ON or OFF Site

phenom1307

which one is preferred? i personally like staying on-site cause you don't have to worry about driving to the park and paying for the ticket and when youre done walking for the past 12 hours and its time to go back to the hotel the last thing id want to do is drive. on-site you get the perks of going into the parks earlier or later depending on the day and park, transportation to and from the parks...plus it just feels more exciting and fun to me to stay on-site

blackerbys17

Usually on-site, it is wayyyy better in my opinion even though it's twice as expensive. This next trip I'll be staying at Bonnett Creek, not a Disney resort, but still on WDW property in the Epcot area. I couldn't resist a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa for $222 a night!

So the question is, does that count as on-site? After all, I am on WDW property, (not in the Downtown Disney area) and I am in the Epcot resort area...:confused:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Usually on-site, it is wayyyy better in my opinion even though it's twice as expensive. This next trip I'll be staying at Bonnett Creek, not a Disney resort, but still on WDW property in the Epcot area. I couldn't resist a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa for $222 a night!

So the question is, does that count as on-site? After all, I am on WDW property, (not in the Downtown Disney area) and I am in the Epcot resort area...:confused:
Technically.... you are not on property. While the parcel of land Bonnett is on is inside the borders of WDW it is not owned by Disney and since you are staying at the evil resort that is going to build buildings visible from Epcot prepare to be shunned by the Disney faithful.:lol:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

If I was going with a large group where it would be much cheaper and easier to rent a house or condo, I would.
But if it's just me, the boy, and/or my nephews it's on-site all the way.

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

(puts on her deflecting shield and prepares for the battle that is sure to ensue...)

LOL:lol: , yeah, I had read that some people felt that way about Bonnett Creek. Personally, I love the idea that I can stay in an actual house setting (a full kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, etc.) inside the WDW borders without having to spend a fortune to stay at one of the WDW villas.

My DH isn't really a WDW fan, blasphemy, I know. His biggest pet peeve whenever we go is that we have no privacy, that the kids are always on top of us. We stayed at the Family Suite at the All Star Music once and he really seemed to enjoy that, but at $250 a night, it was kind of pricey. Last year we had a big party for my son at Epcot and we rented a 7 bedroom house about 2.5 miles away from WDW. That was bliss!!! But it would have been even more perfect had we been inside the WDW boundaries.

I think Bonnett Creek is the best of both worlds. You're there, but not really, which means you get the Disney experience without the Disney price. My only gripe about them is I wish they had more units available more often. I've been calling for a year and they are always booked! I was very surprised to get my upcoming dates.

Maybe Disney will use some of that land they have lying around and build some more affordable vacation villas. I hope so. We just have a better time whenever we stay in a homelike setting.

Until then, Bonnett Creek here we come!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
(puts on her deflecting shield and prepares for the battle that is sure to ensue...)

LOL:lol: , yeah, I had read that some people felt that way about Bonnett Creek. Personally, I love the idea that I can stay in an actual house setting (a full kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, etc.) inside the WDW borders without having to spend a fortune to stay at one of the WDW villas.

My DH isn't really a WDW fan, blasphemy, I know. His biggest pet peeve whenever we go is that we have no privacy, that the kids are always on top of us. We stayed at the Family Suite at the All Star Music once and he really seemed to enjoy that, but at $250 a night, it was kind of pricey. Last year we had a big party for my son at Epcot and we rented a 7 bedroom house about 2.5 miles away from WDW. That was bliss!!! But it would have been even more perfect had we been inside the WDW boundaries.

I think Bonnett Creek is the best of both worlds. You're there, but not really, which means you get the Disney experience without the Disney price. My only gripe about them is I wish they had more units available more often. I've been calling for a year and they are always booked! I was very surprised to get my upcoming dates.

Maybe Disney will use some of that land they have lying around and build some more affordable vacation villas. I hope so. We just have a better time whenever we stay in a homelike setting.

Until then, Bonnett Creek here we come!!!:sohappy:
I know exactly what you mean. We have 3 kids and when you cram all of us into a room at PORS it is extremely tight. We always wanted to try the value suites but the price was too high especially when you consider AP rates (we could get 3 AP rooms at a value for the same price as rack rate on a suite). Finally over labor day weekend they put an AP rate on the suites (around $180-$190 after tax) so we gave then a try and we really, really liked it.

We are a little gun shy of staying off site anymore. The only time we do it is if WDW is booked up for a last minute trip and in every case it has been a bad experience.

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

I'm with some of the other posters when I say ON site all the wayyyyyyyy. You really are emerged in the magic when you stay onsite, however it would be pretty cool to drive through those wonderful gates everyday of my vacation lol:p

Upvote 0

pacochran

We've only staid on site, and wouldn't think of any other way. Of coarse we are now DVC members also. The only time we stay off site is if we are visiting other locations in Florida. Last year we did Universal and staid on site there and this year we are going to do a couple days on the gulf coast. BUt when doing Disney it's a must to stay on site.

Upvote 0

Disnut

The last time we went we stayed on site. We have always stayed off site. Well now I say will say never off site again if I can help it.

*This is my 600th post* yippie

Upvote 0
off site for me but only if it was in a villa (staying in small room hotel and high meal costs just doesn't do it for me) if staying off-site the accommodation has to be at high standards otherwise it just ruins a great holiday. though i can see the plus side to the resort hotels that are only a 5min walk but would have to still rent a car as i just love the freedom.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I don't care either way. Both have their perks.

On site you get the extra magic hours and the Disney scenery. Off site you actually get a big enough space to breathe in.

I tend to go back and forth and do one trip staying in a nice 2 bedroom luxury condo and the next staying on Disney property. I enjoy them both equally.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I prefer on-site, but have enjoyed off-site once. My ex-In-Laws invited DS and I to stay with them in February this year. We rented a car and got APs and a DDE card and had a really great time. We have stayed on-site our 7 other trips, once with our car, the rest using the buses. It is nice to have a car, even if you don't regularly use it. Resort-to-resort travel is horrible without it.

I think the main draw on-site is the fully self-contained, Disney-immersive secure environment.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

For my family and me personally, and maybe people on here on site for one basic reason. When we enter WDW all our problems that are outside stay there, and don't follow us inside. While there we don't really follow the news, barely watch tv news or read the papers even though they are there for us all to pickup and check out every day. For me I don't even wonder what's happening back home until we leave property. Nuff said. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom