one-fifth scale model of disney

Chernobog

Original Poster
Did a search and didn't see this... I found a link to pictures of Bobby Sherman's one-fifth scale model of Disneyland's Main Street that he built in his backyard. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.bobbysherman.com/disney.htm

(hope it's okay to post links on here. I couldn't find anything about it in the F.A.Q. just now.)

Chernobog

Original Poster
Forget the toy for a moment...wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of time on your hands! He did do a really nice job of it though. Glad you liked it.

Way cool, Can I have one? with a Railroad as well?
I have my monorail toy but man that is intense!!
Thanks
R

Gorjus

Ahhhhh!!!! Bobby Sherman....***swoon***:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I'm guessing some of you who responded to this thread have no idea who Bobby Sherman is.

Vernonpush

Ahhhhh!!!! Bobby Sherman....***swoon***:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I'm guessing some of you who responded to this thread have no idea who Bobby Sherman is.
Is that THE Bobby Sherman (from Here Come The Brides, I think that was the name of the TV show)? He dosen't look old enough in the pic. to be the same one:lol: .

Gorjus

Is that THE Bobby Sherman (from Here Come The Brides, I think that was the name of the TV show)? He dosen't look old enough in the pic. to be the same one:lol: .

It sure is. The picture was taken years ago. Check out the rest of the site and see what he is up to. He is a police officer who teaches EMT. He is a grandfather. He is still pretty good looking.

macsmom

I wonder if he still has the models? I remember reading about all this something like 35 years ago! I am really dating myself here. :D Let's just say I liked Bobby Sherman when everyone else liked David Cassidy! I wonder what it takes to maintain those.

danna

wdwCC

Didn't he also have a one hit wonder? Don't remember the name of the song though. I do remember watching Here Come The Brides.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One of his hits was that incredibly sad song about the tree and the wife..."Honey" was the name of the song.

CBOMB

He first started singing on Shindig back in 1964. I guess one of his biggest hit songs was Easy Come Easy Go. Just like Gorjus there were a lot of young ladies who swoomed over Bobby Sherman. It's hard to believe he is 64 now. I guess some of us are getting older also. He sure did do a nice job of his scale model of Main Street USA.

macsmom

I think his first hit was "Little Woman" and then "Seattle" which was where "Here Come The Brides" was located. After that was "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Julie, Do You Love Me". Hey, I told you I was a fan! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: The man is still gorgeous after all these years. :cool:

danna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom