Trip Report One enormous BirthdayversaryPalooza! aka 2 Broke Guys & a dog & Irma COMPLETED

We've been using the "2 Broke Guys" moniker for so long now, we've outlasted the TV show "2 Broke Girls" on which it was based. (Canceled!)

The idea was a year+ of saving Disney Chase Visa points to see if we could go to Victoria & Albert's for our 10 year wedding anniversary completely on their dime - and keeping a running total including additions and withdrawals (for little WDW trips along the way) much like they did at the end of every episode of that TV show - like this:

$1,678.91

And that figure is actually what we have left to spend on our trip - about double what we would need for our V&A dinner! Not to mention: points paid for our 2 AP's, some of our lodging for this trip, and many mini-trips along the way. All that meandering, planning, brainstorming and trip reporting is on this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...table-of-contents.909657/page-43#post-7874545

But that can take awhile. I'll give a little background in another post. Shout out to @dizfan917 for accidentally naming this thread in a post on that one, and to @Tuvalu for inspiring the "mother thread" with links to other thread(s) format.

Also to all those who have been following all this time! As those folks know, I go back and forth between posting with my phone and my laptop, and I'm more comfortable on the laptop. I'm using the phone now, whilst not asleep in Orlando, and anxious to get this first post out of the way before I do something to accidentally make it go poof! I will tag the others in a separate post.

Can't believe we're finally here!!

21stamps

SoBe is a nightmare to me. Obviously I’m biased, but my husband is the beverage manager at the Margaritaville resort in Hollywood which is right on the beach. I bet kiddo would love the wave pool.

Too expensive :(. I had to change dates at last second.. originally was supposed to go to KW post cruise, but didn’t realize that kiddo receives a sacrament that week. (Irresponsible Mom moment!). So now I have to do pre cruise 16th or 17th- 19th, and one night in SoFla post cruise. I think Margaritaville was over $400 per night on those dates..and with flight times we would arrive at 8pm on the first night.. so really only one day at the hotel. I can’t justify that for such a short stay, not with the airfare prices of the new dates.lol. It’s nuts! Outside of the Diplomat and Margaritaville I don’t know anything about Hollywood Beach hotels, I’m scared to choose a total dive so figured SoBe and Ft Laud are a little more safe.

Here- +$50 Resort Fee.
I should have cruised out of PC and done Disney!

ETA- sent you a pm so I’m not detracting your trip report.

Attachments

• D0FD2B16-36BA-46E0-B38F-7E33485313B7.jpeg
    D0FD2B16-36BA-46E0-B38F-7E33485313B7.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I may be..:cautious:

...and thank you, and

PUPPIES!!! Who’s their daddy? :confused: Another Shepherd? A Lab? So cute. We always meant to get a Shep-Lab to hang with our Shep-Chow.

@Tuvalu there will be no bathroom pics at my new store - omg I will have nightmares about cleaning that and haven’t even done it yet. Bottle of bleach I’m the toilet tomorrow and buying a new seat. #noflowers

I still can't believe we lived through Irma together but separately. Urgh. :mad: Like we need a mini keep up happy place.

Zipadeelady

How did I miss this back in the day? So glad @Tuvalu tagged you so I could read about your Albert & Victoria experience. Ok, I ended up reading the whole report. Your inbox is now completely bombarded. I couldn't help myself. Soooo good. What a great trip even with Irma causing problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom