Pre-Trip One La-ast Ti-ime (Another Swolphin Sandwich!) (This time with POINTS!)

As I promised in my last TR (I know every mile will be worth my while) here is a full, official PTR for our next trip! This time it's just me (Bee, 29), and my wife (M, who will turn 29 during the trip).

Obviously I couldn't settle on a title. The biggest reason we're going now is our APs expire in August and we won't renew until at least mid-2019, so we want to go "one last time" before they expire. Yes, it's a Hamilton reference.

The reason for the second title is: after briefly straying from our favorite not-Disney Disney resorts, we are going back to the Swolphin (the Swan, to be precise)! We are also taking two days in the middle of our trip to visit M's parents, brother, and CAT (Frisky!) in Jacksonville, hence the "Sandwich" part of the equation.

22528226_10212140177557470_6075861244688911093_n.jpg

Sleepy Frisky​

And of course, the POINTS! Since we travel often, for both business and pleasure, we have acquired a fair number of airline and hotel points. We were able to book 2/4 flight segments completely with Southwest points, and the other 2 segments with previous travel credits from a trip we cancelled. We found a great deal at the Swan using part points and part dollars, so it basically works out to paying for two nights and getting one night free with points.

I feel like that was an excessively wordy introductory post, so I will write more trip specifics (dates, ADRs, FPs, and the like) in the next post. Until then, if you'd like to learn what kind of travelers we are, feel free to read some of my old TRs (linked in my signature). Hint: we are not rope-droppers, we are not park commandos, we do not have kids, we like to make time for nice meals, and we can DRINK. ;)

bee

Original Poster
Time for details!

Tuesday, May 22
Early(ish) morning Lyft to EWR
Southwest flight EWR-MCO, land around 11:30am
Lyft to the Swan, check in, leave stuff in room if it's ready or with bell services
Walk/boat to Epcot
Eat at Flower and Garden booths
Maybe a break in the room, maybe not
Eat MORE at Flower and Garden booths
FPs: LWTL, Figment, IllumiNations
Walk/boat to the Swan

Wednesday, May 23 (M's 29th Birthday [no, really])
Sleep in and do whatever we want in the morning
Walk/boat to Epcot
FPs: Frozen, LWTL, SSE
Probably a break in the room, and...
Maybe dinner at Flying Fish. We have a reservation, but M might prefer to eat MORE at Flower and Garden booths, and she's the birthday girl!
Probably IllumiNations from wherever we can find a spot
Walk/boat to the Swan, OR...
Monorail to MK for nighttime EMH if we have the energy! THEN bus to the Swan

Thursday, May 24
Sleep in (probably) OR get up early for Epcot EMH (probably NOT)
Walk/boat to Epcot
Check in for Royal Tea Garden Tour (something new we've never done before...or even heard of!)
Walk/boat to Swan
Pack up and check out
Bus/Lyft to Disney Springs to check out rental car from a DS area hotel
Drive to AKL
Lunch at Sanaa
Drive to Jacksonville
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF

Friday, May 25
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF

Saturday, May 26
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF in the morning, then...
DRIVE BACK TO DISNEY!!!! :joyfull:
Return rental car in DS area, then bus/Lyft to Swan
Check in Swan, leave stuff in room if it's ready or with bell services
Depending on timing, MAYBE back to Epcot, or MAYBE skip to...
Bus to MK
FPs: Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Space Mountain
Bus to Swan
Change in room
Dinner at Il Mulino (unless we feel like just going back for more booth food for dinner!)
Walk/boat to Epcot
Farewell IllumiNations

Sunday, May 27
Check out again :cry:
Lyft to MCO
Flight to EWR
Lyft home
Take a nap and freshen up, because then we're attending a friend's wedding that same night in Brooklyn!

bee

Original Poster
One of the most exciting things about this trip is that WE ARE GOING DURING FLOWER AND GARDEN!!! We were a little bummed that our last trip fell between the F.Arts (haha sorry guys...blame @sheriffwoody) and F&G so we wouldn't get to experience either.

I posted about this at the end of my last full TR, but originally we were going to go during July. But things shifted around and May presented itself as the better option. When we realized that the new dates coincided with F&G we were thrilled!

Of course a big part of F&G is the FOOD (and drinks!) Here are a few of the things we are looking forward to (photos NOT mine):

Berry Basket

Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Crisp Quinoa, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-The-Berry-Basket-Field-Greens-2-700x525.jpg

Jardin de Fiestas

Rose Margarita

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Jardin-de-Fiestas-Rose-Margarita-1-700x555.jpg

Lotus House

Vegetable Spring Rolls

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Lotus-House-Vegetable-Spring-Rolls-1-700x525.jpg

We've had these every time we've attended F&G and they are AMAZING.

Peach Tea with Black Tea and Milk

Peach-Oolong-Bubble-Tea-566x625.jpg

Bauernmarkt

Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce

Potato-Pancakes-with-house-made-Apple-Sauce-600x458.jpg

Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries

flowerandgarden_bauernmarkt_strudel1.jpg

To BEE Continued!

bee

Original Poster
Primavera Kitchen

Frittata di Asparagi: Asparagus Frittata, Mixed Greens and Citrus Dressing

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Primavera-Kitchen-frittata-700x577.jpg

(Glad to see something other than a veggie ravioli of some kind)

Taste of Marrakesh

Fried Cauliflower with Capers, Garlic Parsley and Chili Ranch Sauce

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Taste-of-Marrakesh-Fried-Cauliflower-with-Capers-Garlic-Parsley-and-Chili-Ranch-Sauce-Close-Up-700x452.jpg

Florida Fresh

Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue

2017-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Preview-Florida-Fresh-Key-Lime-Tart-2-700x570.jpg

Fleur de Lys

Tarte à la Tomate Provençale: Provencal Tomato Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Pastry Crust

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Fleur-de-Lys-Provencal-Tomato-Tart-with-Saut%C3%A9ed-Onions-Fresh-Thyme-and-Rosemary-on-a-Flaky-Pastry-Crust-700x525.jpg

Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-Fleur-de-Lys-Large-Chocolate-Macaron-Lollipop-450x600.jpg

And don't worry, OF COURSE I couldn't forget...

The Honey Bee-stro

Roasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Puree, Wild Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, Honey Blistered Grapes and Sunflower Brittle

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-The-Honey-Bee-Stro-Roasted-Cauliflower-450x600.jpg

Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses

2018-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Festival-The-Honey-Bee-Stro-Local-Wildflower-Honey-Mascarpone-Cheesecake-Closeup-450x600.jpg

SIGN. ME. UP.

bee

Original Poster
YAY!! I'm totally in!
Yay! Welcome!

Yay!! Less than a month to go!! How exciting!!:)
Yay! We are SO excited!!

Looks like a super busy itinerary! I know you guys are going to have a blast. I look forward to hearing more.
Welcome! We can't wait!

Yay for one more trip! Your title did not remind me of Hamilton but instead an Ariana Grande song called One Last Time and now it is stuck in my head :hilarious:
Haha, I forgot that song existed (I only listen to pop music passively...like if it's on in a store or in a movie or something) but now that you mention it, I ALSO have it stuck in my head!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Time for details!

Tuesday, May 22
Early(ish) morning Lyft to EWR
Southwest flight EWR-MCO, land around 11:30am
Lyft to the Swan, check in, leave stuff in room if it's ready or with bell services
Walk/boat to Epcot
Maybe a break in the room, maybe not
Eat MORE at Flower and Garden booths
FPs: LWTL, Figment, IllumiNations
Walk/boat to the Swan

Wednesday, May 23 (M's 29th Birthday [no, really])
Sleep in and do whatever we want in the morning
Walk/boat to Epcot
FPs: Frozen, LWTL, SSE
Probably a break in the room, and...
Maybe dinner at Flying Fish. We have a reservation, but M might prefer to eat MORE at Flower and Garden booths, and she's the birthday girl!
Probably IllumiNations from wherever we can find a spot
Walk/boat to the Swan, OR...
Monorail to MK for nighttime EMH if we have the energy! THEN bus to the Swan

Thursday, May 24
Sleep in (probably) OR get up early for Epcot EMH (probably NOT)
Walk/boat to Epcot
Check in for Royal Tea Garden Tour (something new we've never done before...or even heard of!)
Walk/boat to Swan
Pack up and check out
Bus/Lyft to Disney Springs to check out rental car from a DS area hotel
Drive to AKL
Lunch at Sanaa
Drive to Jacksonville
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF

Friday, May 25
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF

Saturday, May 26
BORING NON-DISNEY STUFF in the morning, then...
DRIVE BACK TO DISNEY!!!! :joyfull:
Return rental car in DS area, then bus/Lyft to Swan
Check in Swan, leave stuff in room if it's ready or with bell services
Depending on timing, MAYBE back to Epcot, or MAYBE skip to...
Bus to MK
FPs: Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Space Mountain
Bus to Swan
Change in room
Dinner at Il Mulino (unless we feel like just going back for more booth food for dinner!)
Walk/boat to Epcot
Farewell IllumiNations

Sunday, May 27
Check out again :cry:
Lyft to MCO
Flight to EWR
Lyft home
Take a nap and freshen up, because then we're attending a friend's wedding that same night in Brooklyn!

That's quite an itinerary, and you have all your details lined up like ducks in a row. :happy:

When I've gone to WDW, it was always for 3-4 days. This would be my sample itinerary:

Day 1
whatever
Day 2
whatever
Day 3
whatever
Day 4
whatever

:D :D

bee

Original Poster
Following along! Looks like a great trip!
Welcome!

Have a great time! You won't regret eating that tomato tart in France, it was one of my favorite festival foods this year.
Thank you! My crystal ball says M and I will each have our own instead of sharing! :eek:

Have fun @bee ! That chocolate macaron lollipop was amazing, we got them twice!
I can't wait!

Following along! Have a great trip!
Thank you!

That's quite an itinerary, and you have all your details lined up like ducks in a row. :happy:

When I've gone to WDW, it was always for 3-4 days. This would be my sample itinerary:

Day 1
whatever
Day 2
whatever
Day 3
whatever
Day 4
whatever

:D:D
Let's be real, we end up changing/cancelling half our plans in favor of relaxation, every trip. But I love planning, so I always make more plans than we'll actually follow through with! :joyfull:

bee

Original Poster
I love Flower and Garden Festival. The food is just as good as the Food & Wine I think, plus it is just so gorgeous.
I totally agree! I used to be a bigger fan of F&W but as time has gone on the food at F&G has gotten better and better, and (for now) there are fewer sloppy drunks at F&G.

So annoyed because they didn't have those when my mom went & when I go F and G will be over :arghh::arghh:
Nooooo :arghh:

I’m glad you are not throwing away your shot.....

I have the honor to be(e)
Your Obiedient Servant,
L.Belle

I crack myself up :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Perfect! There's a Hamilton reference for everything!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom