ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
qWnArtM.png

--Overview--

The One Little Spark Competition (Now Even Weirder) is an exciting armchair imagineering competition focused on having fun and stepping outside of comfort zones!

It all started when @Pi on my Cake stole Dreamfinder's Ship back in 2018. Then @PerGron and @Outbound stole the stolen ship from Pi back in 2019. Eventually, S.E.A. caught up with them and arrested the three thieves. @PerGron and @Outbound got time off for good behavior, but Pi keeps stealing the guard's keys. So, he has been moved to a maximum security prison alongside @Tegan pilots a chicken.

Why was Tegan arrested? Well...
zc5ZADo.png

There might be a way for them to get out, but they need creative, talented, and fun Imagineers to save the world! Or at least take a joy ride with them and make some amazing things!

They'll drive, you guys imagine the stuff!

GvGQH6V.gif

--Gameplay--

This will be a team based competition that will take place over 12 scenes (each scene is a new prompt or round). Most will be roughly a week long, but some scenes are short & sweet!

These scenes will be divided over 6 acts of 1-3 scenes apiece, and each act will have it's own overarching theme for the scenes within the larger story and unique gameplay twists to help keep the competition constantly feeling fresh and exciting!

Power Plays from OLS 2 will return as well to add some extra stakes and suspense! More details about those will be revealed later on!

RxUswgt.png

--The Teams--

One unique twist is that there are going to be Small Teams! Exact team sizes will be determined when we see how many players sign up, but the goal is to have several teams of 3-5 players rather than 2 or 3 large teams like most games!

Our goal is to keep teams together and not move people around too often so that teams can develop a good chemistry and maybe even a few friendships! If people do need to, for whatever reason, be switched around, it will be mostly in between acts.

There will be No Eliminations (aside from players who are absent or inactive consistently), but each Scene will matter as the top projects will be awarded points that will determine which teams make it to the finals!

lLP3wzQ.png

--Fun Focused--

The focus of the competition is on having fun and growing as armchair imagineers! I know Winter/Spring can be a busy time with everyone back at school and figuring out their schedule. We want this to feel like something fun rather than a burden or a commitment you're saddled with. So, we're taking steps in setting up this competition to try to make it easy for everyone to compete if they would like!

The first major step is that projects will not be judged on detail. I'm not saying that a team of 8 turning in a 5 sentence project would be a good idea, but the focus is on hitting the important notes and communicating your idea effectively rather than on conveying every part of the whole experience. A well written paragraph can go just as far as a whole essay. That being said, if you do want to write and have the time to write an 81 page Fantasyland Expansion, we will happily skim read through it! Nothing wrong with detail, just don't feel pressured if the team doesn't have the time. Same with using reference photos vs. original artwork.

--How to Sign Up--

Are you interested in joining us on this joy ride in a magical, weird journey into Grand Theft Dirigible?

Just answer these three simple quick questions:

What is your favorite armchair imagineering project you've worked on?
What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair imagineer?
What is something you would like to try to improve on?

The Competition starts January 15th, 2021!

PqxPSJb.png

--Theme Song--

What better band to represent the One Little Spark Competition, which was inspired by Figment the imagined dragon, than Imagine Dragons!

Let's do this! Any questions?

Lizzy May Bee

What is this? Some kind of- wait you already made the joke, anyways sign me up!

Also I’ll answer your questions three:
Garfield’s Furry Fury (I’m not joking)
I’m pretty good at weirdly specific concept art.
I’m just generally not that good at writing, but these things are always good practice!

JokersWild

Now that I’m properly awake I’m realizing that I didn’t answer any of the questions:

1. Maybe Toho Town from SAVII? I’m really not sure. It’s hard to choose one.
2. I guess my writing. When the stars align I’m sometimes able to write music as well.
3. I would like to improve both my writing and team skills. I’m always worried that I’m too overbearing or insistent when working on a team, so I guess trying to work past those anxieties is what I’d most like to work on.

PerGron

I also forgot to answer the questions

1. Honestly, it’s between the SeaWorld project from SYWTBAI19 or The Lavatory Laboratory from SA V

2. I’d say backstories. I definitely have a knack for creative writing and coming up with elaborate backstories for everything.

3. I’d like to try to improve on artwork and map making. I’ve been trying at it in the past, but I can never quite get to where I want to be.

Imagineer Brandon

discovery planet for the previous one little spark.

i'm pretty good at restaurants and menus.

i'd honestly like to improve my skills with the most central part of imagineering: the ride experience itself.

Chaos Cat

1. What is your favorite armchair imagineering project you've worked on?
    • Lycan, from SYWTBAI19. It was fun working with Alton Tower and everyone just sort click well that round.
  2. What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair imagineer?
    • Keeping project relatively grounded in realty (which is the last thing I expected to write on this site)
    • Also, starting
  3. What is something you would like to try to improve on?
    • Actually being active on projects.

TheOriginalTiki

1. Mirror Disneyland from SYWTBAI8. I still get chills thinking about how amazing that all came together. The "Venice meets San Francisco with a dash of Da Vinci" style of our Main Street, the clock tower icon in the middle of the park complete with a Clock Cleaners E Ticket coaster, ALL of Toon Town especially the iconic Toontown Tower Hotel which I still consider to be the magnum opus of my career, the domed Nature's Wonderland, coming up with a floating city named Columbia years before BioShock Infinite. It was the ultimate melding of creative potential.

2. My greatest strength is thinking outside the box and constantly pushing for different and unique ideas in the brainstorming process, but still being flexible enough to know when to go with the flow and do what the team wants to do while still trying to work in the different/unique side of things into my own individual contributions.

3. I don't know how much I'll be able to work on this considering I'm currently rocking a Chromebook, but I'd love to actually get over my hurdle of the visual side of things. I've always been way more prose-leaning when it comes to Imagineering and I really need to evolve my game in that respect for the modern era.

spacemt354

Chili's
1. I would say Nara Dreamland, the finale project from SYWTBAI Season 19

There are many team projects that I think would surpass it in terms of memories but I think this was my best creative project and was done in 6 days time iirc.

2. I would say just general experience regarding these types of projects from both playing and reviewing them for what makes a project 'click'

3. Learning to live with a smaller role and being able to do that role effectively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom