ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

MickeyMouse10

Well I thought it was pretty neat.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I'll probably be skipping it. I feel mostly everything Disney has done lately has been a "Meh" at best. They don't seem like they know how to tell a good story anymore. They're more focused on putting in characters and storylines that don't matter.

The only movie and show I've enjoyed in 3 years has been "The Mandalorian" and "Luca". Because it seemed like they didn't just put in characters to check off boxes. They were there for a reason and they knew how to make you care about them. It's unfair for both the known and unknown superheroes, to put in these characters into an already established franchise. Because they don't fit and both characters don't get enough screen time.

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Anyone see Dr. Strange yet?
No, and based on what I’ve seen so far I’m not sure I really want to. Not only am I not a massive horror fan, but from what I’ve heard the film doesn’t really have any massive far-reaching effects for the MCU.

(Plus I’m still getting over the Michael Giacchino replacement. Danny Elfman has in my opinion been going downhill for years, and most of this soundtrack for this film just sounds like filler with no distinctive themes or unique sounds like the original film’s soundtrack. I do understand the Raimi-Elfman partnership, but I think they did the franchise a wrong by not having Giacchino come back. His tracks for the original Doctor Strange are some of my favorite music in the whole MCU.)

Suchomimus

After what I've seen in the leaked footage, I definitely don't want to see it. I was both disgusted and ****ed off by the misuse of cameo characters. They took characters that we've been waiting to see in the Marvel Universe for decades and **** all over them.
Is that leak the one with Wanda is fighting the Illuminati with some cameo characters?

JokersWild

No, and based on what I’ve seen so far I’m not sure I really want to. Not only am I not a massive horror fan, but from what I’ve heard the film doesn’t really have any massive far-reaching effects for the MCU.

(Plus I’m still getting over the Michael Giacchino replacement. Danny Elfman has in my opinion been going downhill for years, and most of this soundtrack for this film just sounds like filler with no distinctive themes or unique sounds like the original film’s soundtrack. I do understand the Raimi-Elfman partnership, but I think they did the franchise a wrong by not having Giacchino come back. His tracks for the original Doctor Strange are some of my favorite music in the whole MCU.)
Gonna be real. This was a really fantastic Danny Elfman score. Definitely typical Elfman at times, but I really enjoyed it.

I’ll post some more thoughts in the morning if you guys are still talking about it when I get up.

MickeyMouse10

Is that leak the one with Wanda is fighting the Illuminati with some cameo characters?

Yep, what a waste. It made me not want to ever see it.

71.3 billion dollars to buy Fox and they make their characters look like a bunch of pussies. Why would I want to see Reed Richards after that weak showing?

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Gonna be real. This was a really fantastic Danny Elfman score. Definitely typical Elfman at times, but I really enjoyed it.

I’ll post some more thoughts in the morning if you guys are still talking about it when I get up.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still one of my favorite Elfman scores, I just still would’ve preferred to see Giacchino do the sequel.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think this movie might be suffering from over-expectations.

For instance the original announcement at comic-con 2019 (pre-covid) had WandaVision debuting in Spring 2021, then Dr Strange in May 2021 with Loki after and What If? in the Summer 2021.

However, all the multiverse D+ shows remained on schedule and Multiverse of Madness was pushed to May 2022, with many probably assuming it was a big event film to tie everything together, when it was never originally scheduled to be that. 🤷‍♂️

Also probably doesn't help that a lower budget A24 film Everything Everywhere All at Once pulled off the multiverse concept flawlessly just a few weeks ago.

tcool123

First off, a reminder that this is a family forum and we should try to avoid any vulgarities; just because it isn’t censored doesn’t make it okay. There are plenty of other words to articulate disappointment, anger and frustration.

Secondly, I saw both Multiverse films back to back today! Started with Multiverse of Madness and once again the MCU proves to me that it’s strongest qualities are its characters and special effects not necessarily the plot. This entry being a thriller was a good way to keep the film fresh, and I can already see them using this film in their 31 Days of Halloween lineup in a few years.

“I’m not a monster, I’m a mother”, will never not be a funny line from Wanda. Honestly a great villain quote that can be merchandised ala Mother Knows Best from Tangled. After all it is Mother’s Day Weekend! With that said I’m glad we got Wandavision as it helps us understand her character more and aids in making her a dynamic villain.

I understand the gripes that some have with the cameos as being poorly executed however I do think it aids in demonstrating the sheer power that Wanda has when she could take down some of Marvel’s strongest heroes and Mr Fantastic. It’s obviously not the last time we’ll see these characters as Disney does plan on continuing utilizing their purchase of 20th Century via the reboot of Fantastic Four and X-Men. Just give it all time.

That said its a solid Marvel film, is it the best? No. But its definitely in the above average group of the Marvel films while still being a fun watch.

Onto Everything Everywhere All At Once. OH. MY. GOD. That was an amazing film! It takes its time to build up but once it gets going it just goes for it and all of it’s absurdity! In addition it honestly gave me a bit of insight in my own life, and I felt like I took something with me when I left the theater. THIS is a stellar film and honestly? An instant classic of the 2020’s.

ThemeParkPriest

Another reason why Disney should get away from screens is that people who get motion sickness easily can't really watch screens.

It's fine if Disney wants to bring an attraction like Ratatouille over from Paris or Tron from Shanghai, but they should plus it. Otherwise it's outdated technology even before it opens.

I would agree that Universal seems to be winning the day with innovation. I guess I'll reserve judgment on Cosmic Rewind til I ride it, but at least I would agree that having no AAs is a missed opportunity.

ThemeParkPriest

john-deer-logo-png.624422

Presents...

ice-age-logo-jpg.623649

Arriving in 2022 to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Theme Park!
Click the new WDW Resort TV loop below to explore!

Reading Music

Credits
Team Name and Logo - @b-wolf95
Opening Post Art - @D Hulk and @Disney Dad 3000
Backstory - @spacemt354 and @D Hulk
Skyliner Extension Description/Reason for Attraction - @spacemt354
Map and Location at Blizzard Beach - @Disney Dad 3000
Ice Bridge Description - @Solaris Knight
Ice Age Character Art - @Shannoninthemagic
Queue Signage - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)
Queue Descriptions - @spacemt354
Ride Vehicle Descriptions - @D Hulk
Attraction Map and Layout - @NateD1226
Ride-Through Scene Descriptions - @NateD1226
Ride-Through Concept Art - @Disney Dad 3000 @NateD1226 @D Hulk
Gift-Shop Description - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)

Presentation - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)

The Artists formerly known as Team Quinn (but haven't picked a team name yet) present...

(Click the image)
View attachment 624451

And for some brief reading music, here's the new original score!

Could it be??! Could one of the projects from OLS be built?

Probably not. They say it's too small to be a new ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom