News One Day at Disney CM Documentary (Secret Project) D23 Announcement

Sharon&Susan

The documentary has been released today. Haven't been able to watch it, but the description makes it sound like a fluff piece, maybe it'll surprise me like with the Imagineering Story when I watch it later today.

Sharon&Susan

Meh. It definitely is a fluff piece.

Odd choice to use Eric Goldberg as the sole representative of Disney animation when he hasn't worked on a Disney feature in years.

Mac Tonight

I give it a 6/10.

I really thought this was going to be a series rather than a one-off "feature length" documentary (just barely makes that distinction at 59 minutes).
What would have made it less of a puff piece and actually more interesting would have been to actually follow each cast member for a full day doing their jobs, instead of a more standard broader overview of what they do... you know... one day at a time??

Also, I agree that having Iger sprinkled throughout was kind of cringe, and when he mentioned how happy he is that the company keeps "taking risks" I may have audibly snorted and spit out a piece of apple.

Stevek

I finally got around to starting to watch these. It's a little sad to watch when you have to wonder how many of these people no longer have their jobs.
I've enjoyed it. One of my regular Friday watchlist items. But agree, sad that some of these folks may no longer be with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom