One Ride to Disappear....

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If you could pick ONE RIDE OR ATTRACTION PER PARK to disappear forever and not be missed, which would you choose?

MK - tossup between Jungle Cruise & It's a Small World

EPCOT - The Living Seas

DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS - tossup between Voyage of Little Mermaid
and Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage

ANIMAL KINGDOM - Camp Minnie-Mickey

Pioneer Hall

MK- Timekeeper
Epcot- I really can't choose but I would like to see some parts get a major rehab
Studios- Sounds Dangerous (not very imaginative...12 minuite show with 8 minutes of darkness)
AK-Triceratop Spin (stop it NOW)

TURKEY

MK -- Timekeeper

Epcot -- The current form of El Rio de Tiempo. I really dislike the current theming. It doesn't represent Mexico at all.

MGM -- Sounds Dangerous

DAK -- Triceratops Spin

TD Mickey

MK: I would have to say A Small World. I think everyone should experience it once. OOOHHHH and definitly get rid of the song!!

Epcot: I don't fell there is enough rides here to get rid of one, but the one I wanted to get rid of is gone and that was the Imagination that took over figment!

Studios: I would have to agree with you all and say sounds dangerous.

AK: Again have to agree with the Triceratop Spin.

gepetto

MK...Timekeeper

EPCOT...Body Wars

MGM....Backlot tour

AK...there's really not much there worth doing (safari, Dinosaur)...I guess that conservation station place.

Main Street USA

MK- Ariel's Grotto (what?)
EPCOT- Morocco in general (walked in, walked out, won't go back)
MGM- Sounds Dangerous (kind of a one time thing)
AK- Probably one of the walking attractions (they have too many)

Picking any of these attractions I feel like I'm tearing down memories. But, we were all asked to pick one from each park, so I forced it. Ariel's Grotto is prob the only one I truly couldn't care less about.

BTW, how can anyone pick IASW or JC? That's insane to want to get rid of those originals!

MGMBoy

MK - The entire 20,000 Leagues Lagoon area (ESPECIALLY the meet & greets) That area could be put to so much use.

EPCOT - El Rio del Tiempo (At least remake it...That AWEFUL song is enough to make me want to just right out of the boat.)

MGM - (Do I REALLY have to pick??? I Love them all!!! Okay...Fine...If I HAD to axe one) Sounds Dangerous

DAK - Caravan Theatre

Kingdom and Studios are the only two that I had trouble deciding on. Ariel's Grotto could stay (but that's because I have a thing for red heads) :hammer: but I think the rest of the lagoon area needs to have SOMETHING done with it. As for Epcot...I could answer that question before it was asked. Sorry but that attraction needs something along the lines of Maelstrom that explains the culture and history of the country...Not just a drawn out, out dated, badly orchestrated tousist show.

WDWFanatic

AK- camp minnie mickey
Epcot- make the Oddessy a real sit down resturant that's open all the time, no character breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Magic kingdom- timekeeper, and bring back the original if you had wings. just put it in timekeepers place.
MGM- sounds dangerous

Im so sick of all the character dining places, I love the characters but the kids running all over gets annoying. Some parents just dont have control over their animals. And i want the land to go back to regular dining too. I need some peace some time during the day.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Main Street USA
BTW, how can anyone pick IASW or JC? That's insane to want to get rid of those originals!

Both of those rides are completely pointless crap that should have been removed a long time ago.

Grim Grinner

If I had to remove a ride from each park, here's my cut list:

1. Magic Kingdom- Aladdin. Simply put, I don't enjoy this ride and it crowds the area that once was my favorite.
2. Epcot- Body Wars and the ENTIRE Wonders of Life pavilion. This should have been removed a long time ago instead of World of Motion or Horizons... By far the most rundown part of the park, even counting the Living Seas (Which I would love to fix up... If they gave me the chance)
3. Animal Kingdom- Nothing other than Triceratops Spin. Why It's other rides are fairly (I said fairly...) unique and and do have a Disney feel.
4. MGM Studios- Sounds dangerous needs to go. It could have been done a lot better, like Honey I Shrunk the Audience without the sight. Sure there's one surprise or two, but overall it was a lackluster exhibit.

Overall, I'd be loath to remove any ride....

Cosmo

mk- ariel's grotto. put something good there! Seems like wasted space

epcot - i agree with making the Odyssey and nice sit down, no character dining area. (by the way, i love morocco!!! )

ak- not much there to begin with, probably the camp minnie/mickey thing

mgm - have to agree with sounds dangerous...needs a redo.:mad:

Frontierland CM

If I had to axe one ride from each park, and only if I HAD to :

MK: The Jungle Cruise, it may be an original, but it's a tacky one

Epcot: The Wonders of Life pavillion

DMGM: Sounds Dangerous

AK: The flights of wonder bird show

I don't know how anyone could suggest COP, that is one of the few attractions left that Walt designed!

tenchu

Mk: JIYI

Epcot: Video part of Maelstrom in Norway

MGM: Like everything, soooo...afternoon parade

AK: Conservation station, even though i quite like it.

NADisney

And here are my two bits

MK - Ariel's Grotto - The whole area just needs help period

Epcot - Universe of Energy - cause you can not get pass the preshow

Studios - Make Indiana Stunt Show into a ride like Disneyland's

AK - Camp Minnie & Micky - waste of space and money

tmp

MK - Timekeeper
Epcot- Ellen's Energy ride
Mgm- nothing
AK- Camp Mickey/Minnie ( atleast and another bridge so you could easily get over there)

grimgringhost

Originally posted by NowInc
MK = COP (gets his shield)
Epcot - Bye bye el rio de tiemoi
MGM - Backstage tour
AK - CTX

Alright, now i can agree with the el rio thingy and the backstage tour, but i think cop should stay just in honor of Walt and why CTX? It's a great ride.... :confused:

Monorail Lime

Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway (too Six Flags-ish)
Epcot - Wonders of Life pavilion (YAWN)
MGM - Sounds Dangerous (I don't like Drew Carey)
Animal Kingdom - Conservation Station (what a waste of time)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom