Trip Report One enormous BirthdayversaryPalooza! aka 2 Broke Guys & a dog & Irma COMPLETED

We've been using the "2 Broke Guys" moniker for so long now, we've outlasted the TV show "2 Broke Girls" on which it was based. (Canceled!)

The idea was a year+ of saving Disney Chase Visa points to see if we could go to Victoria & Albert's for our 10 year wedding anniversary completely on their dime - and keeping a running total including additions and withdrawals (for little WDW trips along the way) much like they did at the end of every episode of that TV show - like this:

$1,678.91

And that figure is actually what we have left to spend on our trip - about double what we would need for our V&A dinner! Not to mention: points paid for our 2 AP's, some of our lodging for this trip, and many mini-trips along the way. All that meandering, planning, brainstorming and trip reporting is on this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...table-of-contents.909657/page-43#post-7874545

But that can take awhile. I'll give a little background in another post. Shout out to @dizfan917 for accidentally naming this thread in a post on that one, and to @Tuvalu for inspiring the "mother thread" with links to other thread(s) format.

Also to all those who have been following all this time! As those folks know, I go back and forth between posting with my phone and my laptop, and I'm more comfortable on the laptop. I'm using the phone now, whilst not asleep in Orlando, and anxious to get this first post out of the way before I do something to accidentally make it go poof! I will tag the others in a separate post.

Can't believe we're finally here!!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Your dinner at Jiko - Wait! I want someone to get my opinion on a bottle of wine! Also, hibiscus-candied apples sound interesting…

Kylie looks like such a sweet pup! Leaving my dog child behind is always the hardest part of vacation.

So glad that everything worked out in dealing with Irma, especially being able to have Kylie with you!

A KTTK tour is definitely on my ‘things that maybe once I feel like I’ve spent enough time at WDW I’ll take the time to do’ list.

That soup from Victoria & Albert’s looked so good! I’m really surprised there was no bread service with that course because I’m like you. Soup and bread are always a good combo. And yes, my last bite on a plate has to be the best too!

Glad to hear Brian’s new job was cool with him taking his time getting home. Hope the new job is going well too!

Greatly enjoyed your report!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride-along.

B's job is going really well already, we're both pretty psyched.

His car got stuck there tonight and I had to drive down to Margaritaville to jump start it.

Know what that meant?

Yup. Another banana bread pudding!

IMG_2858.JPG

Wheeeeeeeee!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I'm so sad this report is over! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm glad your 10th anniversary was wonderful. Here's to many more! (pretend we have champagne --- *clink*)

Thank you! The truth: I'm sad it's over, too!

I'm clinking with a real glass of vanilla Crown Royal :eek::joyfull: my latest find.

Uhhh that resort looks awesome! I definitely need to go there. Do you mind sharing where this is? (what part of FL?)

It's Margaritaville in Hollywood, FL (South Florida between Fort Lauderdale and Miami.)

They have many locations, including one in Orlando that I hear has a volcano (!) and is in/near Universal - and is pet friendly! (This may factor into future trip reports!) They are also already building another one on 192 in the Kissimmee area, so if they send Brian up to help out...hmm...may have to get a new annual pass sooner than expected!

Enjoyed reading all about your planning leading up to the trip and finally the trip itself! Thanks for sharing.
Happy to hear that everything worked out for you guys with Irma and good luck to Brian with his new job!
I look forward to your cruise PTR.

Thank you! The cruise will require a big learning curve, so I'll probably be asking lots of questions and figuring things out with you guys LOL. :happy:

You'll all be like :rolleyes: by page two.

krisri18

God only knows! LOL. Stay in the castle? :hilarious:

There are still things we haven't done and want to do, I assume some will happen before then, but we'd love to stay at a boardwalk resort so we can just walk to parks; we'd love to stay at the Poly.

So maybe for the 20th, that would translate to a Poly bungalow? Or longer time at the GF?

While we loved the club level, I have to do the math re: how much extra we paid for the room vs. what we got out of that service. As we all know, Disney deals don't always make sense for everyone (dining plan, Epcot food and wine food/drink tickets, etc.)

Also, depending on how it turns out, maybe that new (will be old by then with a broken Chewbacca) Star Wars hotel experience thingy.

Hmmm...now you've got me thinking. I guess things will be a lot different by then.
It's all in the Disney math! I'm sure you can earn enough rewards dollars in 10 years to pay for a bungalow at the Poly, chef's table at Jiko, and whatever new ultimate upcharge experience Disney has thought up for Star Wars land! Maybe you can borrow some of that Shirley celebrity status from @Tuvalu to really make it special ;)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Nothing is definite yet, but...

These guys:

IMG_2835.JPG

are Jeff and Billy. Jeff, on the right, has been friends with Brian for at least 20 years, and with me for about 12.

They live in Atlanta and are getting married on Cinco de Mayo in South Carolina at the beach.

Jeff's Atlanta friends want to throw him a bachelor party around March 30.

Why so early? I don't think we can go.

...in Orlando!

:eek::eek:

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don’t know where else to put this, because I don’t have a trip report endlessly going on :p but I am opening a second location of my record store, hopefully in time for Black Friday.

Good thing we didn’t renew AP’s - going to be busy and out of :greedy: for a bit.

My goodness, you remind me of the old commercials with the Energizer Bunny!! Two stores now?! Wow!

That's exciting news about your expansion, and I wish you every success. (Has Kylie seen the new location yet? ;) Just wondering if she's given it, the 4 paws up approval rating yet.) :joyfull:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Wonderful store news, Tony! :)

That's my old stomping ground as we lived near the intersection of Commercial and University.

You could walk there! Just south of commercial. There used to be an uncle Sam’s record store there.

My goodness, you remind me of the old commercials with the Energizer Bunny!! Two stores now?! Wow!

That's exciting news about your expansion, and I wish you every success. (Has Kylie seen the new location yet? ;) Just wondering if she's given it, the 4 paws up approval rating yet.) :joyfull:

I thought about bringing her with me tonight – I have to go drop off some stuff and see if the lights are on yet. But then I can’t stop at Publix on the way home LOL.

PacNWTigger

Sorry for the "like" overload. I got a little behind on everybody's ongoing TR's due to my own little DLR trip and my furbaby, Kricket, having a litter of puppies. I think it's a pretty valid excuse...hehe ;)
Kricket and babies.jpg

Perfect puppies.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us, and congratulations not only on your 10 year anniversary with an incredible man...but Brian doing well at his new job, Kylie feeling better after her tummy debacle, and for you opening another shop!! I'm confident you'll be back in the Disney bubble sooner than you think, and I hope to hear all about it when you do! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom