Trip Report One enormous BirthdayversaryPalooza! aka 2 Broke Guys & a dog & Irma COMPLETED

We've been using the "2 Broke Guys" moniker for so long now, we've outlasted the TV show "2 Broke Girls" on which it was based. (Canceled!)

The idea was a year+ of saving Disney Chase Visa points to see if we could go to Victoria & Albert's for our 10 year wedding anniversary completely on their dime - and keeping a running total including additions and withdrawals (for little WDW trips along the way) much like they did at the end of every episode of that TV show - like this:

$1,678.91

And that figure is actually what we have left to spend on our trip - about double what we would need for our V&A dinner! Not to mention: points paid for our 2 AP's, some of our lodging for this trip, and many mini-trips along the way. All that meandering, planning, brainstorming and trip reporting is on this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...table-of-contents.909657/page-43#post-7874545

But that can take awhile. I'll give a little background in another post. Shout out to @dizfan917 for accidentally naming this thread in a post on that one, and to @Tuvalu for inspiring the "mother thread" with links to other thread(s) format.

Also to all those who have been following all this time! As those folks know, I go back and forth between posting with my phone and my laptop, and I'm more comfortable on the laptop. I'm using the phone now, whilst not asleep in Orlando, and anxious to get this first post out of the way before I do something to accidentally make it go poof! I will tag the others in a separate post.

Can't believe we're finally here!!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Sorry for the "like" overload. I got a little behind on everybody's ongoing TR's due to my own little DLR trip and my furbaby, Kricket, having a litter of puppies. I think it's a pretty valid excuse...hehe ;)View attachment 237499
View attachment 237500
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us, and congratulations not only on your 10 year anniversary with an incredible man...but Brian doing well at his new job, Kylie feeling better after her tummy debacle, and for you opening another shop!! I'm confident you'll be back in the Disney bubble sooner than you think, and I hope to hear all about it when you do! :D

I may be..:cautious:

...and thank you, and

PUPPIES!!! Who’s their daddy? :confused: Another Shepherd? A Lab? So cute. We always meant to get a Shep-Lab to hang with our Shep-Chow.

@Tuvalu there will be no bathroom pics at my new store - omg I will have nightmares about cleaning that and haven’t even done it yet. Bottle of bleach I’m the toilet tomorrow and buying a new seat. #noflowers

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ha!

They were a surprise that was given the day we drove up. (When I have surprises, I hate waiting lol.) He was into it!

It was a great time - thanks!

I'm going to step out of the TR for just a moment to update our Irma status, and the TR will fill in how it all came about. (I posted some on the Irma thread already.)

We are safe. We are still in Orlando (Kissimmee) at a big hotel near Arabian Nights. Brian's Dad and two brothers and their families came here from Melbourne, WPB, and Ft Lauderdale and we are all on the same floor with kitchens, etc. Kylie is with us because the hotel waived their pet policy. She is fine (but I wish she would poop soon! I keep walking her lol. Pretty soon that will not be fun.)

Nothing has hit here yet. Curfew is from 7pm tonight until 6pm Monday. We are hoping to leave on Tuesday to go home. We think our home will fare much better than we thought a few days ago, and are monitoring via neighbors and friends on Facebook, text, Zello, etc.

And yes, we have wine, beer, and Crown Royal apple. :)

So far, so good.

Blah! i wish I would have paid attention to the dates. We were at the Wilderness the week before and after Irma.

Fortunately it was uneventful beyond the 2 day hiatus. Great trip report!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry for the "like" overload. I got a little behind on everybody's ongoing TR's due to my own little DLR trip and my furbaby, Kricket, having a litter of puppies. I think it's a pretty valid excuse...hehe ;)View attachment 237499
View attachment 237500
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us, and congratulations not only on your 10 year anniversary with an incredible man...but Brian doing well at his new job, Kylie feeling better after her tummy debacle, and for you opening another shop!! I'm confident you'll be back in the Disney bubble sooner than you think, and I hope to hear all about it when you do! :D

Oh my, those photos of the mom and her puppies are precious!! They are such beautiful dogs. @Tony the Tigger , did you show Kylie the pictures on the screen, shared by PacNWTigger? :cat:

PacNWTigger

Drunk Jaeger puppy.jpg

This is Jaeger. He's the daddy of the puppies. This is him after he found out that Kricket was preggers...LOL! :hilarious:
Sleepy dogs.jpg

Both full German Shepherds. We could have gotten them registered with AKC, but it's more money and they are simply our pets.

So when is this next trip, huh? ;)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
View attachment 237606
This is Jaeger. He's the daddy of the puppies. This is him after he found out that Kricket was preggers...LOL! :hilarious:
View attachment 237610
Both full German Shepherds. We could have gotten them registered with AKC, but it's more money and they are simply our pets.

So when is this next trip, huh? ;)

omg I love these pics! Congrats from cousin Kylie!

21stamps

I have a lot Of catching up to do on your trips? But kind to go totally off-topic to ask you something,

What the heck is with all of these new hotels in Fort Lauderdale?! I don’t even recognize half of the names! Have you been to the B resort For dinner or drinks? After more investigation I found out that they just took over an existing hotel I forget the name of the old one, I thought it used to be a Marriott or something.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I have a lot Of catching up to do on your trips? But kind to go totally off-topic to ask you something,

What the heck is with all of these new hotels in Fort Lauderdale?! I don’t even recognize half of the names! Have you been to the B resort For dinner or drinks? After more investigation I found out that they just took over an existing hotel I forget the name of the old one, I thought it used to be a Marriott or something.

Meh. When you live here, you don’t pay attention so much. A couple of friends have been staying at the W at a great government rate, so we’ve been there lately.

21stamps

Meh. When you live here, you don’t pay attention so much. A couple of friends have been staying at the W at a great government rate, so we’ve been there lately.

We used to go have drinks at the W occasionally, and out of town friends would stay there as well.
I did hang out at the Diplomat in Hollywood quite a bit, for dinner or drinks.

Don’t want to stay at either one, looking for a smaller hotel in SoBe or near Las Olas Beach. It’s giving me a headache...any SoBe one that I like- doesn’t allow children.lol

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
We used to go have drinks at the W occasionally, and out of town friends would stay there as well.
I did hang out at the Diplomat in Hollywood quite a bit, for dinner or drinks.

Don’t want to stay at either one, looking for a smaller hotel in SoBe or near Las Olas Beach. It’s giving me a headache...any SoBe one that I like- doesn’t allow children.lol

SoBe is a nightmare to me. Obviously I’m biased, but my husband is the beverage manager at the Margaritaville resort in Hollywood which is right on the beach. I bet kiddo would love the wave pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom