar to Canopy Flyers over Singapore, set above a savanna teaming with Indricotherium, Camelops, and many more big, unique creatures with Donald Duck as your pilot.
Bonus: My favorite amphibian is the red-eye tree frog, and they finally appear on Discovery Island as part of a new herpetarium.
1705724365051.jpeg

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Just a heads up, I'm gonna probably be an hour or so posting reviews/results and the next prompt. I do plan to still have it tonight, but ya might not want to wait up lol

I'll accept late entries as long as they are in before I start posting reviews!
You assume that I will be able to stay up. Anyway I have a strict bedtime (I’m kidding).

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You assume that I will be able to stay up. Anyway I have a strict bedtime (I’m kidding).
I'm generally in bed promptly at 7 PM every night so on review nights I fly all the way from my home in Florida to Adak Island at the Westernmost tip of Alaska so that way I'm in a timezone where the stuff is due at 6:59 PM so I don't miss my bedtime. Some might say a cup of coffee so I can stay up later would be easier than doing the 25 hour long flight there and another 25 hour long flight back every 4 days, but I like to go the extra mile as a host.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I'm generally in bed promptly at 7 PM every night so on review nights I fly all the way from my home in Florida to Adak Island at the Westernmost tip of Alaska so that way I'm in a timezone where the stuff is due at 6:59 PM so I don't miss my bedtime. Some might say a cup of coffee so I can stay up later would be easier than doing the 25 hour long flight there and another 25 hour long flight back every 4 days, but I like to go the extra mile as a host.
That sounds very complicated and there is probably an easier way to do this. But maintaining a bedtime is an important thing so, go for it buddy.

Last edited:
Arctic Exploration

shutterstock_1404271826.jpg

In the newest plan to retheme Dinoland, Disney has decided to "chill out" compared to the previous announced plans of tropical getaways and South American adventures with a trip up north to the Arctic Circle. An indoor animal exhibit brings polar bears and walruses to Central Florida, a carousel based on the scene from Frozen 2 with the circling reindeer to keep smaller kiddos entertained, and a high intensity E-ticket for thrill seekers. The E-ticket is an entirely original storyline, following the adventure group from Atlantis as Milo Thatch leads them, and us, down below the waters once again to search for a relic hidden from time, trapped in a glacier and protected by various real and mythical creatures of the deep.

Bonus: Cat cafe. I'm not going for realism I just love cats and think DAK should have a rescue based cat cafe.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CnSJFPk.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!

Arabia, an extension of the Asia continent
From the dust of the demolished Dinoland rises Arabia, anchored by an incredible real camel-riding exhibit/attraction that adds both an educational aspect and needed kinetic energy along the trails throughout the land. In place of Dinosaur, we finally build the Magic Carpet E-Ticket attraction that Aladdin deserves. To replace the Finding Nemo show (which is technically in Dinoland?? or if not, just behind it), we import and enhance the Sinbad attraction from Tokyo DisneySea's Arabian Coast, but this time, it's a THRILLING musical flume adventure WITH DROPS to further cool off those hot days at Animal Kingdom and provide an appropriate segue from the desert to the mountains of Asia proper with Everest.

View attachment 763023

Bonus: The Giant Anteater has always had a special place in my heart. If the actual expansion includes South America, I sincerely hope it is included!
View attachment 763024
First off, yes Nemo is in DinoLand. No that does not make sense but the theater has always technically been a part of the land

Anyways, onto the topic at hand. Love this idea and how out of the box it is! I don't know much about the practicalities of Camels in central Florida, but it sounds cool and the type of unique interactive experience that only Disney could do. It might seem unrealistic at first, but Disneyland used to have mule rides so it is not unprecedented. Aladdin is a good IP integration and definitely a movie that deserves an E-Ticket. Sinbad but as more of log flume is another great addition and I love the thought that went into the transition to Asia with the mountain. I really can't believe Disney has never done another log flume aside from Splash Mountain and the upcoming Tiana ride which is just a rethemed/updated splash mountain. It's such a great ride system that it boggles my mind they've never used it again! I do wish that Aladdin/Sinbad tied a bit more into DAK's theme of man's relationship with nature/natural forces, but adventures in far off locales rooted in cultural traditions fit the vibe of DAK even if it doesn't quite fit the theme fully. Plus, the Camel has the animal stuff covered lol

+1 Bonus - I thiiiiiink they actually have an ant-eater in the entrance area, but don't quote me on that
View attachment 763026
Joe let’s remember this is ANIMAL Kingdom, and instead of figuring out which of today’s hot IP we can shoehorn into the former Dinoland, how ‘bout we focus on bringing unique wildlife our visitors seldom get to see. That’s why I’m proposing LAND DOWN UNDER where we can highlight Kangaroos and Koala bears, along with Kookaburra and even a Tasmanian Devil, all in a natural atmosphere that would remind Australians of home. For those who won’t even set foot in a land unless there’s an attraction, I’d suggest an airborne adventure (imagine a ride system like Peter Pan’s Flight, updated with 21st Century technology) to bring to life the story from Rescuers Down Under, as we help Cory evade a villainous poacher bent on capturing his eagle.

BONUS: I’ve always hoped that Animal Kingdom might have an exhibit devoted to penguins.
Australia has been my personal pick for an expansion since I was like 8. There's a drawing in a drawer somewhere at my Mom's house to this day I'm sure I made of my idea for an Australia land. The focus on the natural landscape and the animal is great and helps this feel very classic DAK. Rescuers Down Under might not exactly be a hot ticket movie right now, but the idea of a suspended dark ride about saving animals from poachers in a cool environment is strong enough to stand on its own even if the IP is much more niche.

+1 Bonus - The Penguin exhibit at SeaWorld Orlando might just be the best thing they've ever built
Amazonia

This replacement for dinoland is not specifically South America but focused on one of the largest rainforests in the world, the Amazon. Outside of the thick rainforest, replacing the Nemo theater is a theater show retelling of the blue sky film rio, once we enter the rainforest we see a coaster winding through the thick trees and murky waters of the Amazon, a zip line going across the land, a flight simulator similar to soarin over the Amazon, and a jungle excursion of buggy’s to find different animals and lost ruins, this land offers several diverse and unique animal walkthroughs that showcase the exotic and tropical life of the Amazon. The land serves guests with several different ride experiences and experience that is unique to Disney and this land will showcase a part of the world that is not currently being showcased.

Bonus:
The giant squid. I am pretty sure that it is too big to fit in an aquarium.
I like the much more focused approach here instead of a full continent. The Amazon rain forest itself is strong enough to stand on its own without adding an entire quarter of the globe to it. I love the variety of experiences and the implication of them interacting. Kinetic Energy does a LOT to breathe life into a land. Plus, like you mention, this would stand out with a rain forest being unlike anything else at DAK. Rio might not exactly be a huge movie, but a simple musical would be a lot of fun and a good way to represent Blue Sky a bit instead of just burying the studio

+1 Bonus - Finally, a good use for the Rivers of Light lagoon!
Beastly Kingdom
View attachment 763034
Joe, do you remember a concept about a land themed to mythological creatures? Beastly Kingdom (slightly based on the scrapped Animal Kingdom land that got replaced by Camp Minnie-Mickey and Pandora) will be a suitable replacement for DinoLand, home to many dragons, unicorns, centaurs, minotaurs, and other mythical creatures alike, featuring rides and attractions including Dragon’s Fury (replacing Dinosaur), a speedy EMV ride where you get chased by a dragon as it flies and breathes fire; Fantastic Excursions (replacing Primeval Whirl), a calm boat ride themed to Fantasia; Mythical Maze, a hedge maze themed to mythical creatures like minotaurs and unicorns (replacing the Boneyard); Flying Unicorns (rethemed Triceratop Spin), and Onward: Live (stage show replacing Finding Nemo). Like Pandora, there are no real animals in this land, but guests can spot Audio-Animatronics of many mythological animals throughout the land.
Bonus:
It would be cool to have llamas in the Animal Kingdom if they aren’t already there.
I knew someone would do Beastly Kingdom, ya kinda gotta at least consider it anytime there's a DAK prompt. I was worried it would be just a boring "Remember Beastly Kingdom, do that" pitch. BUT you managed to breath new life to the concept and tailor it to DinoLand in a way that both honors the original vision and feels unique. Onward was an interesting pick, but one that could be a lot of fun here. This would be a great way of bringing back the lost land!

+1 Bonus - A Llama?!? He's supposed to be dead!
I didn't even know about that. I just Googled "songs about California" and saw that listed.

Kingdom of the Prehistoric
View attachment 763037
Y'know, people do still like dinosaurs, and hey, since Disney bought 20th Century Fox they own a somewhat popular IP that's about prehistoric animals, an IP they've shown they're still willing to milk, so instead of removing dinosaurs from the park entirely, why not just refresh the land while keeping the existing theme? Here in the Kingdom of the Prehistoric, guests can travel through a jungle in the Cretaceous Period dodging a Carnotaurus (a tweaked version of Dinosaur removing the "Dino Institute" stuff, but retaining all the dinosaur animatronics), hang out with Manny, Sid, and Diego in a new family-friendly Ice Age dark ride, soar through the sky on the back of a pterodactyl (a retheme of Triceratops Spin), and even get up-close-and-personal with a few animals that existed in the time of the dinosaurs but are still around today. Eat your heart out, Jurassic Park!

Bonus: My favorite animal is the majestic elephant, and while African elephants are present at Animal Kingdom, I don't think there are any ASIAN elephants, so add 'em to the Maharajah Jungle Trek.
This is a really interesting idea! Taking what's already there, but tweaking the story surrounding them to change the whole vibe. I'm a big DinoLand defender and fan of the kitschy vibe, but I definitely think a more immersive dinosaur land like this would be more of a crowd pleaser and more impressive. Ice Age dark ride is a cool addition too (lots of Blue Sky this round so far lol). It might clash with its much more cartoony style compared to the rest of the land which seems to be going for a more grounded feeling, but that mild clash is worth it for a fun ride like that which would go a long way to rounding out not just the land but the park itself which could really use a good classic dark ride

+1 Bonus - Can never go wrong with more elephants!
Looks like much of the natural choices have already been taken, so here goes...

Tropical Americas

revised edition
Yes, we’re still setting our sights on the Tropical Americas, but if we’re gonna put in some IPs, might as well put in some that actually fit...
In this tropical paradise (taking the place of DinoLand; a new prehistoric land is built on the massive pad beyond Kali River Rapids to offset the loss), guests can brave a jeep ride through the Anaconda Caverns (a rethemed Dinosaur), go on a bird-watching Snapshot Safari through Paradise Falls with Carl and Russell, and Escape from the Secret Lab with Kuzco. Animal exhibits here include llamas, giant anteaters, jaguars, an aviary of Amazonian birds, and an equally expansive array of lizards and frogs (among others), while an aerial carousel made up of bats and birds (a retheme of TriceraTop Spin) and a “caterpillar” ride (like Slinky Dog Spin in Walt Disney Studios, Hong Kong, and Shanghai) aboard a snake give the land its supporting round rides.

Bonus
The ocelot is one of the animals that call the Tropical Americas home.
View attachment 763663

Giving credit to @D Hulk for coming up with the UP ride I mentioned in the above pitch - DisneySky is such a beautiful concept
Oooooohhh I love the idea of taking what Disney already announced but doing something totally different with it. A thrill ride with a thrilling confrontation with a dangerous anaconda is great and a true UP ride would be fantastic (I'm not clicking the link till after reviews and only have vague memories of it from reading Disney Sky, but just from what's written here it seems like a good UP ride AND one that keeps the focus on animals/nature. Including some flats is always a good idea and I love the animal trail! Kuzko feel perhaps slightly out of place considering how focused and rainforesty the rest of the land feels, but New Groove is such a great movie that adding it here is very welcome even if it's perhaps a bit of a slant rhyme.

+1 Bonus - Ocelot!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1705729530081.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
A bit of a challenge with this one, but decided to throw caution to the wind and go with something dear to my heart and perfectly fits into Animal Kingdom's themes of wildlife, nature, and conservation.

TOTORO HILLS

1*cV0xV3CssRRUoj_3NgOpeA.jpeg
Totoro Hills is a tribute to the animated films of Studio Ghibli, whisking guests away to a deep Japanese woodland full of bamboo paths, large camphor trees, and plenty of animal exhibits including: martens, red foxes, tanuki (raccoon dogs), Asian black bears, a pool of giant spider crabs, both sika and yaku deer, a small bug house featuring an array of Japanese insects, and the iconic red crowned cranes.

The woods has an ancient, forgotten feel to it, with plenty of paths to explore and secrets to find, as well as three attractions to discover - Totoro Acorn Twirl, a spinner with acorn-shaped barrels, as Totoro spins to propel the wind around him (replacing Triceratop Spin); Tanuki Temple, a whizzy dark ride through the temples of the shapeshifting Tanuki from Pom Poko; and The River of the Great Forest Spirit, an outdoor-indoor boat ride based on Princess Mononoke which replaces Dinosaur, where guests dare to drift through the realm of spirits, from giant wolves and boars, to the innocent Kodama, before a dramatic close encounter with the Great Forest Spirit himself, who ushers us away before he transforms into the gigantic Nightwalker.

Forgot to add in the bonus!

BONUS: The Capybara!

Capybara.jpg

Elephants are actually my favourite animal, but the capybara is too cool an animal to not include, having a small but comfy watery enclosure which is shared with other animals, since the capybara gets on with everybody.
It's interesting you aren't the only person to say this was a particularly challenging round which I wasn't expecting. It seems DAK might be harder to work in than I thought. That being said I think you did great with it! I know in the past Ghibli has been pretty hesitant when it comes to theme parks, but given their prior relationship with Disney and their more open mind lately I could definitely see this happening. I've only seen Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, so I'm far from a Ghibli expert, but from everything I've seen it seems like a perfect fit for DAK since reverence for nature and the wonders of the world around you is such a common recurring theme in their films. What you describe feels like a perfect Ghibli experience while staying accessible and fun for guests who have never seen the films. A great balance to strike. I was gonna note that you didn't include a Disney IP (though Totoro arguably counts), but then I reread my own prompt and it looks like I just said "IP" and didn't specify it had to be Disney so you are in the clear there lol. Anyways, great land. But you instantly lose for including a bug house, I hate bugs :p (just kidding, I would hate it but thats a fun unique addition)

+1 Bonus - Just like Dreamlight Valley!
The Tropical Americas is a land that takes guests to 3 locations within the Tropical Americas: the island of Cuba, the Amazon Rainforest, and a Lost City located within the Andes. Cuba is represented by Cuba: Jewel Of The Caribbean, an EMV replacement for Dinosaur that takes guests through Old Havana, Humboldt Forest, the Gardens Of The Queen reef, the prehistoric Caves, and the Zapata Wetlands, while the Amazon River Adventure takes guests on a boat ride through the rainforest, encountering the many animals that call it home. The Lost City takes guests through the ruins of the once-great Inca Empire, passing exhibits for the animals that call the Andes home. View attachment 763607
Bonus: This is the QuetzalView attachment 763608
So, part of the challenge was to include an IP like the IRL blue sky plans have done. I'm not really gonna hold that against you, but I had to at least mention it. With that out of the way, this was a really fun land and an interesting take on Tropical Americas. This walks a thin line between being a bit too much going on for one land and showcasing a fun variety of locales/experiences. Part of me thinks it would've been better to focus in on one of the locales instead of the mash up of all three. But you pull it off and make it seem like they would flow together quite nicely. Cuba is not a place you see pop up a lot in these games, but it would make a fantastic setting for an attraction. And the beauty of the Andes and the Amazon is so clear it goes without saying that they'd make great theme park environments. A boat ride and a walkthrough animal exhibit are both great additions and help this land feel quintessentially DAK!

+1 Bonus - Quetzal!
xgfnqgn9va901.jpg
Ach-To

Ach-To, because we can never have enough Star Wars at this point, shows us Luke’s place of seclusion and a habitat for the Porgs, which are still technically dinosaurs. The Porg petting zoo is an an animatronic experience with tactile elements, while other attractions include a Star Wars milk stand and even a dark ride through Ach-To, that takes you around the entire land.
I love the idea of Ach-To for this. That planet was beautiful and a more natural environment focused on the alien creatures from the franchise could be a wonderful compliment to Batuu as a second Star Wars Land. And honestly Star Wars is a big enough brand to justify a second land imo. Some might say a second sci-fi land is redundant with Pandora right there, but this really distinguishes itself well with the focus on the creatures themselves. The alien animals always felt secondary to the Na'Vi in Pandora and this is a great way to correct that mistake. Especially with the Porg petting zoo which is such a cute idea. My only note is that this needs a D/E-Ticket to serve as an anchor attraction. The petting zoo is great and the ride touring the land is great. But a big Star Wars adventure (maybe rescuing some injured alien creature?) would've really rounded this land out and elevated the pitch!
View attachment 763923NORTH AMERICA focuses on the natural wonders and animals that made the country so strikingly beautiful to both Natives and colonists for centuries up to the present day with a particular focus on Floridian wildlife such as armadillos, key deer, pelicans, and bobcats. All of this is augmented by e-ticket rides such as the never-built Geyser Mountain and plenty of American cuisine food trucks dotted around the ponds that call this land home
Bonus:
View attachment 763924

The beautiful and majestic wolf is one of my favorite animals and not one with a major presence in Animal Kingdom quite yet, so North America is a perfect showcase for the grey wolf native to the continent.
So, part of the challenge was to include an IP like the IRL blue sky plans have done. I'm not really gonna hold that against you, but I had to at least mention it. Geyser Mountain would be great and that kind of drop tower would be an amazing addition to the park's ride line up. Nice and thrilling, but easy to keep it well themed. Adding another continent land like this would fit nicely alongside Africa/Asia and it feels very classically DAK. Highlighting Florida wildlife is great, but I do wish the land was slightly more focused on a specific region because those mountains don't scream "Florida" to me. But then again the broader appeal is part of what makes the continent lands at DAK so fun (even if they are mostly centered around on region). The food truck restaurant idea is a great idea. A fun and more modern feeling take on Harambe market giving a great variety of options and making it easy to switch things up to keep the menu fresh

+1 Bonus - Wolf!
I know there's already an idea for North America but I still wanted to do it because I worked up an idea a while ago... here it is! I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED POST DON'T MIND THE OLD VERSION

View attachment 763995

NORTH AMERICA

Instead of the wild, desert frontier of Frontierland at the parks, Animal Kingdom defines and embraces America in a new way, at the possibility of a North America land at Animal Kingdom, featuring winding forests, challenge trails, and an all new family-friendly addition to Animal Kingdom- with the ip Gravity Falls. Replacing the current DINOSAUR ride is Gravity Rewind: Hide and Go-Seek, where upon entering a hallway behind the vending machine in the new Mystery Shack facade, guests go on a Monsters Inc. (Japan) style flashlight tag in their personal ride vehicles, saving the town by flashing light on monsters in a dark forest, with kooky animatronics, fun gags, and a final light showdown with Bill Cipher. Meanwhile, the rest of the land is dedicated to more of the natural forested beauty of North America, with Grizzly Challenge Trail, a small family coaster (unlike Expedition: Everest), and a surplus of natural American beauty.

View attachment 763996BONUS: Adding to @Evilgidgit's Capybara exhibit in the South America land above Kali River Rapids, I propose to mix the creatures up with a group of equally friendly guinea pigs, and add a warm spa bath for them like the one in Japan.
Its a funny coincidence that the two North America pitches were posted so close to each other, but they really are so unique that's there's no overlap other than the name lol. The focus on the West coast is a fun call to make it feel more focused and Grizzly Challenge Trail would be a perfect addition to DAK. A family coaster would be a great way to add some more mild thrills to the park, although I do wish that you mentioned anything about the theme of the ride. Even just a very simple "The cars have Eagles on them" would've helped it feel more real. I'm split on the gravity Falls ride. It is fantastic and absolutely a great ride that perfectly captures what makes the show so fun (a show I love btw I've been Dipper for more than one Halloween). But while this is the best GF adaptation, it might not be the best GF ride for DAK. Focusing more on the cryptids and mythic animals of the show's world might've been a better way to capture the essence and fit the themes of DAK. But like I said I'm torn because while that would fit DAK better, what you have here is such a perfect Gravity Falls ride as is!

+1 Bonus - What is this a crossover episode?
The Ocean Below
View attachment 764001
Throughout Animal Kingdom, guests explore nature and conservation of animals and plant life of outer space (Pandora) as well as on land, and now we take them to under the water. Almost all of Dinoland (Nemo The Musical stays to tie into the area) is completely destroyed and built from scratch with the focus on touch ponds, aquariums, and large open tanks showcasing creatures that both explore land and sea throughout the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding area with the focus on the new land being the conservation of the Great Barrier Reef, and others much like it who are getting damaged and are slowly getting poorer and poorer in health causing issues for the animals and other life of the sea. A new Finding Nemo/ Dory attraction is built (allowing for The Seas to return to a non-IP ride again) showcasing the importance of these reefs around the world to characters like Nemo and what it could mean if we don't work to keep them safe.

BONUS: A large expansion included with this land is a large new Octopus enclosure showcasing all of their skills and talents, while also using it to promote Hank from Finding Dory.
View attachment 764003
A perfect thematic fit for DAK with a clear conservation message about man's relationship to the natural world while bringing something new to the park in a fun, engaging way with a perfectly paired IP. Adding some simple aquarium elements is a great way to add a new kind of animal to DAK and engage guests in a whole new way. As a big Nemo the Musical fan, its nice to see it stay and to see it better integrated into the land. Part of me wishes there was one non-Nemo attraction (whether its an original story or a different aquatic IP) to keep this from feeling too much like just a Nemo land. But also Nemo is such a strong IP and such a perfect fit for the land you've created that I really don't mind it potentially just feeling like Nemo Land. Plus, freeing up the Seas for a big update to become more EPCOTy is a nice bonus

+1 Bonus - I love all Octopusses

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1705731916201.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!​

Galapagos Land
Featuring everybody’s favorite movie about a house that is moved by a bunch of balloons (“Up”), Galapagos Land features a dark ride about the movie as well as a slow-moving scenic view of the animals from the Galapagos, including the blue-footed booby.
View attachment 764004

Bonus: I enjoy California Sea Lions, so an aquarium next to the Finding Nemo theater is coming to Animal Kingdom!
Galapagos has such a lovely variety of animals and is such a beautiful environment that it would lend itself perfectly to a theme park. Adding in UP is great and a dark ride that also serves as a showcase for the animals is perfect! Plus, I've long said there should be a way to see blue footed boobies at Disney :p

Hilarious and very mature joking aside, this land is a little undercooked with just the one ride, but that's understandable considering you were offline nearly the whole round. I appreciate that you took the time to submit something even if you didn't have the time to do a pitch up to your usual high standards. It shows to passion and excitement you have for these games and armchair imagineering!

+1 Bonus - California Sea Lions. Truly the lions of the sea!

Valley of Ancient Beasts
Pleistocene_fauna.jpg
Replacing the terribly dated Dinoland U.S.A. is the Valley of Ancient Beasts; a reserve where the Committee for Zoology and Exploration have brought back many extinct animals from across the Cenozoic Period, spearheaded by Owen Richard. Sir Richard has made several self-contained biomes for many animals and each has its own attraction for guests to view these bizarre yet wonderous creatures. These being Journey into the Jungle; a log flume ride through steamy swamps and jungles inhabited by the likes of Titanoboa and Moertherium, Woolly Wonderland; an EMV ride through Mammoth Steppe, Diprotodon Derby; a whip ride similar to MJJ where giant wombats race around pulling carts in Aboriginal inspired painting, and Donald's Savanna Soarers; a SetPoint Swing Thing coaster similar to Canopy Flyers over Singapore, set above a savanna teaming with Indricotherium, Camelops, and many more big, unique creatures with Donald Duck as your pilot.
Bonus: My favorite amphibian is the red-eye tree frog, and they finally appear on Discovery Island as part of a new herpetarium.
View attachment 764007
I Googled Owen Richard to see if it was a reference to something and it was! Presumably at least, it reference Richard Owens: an English biologist, comparative anatomist and paleontologist. If that wasn't intentional its a heck of a coincidence lol. Anyways, this is not the first pitch to be a sort of updated DinoLand, but this is distinct in that it is really similar to the current Dino Institute storyline but handled with much more gravitas and grandeur instead of either kitschy fun we currently have of the trip to the world of the past Panther pitched. Donald was a good choice of IP considering how well he already works in current DinoLand. This could've very easily been a "Do what's there but better" pitch with how similar your story is to DinoLand's, but the passion you clearly have about this idea do a lot to distinguish it and make it feel fully and uniquely your's!

+1 Bonus - Red Eyed Tree Frog Man!
Arctic Exploration

View attachment 764011

In the newest plan to retheme Dinoland, Disney has decided to "chill out" compared to the previous announced plans of tropical getaways and South American adventures with a trip up north to the Arctic Circle. An indoor animal exhibit brings polar bears and walruses to Central Florida, a carousel based on the scene from Frozen 2 with the circling reindeer to keep smaller kiddos entertained, and a high intensity E-ticket for thrill seekers. The E-ticket is an entirely original storyline, following the adventure group from Atlantis as Milo Thatch leads them, and us, down below the waters once again to search for a relic hidden from time, trapped in a glacier and protected by various real and mythical creatures of the deep.

Bonus: Cat cafe. I'm not going for realism I just love cats and think DAK should have a rescue based cat cafe.
An indoor exhibit to cool off is already a great start considering how humid the entirety of DAK can be lol. I love the arctic theme and how unique it feels. Entirely unlike anything at DAK, yet one that has so much potential and fits so well into DAK's line up considering its one of if not the biggest focuses of environmental campaigns right now. A circling reindeer carousel is an excellent flat ride (the Frozen 2 connection seem superfluous, but would help keep the kids interested). Milo leading a new expedition through the arctic waters is a great way to utilize an IP in an entirely new way! I wish you mentioned what exactly the E-Ticket was though. Is this a rethemed Dinosaur or is this a new build? It's a great story for a ride, but I do need to know what the ride actually is. Other than that one missing detail though this is a great land and a real breath of fresh air for DAK!

+1 Bonus - As someone who loves cats I would adore this. As someone who is allergic to cats it quite literally might kills me lol

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@major.hatter - Arctic Exploration

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. This might just be my favorite land. I adore how unique it is and it really brings something new to the park. But sadly without knowing what the anchor attraction actually is it's tough to fully appreciate it.

fi8BZ2h.png

@Evilgidgit - TOTORO HILLS

A perfect balance of fantasy, fan service, and natural wonders! Even as someone with only passing familiarity with Ghibli I can see how perfectly this would fit DAK and add in a fun fantastical element! The only thing that very slightly held it back from being further up in the ranking is that it might be slightly too niche for American audiences for a full land. But I love it!

oUugaAj.png

@Muppetsfan#1 - Amazonia

A perfect blend of focused and grand! You found a way to create a truly unique and kinetic land with great energy and wide variety of fun experiences!

33sYVki.png

@AceAstro - The Ocean Below

Capturing what makes DAK great and creating a perfect modern take on classic DAK is what won you this gold. A focus on having fun while learning a perfect lesson about man's place in the world's ecosystem. Creating magical memories with beloved characters while also being inspired to do your part to protect the world we live in. Can't think of a better way to continue the message of the park!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I try not to do math past 2 AM so I'll tally up the scores tomorrow, but for now let's get on with the show!

Scene Eight
The NBA Experience Experience

9IS9W1G.png

Welcome one and all to the eighth prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Imagineering, Joe Disney!

Disney Quest was a beloved part of Downtown Disney/Disney Springs for years! And then it was a tolerated for many years after that before its eventual closure in 2017. It is often boiled down to a five story arcade, but Disney Quest was much more. There were animation classes, VR experiences that were state of the art at the turn of the millennium, creative interactive experiences, a simulator where you could design your own rollercoaster and then ride it, and so much more! Disney Quest was great! It was just woefully outdated and gaming/VR technology was advancing so quickly that keeping it updated was never really going to be feasible. So, towards the end of its life it more and more just became a five story arcade with a bunch of barely working early 2000s prototypes for interactive experiences scattered about. Still a really fun time, but I understand it closing in 2017.

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at the NBA Experience)

It was replaced by the NBA experience which opened in August of 2019. It closed temporarily for covid in early 2020 and then was eventually announced to never reopen. It was essentially pretty similar to Disney Quest just without the arcade and all basketball themed and worse and more bad. It didn't last long and no one really expected it to other than, presumably, Bob Iger I guess. But without it, Disney Springs is missing an extra draw for families. Something to bring people in and make Disney Springs more of a destination. Aside from Cirque Du Solei which can be costly, all Springs has aside from shopping/dining is a movie theater. They could use another big, all-ages draw

-Challenge-
Pitch a replacement for Disney Quest/NBA Experience at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Disney has access to or would realistically license. This does take place in present day so all current Disney IP is fair game​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Tuesday, January 23rd at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Merchandising!

Add a unique piece of merchandise for your new experience.
Disney Springs is all about shopping and shopping is an underrated part of armchair Imagineering. So, lets add in a piece of specialty merch for your pitch!
You may use 1 Sentence and 1 Picture
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom