One Little Spark 3: The Spark Squad - Main Competition Thread

Chaos Cat

Whelp, it's official; I have a problem.

IHaveAProblem.png

Disney Warrior

Probably Not Disney Warrior‘s Reviews

Team John Deer
  • Yes, Ice Age is Disney, in case any reader didn’t know, I think adding Fox attractions is a great idea, Ice Age is a fitting IP, despite the franchise recently sucking.
  • I like the extra detail with the Skyliner additions, plus the Chapek checklist makes this very realistic imo
  • I love the map, it looks very similar to the official one!
  • This ride would definitely get coaster enthusiasts to visit a water park, this just seems very unique
  • Overall I don’t have much else to say here, but I love the details and presentation
Not Team Quinn
  • I love the description of why there is ice in Florida, it takes me back to a time where I wasn’t even alive yet lol
  • I don’t know how I feel about the location, it provides more sights to see on the lazy river, but it might feel like an eyesore for some
  • I can’t tell what type of ride this is, is it a launched water coaster like Cheetah Chase or is it a water coaster?
  • I would’ve preferred more images in between paragraphs, sometimes my eyes hurt reading text on certain colored backgrounds
  • I love that this ride revolves on Ice Gator, it seems that the park mascots aren’t utilized enough in rides, which is a shame
  • Overall, great ideas and presentation, though it could’ve been done differently.

Don’t worry if my reviews were too harsh for you guys, teams, this is only just a learning experience!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
john-deer-logo-png.624422

Presents...

ice-age-logo-jpg.623649

Arriving in 2022 to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Theme Park!
Click the new WDW Resort TV loop below to explore!

Reading Music

Credits
Team Name and Logo - @b-wolf95
Opening Post Art - @D Hulk and @Disney Dad 3000
Backstory - @spacemt354 and @D Hulk
Skyliner Extension Description/Reason for Attraction - @spacemt354
Map and Location at Blizzard Beach - @Disney Dad 3000
Ice Bridge Description - @Solaris Knight
Ice Age Character Art - @Shannoninthemagic
Queue Signage - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)
Queue Descriptions - @spacemt354
Ride Vehicle Descriptions - @D Hulk
Attraction Map and Layout - @NateD1226
Ride-Through Scene Descriptions - @NateD1226
Ride-Through Concept Art - @Disney Dad 3000 @NateD1226 @D Hulk
Gift-Shop Description - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)

Presentation - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)

Funny that your team ended up with an Ice Age-themed attraction because that was briefly raised in ours...

OvertheHorizon

A couple of overall comments: 1) Combining players into two teams has had the desired effect of injecting fresh energy into this competition, which had begun to peter out last round. 2) I review in the order in which submissions are posted. 3) Although I’m only a reviewer and not a judge, I’d like to point out that in each of the previous rounds my “order of finish” agreed with the judges.

Team John Deere

Things I loved: A truly inventive backstory. The idea of bringing the Skyliner to Blizzard Beach. The Chapek Checklist 😊Ice Bridge idea which is thematically strong and solves a space problem. You’ve done a good job of considering ride capacity for a smaller water park. Nice graphics depicting elements of the ride.

Suggestions: Consider putting “surrounding area” stuff near the end of the presentation to put more focus on your attraction. Would have liked to see a few more pics/drawings of the queue area.

The Artists formerly known as Team Quinn

Things I loved: The Blizzard Blast graphic. Creative ideas for ice sculptures, especially the bears making snow angels. Addition of a Winter Olympian to narrate what to expect. Excellent ride-through description. And the mid-ride “launch” of the vehicle makes this seem like a thrilling ride.

Suggestions: Consistency in describing the attraction, first dubbed “Blizzard Blast water coaster” then later a bobsled (bobsleigh) ride. Perhaps a drawing or two to depict the ride experience.

JokersWild

A couple of overall comments: 1) Combining players into two teams has had the desired effect of injecting fresh energy into this competition, which had begun to peter out last round. 2) I review in the order in which submissions are posted. 3) Although I’m only a reviewer and not a judge, I’d like to point out that in each of the previous rounds my “order of finish” agreed with the judges.

Team John Deere

Things I loved: A truly inventive backstory. The idea of bringing the Skyliner to Blizzard Beach. The Chapek Checklist 😊Ice Bridge idea which is thematically strong and solves a space problem. You’ve done a good job of considering ride capacity for a smaller water park. Nice graphics depicting elements of the ride.

Suggestions: Consider putting “surrounding area” stuff near the end of the presentation to put more focus on your attraction. Would have liked to see a few more pics/drawings of the queue area.

The Artists formerly known as Team Quinn

Things I loved: The Blizzard Blast graphic. Creative ideas for ice sculptures, especially the bears making snow angels. Addition of a Winter Olympian to narrate what to expect. Excellent ride-through description. And the mid-ride “launch” of the vehicle makes this seem like a thrilling ride.

Suggestions: Consistency in describing the attraction, first dubbed “Blizzard Blast water coaster” then later a bobsled (bobsleigh) ride. Perhaps a drawing or two to depict the ride experience.
Thanks for the feedback! For clarification, the ride IS a water coaster, but the vehicles look like bobsleds rather than boats. The bobsled run at the beginning of the attraction is a simulation of a bobsled using a coaster track.

CreateDisney

Team John Deere

The presentation is well put together. Organized, detailed, but visually well told. The artwork done by this team is great. I have never seen the Ice Age films but you explained the attraction so that anyone would be able to ride it. I also like the Skyliner expansion. I don't know what else there is to be said about this, well done.

Team Not Quinn

The launched component of the ride and the musical score were amazing. The artwork was also another highlight. There could have been more pictures for the ride though. I got lost in the text blocks, and was unsure at times if this was a dark ride or a roller-coaster. Other than that, really nice job.

spacemt354

Chili's
In the meantime you should check out @James G. 's Americana 1900 thread - currently he's on the Morrison Farm Tour sponsored by none other than John Deere!

ob4N87MdmGGW7mnq5Y4Vu3UUeg4_EQ9ylhJR8tKZkmt3QwhoCL2hVkUwPiZVxSTPCjwc4IipVYKv48X8JGE-GA2WsXxnOggbcjPoepDIjSBUjOwfZFPuIFLKVYfEFpiGuEAvaMZ5

Disney Dad 3000

In the meantime you should check out @James G. 's Americana 1900 thread - currently he's on the Morrison Farm Tour sponsored by none other than John Deere!

ob4N87MdmGGW7mnq5Y4Vu3UUeg4_EQ9ylhJR8tKZkmt3QwhoCL2hVkUwPiZVxSTPCjwc4IipVYKv48X8JGE-GA2WsXxnOggbcjPoepDIjSBUjOwfZFPuIFLKVYfEFpiGuEAvaMZ5

#Synergy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom