Pre-Trip One La-ast Ti-ime (Another Swolphin Sandwich!) (This time with POINTS!)

As I promised in my last TR (I know every mile will be worth my while) here is a full, official PTR for our next trip! This time it's just me (Bee, 29), and my wife (M, who will turn 29 during the trip).

Obviously I couldn't settle on a title. The biggest reason we're going now is our APs expire in August and we won't renew until at least mid-2019, so we want to go "one last time" before they expire. Yes, it's a Hamilton reference.

The reason for the second title is: after briefly straying from our favorite not-Disney Disney resorts, we are going back to the Swolphin (the Swan, to be precise)! We are also taking two days in the middle of our trip to visit M's parents, brother, and CAT (Frisky!) in Jacksonville, hence the "Sandwich" part of the equation.

22528226_10212140177557470_6075861244688911093_n.jpg

Sleepy Frisky​

And of course, the POINTS! Since we travel often, for both business and pleasure, we have acquired a fair number of airline and hotel points. We were able to book 2/4 flight segments completely with Southwest points, and the other 2 segments with previous travel credits from a trip we cancelled. We found a great deal at the Swan using part points and part dollars, so it basically works out to paying for two nights and getting one night free with points.

I feel like that was an excessively wordy introductory post, so I will write more trip specifics (dates, ADRs, FPs, and the like) in the next post. Until then, if you'd like to learn what kind of travelers we are, feel free to read some of my old TRs (linked in my signature). Hint: we are not rope-droppers, we are not park commandos, we do not have kids, we like to make time for nice meals, and we can DRINK. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you! First I took a bus to the DMV I usually go to which is 2.5 miles north of us. Their system has been down since yesterday and they didn't know when it would be back. They said I could wait or go to another location. I went to the Dunkin Donuts next door for coffee and came back 30 minutes later, and the system was still down and they were sending everyone away.

In MA, they've been processing the new "REAL ID" driver's licenses, in compliance with new federal rules. It's taking them such a long time now with the documents people have to bring. And their systems have been up and down, too. Ugh. I have to get mine done next year.

MomofPrincessGrace

In MA, they've been processing the new "REAL ID" driver's licenses, in compliance with new federal rules. It's taking them such a long time now with the documents people have to bring. And their systems have been up and down, too. Ugh. I have to get mine done next year.
Our's in Alabama are called "Star ID" and its ridiculous how much longer the waits are. I just bought a new car Monday, and an planning to take off a half day Wednesday just to get it registered. Its always a 2 hour ordeal minimum

bee

Original Poster
Our's in Alabama are called "Star ID" and its ridiculous how much longer the waits are. I just bought a new car Monday, and an planning to take off a half day Wednesday just to get it registered. Its always a 2 hour ordeal minimum
To (and with) you ladies I say, "UGH!"

bee

Original Poster
Tomorrow is the day!! We're checked in for our flight and have A boarding positions. I did mobile checkin for the hotel so we'll see if it actually makes a difference in having our room ready sooner.

I may do some semi-live updating but no guarantees.

This will be a very different trip in a big way. SOME of you know why (if you know you know ;) ) but if you don't you'll have to wait for the full report!

PS @dizfan917 I was wrong, Hunchback rehearsals started last night! The cast is amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom