News One Day at Disney CM Documentary (Secret Project) D23 Announcement

Stripes

Premium Member
Only if I can ride in your DeLorean 😎
But really, they’re announcing what it is tomorrow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe that the general consensus seems to be that it'll probably be Disney Cruise Line news revolving around their new ships and island destination called Lighthouse Point that'll feature a resort hotel.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/predictions-secret-wdc-project-—-august-22-d23.956974/

You’re probably in the ballpark.

I hadn’t seen the Caribbean idea...but that makes a lot of sense. They have people that buy DVC like sailors on shore leave and those that hammer short duration/repetitive DCL itineraries over and over and over and over again...

Why not marry the two?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe that the general consensus seems to be that it'll probably be Disney Cruise Line news revolving around their new ships and island destination called Lighthouse Point that'll feature a resort hotel.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/predictions-secret-wdc-project-—-august-22-d23.956974/
Except why break that out from the normal P&R presentation where they normally talk about DCL? You don't need a whole hour to discuss the already announced new cruise ships and a new resort destination.

Its possible, but I put it low on my prediction list.

Mac Tonight

I kind of doubt it is P&R, other than maybe a new resort in another foreign country. But its still interesting to talk about.

It's likely a corporate initiative, like a new business venture.
1) It's not in a main hall.
2) It's only an hour presentation.
3) It's being billed as a "company" project.

All those point towards something smaller and more initiative driven like you say.
Some new recycling program or even a larger scope rewards system.

We'll know soon enough.

*Q*

Except why break that out from the normal P&R presentation where they normally talk about DCL? You don't need a whole hour to discuss the already announced new cruise ships and a new resort destination.

Its possible, but I put it low on my prediction list.
They could easily fill an hour. Spend a few minutes recapping the history of DCL, reveal the names of the new ships, stats about size and build and such, where they'll be sailing to, when they're debuting, what unique amenities they'll be offering, and then pretty much all of the same type of stuff for the new island and resort. We're getting pretty close to when the booking period would theoretically open up for the new ship in 2021, so this kind of announcement has to happen sooner rather than later. Might as well be at the Expo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They could easily fill an hour. Spend a few minutes recapping the history of DCL, reveal the names of the new ships, stats about size and build and such, where they'll be sailing to, when they're debuting, what unique amenities they'll be offering, and then pretty much all of the same type of stuff for the new island and resort. We're getting pretty close to when the booking period would theoretically open up for the new ship in 2021, so this kind of announcement has to happen sooner rather than later. Might as well be at the Expo.
Since you’re omnipotent...just tell us now 😎

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Couple rumors I heard today:

Revitalizing and rebranding Go as a social media platform.

Partnering with a company like Dish with their recently acquired spectrum and launching Disney Cellular.

I think both would be late to market, but interesting thoughts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom