On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's the margin on a parking spot at the Grand Floridian?
100%...

Which is why itā€™s ultimately bad taste.

1. Why promote ā€œone of a kind experiencesā€ and nickel and dime the concrete...am I in Jackson, New Jersey??
2. Why does the concrete cost ā€œmoreā€ around the seven seas and ā€œlessā€ off victory way?
You just proved youā€™re indiscriminately nickel and diming.

Tacky.

DVCakaCarlF

100%...

1. Why promote ā€œone of a kind experiencesā€ and nickel and dime the concrete...am I in Jackson, New Jersey??
2. Why does the concrete cost ā€œmoreā€ around the seven seas and ā€œlessā€ off victory way?

Tacky.
I will say that the parking fee was probably developed to charge folks who come over to the resorts just to watch HEA from the sand of Poly.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Are you suggesting this is a poor life decision? Seems like itā€™s a smart decision to pay monthly for monthly access rather than paying up front for a year especially if the cost isnā€™t significantly different.
These programs are a marketing ploy to get people who can't afford the passes (or the cars) to buy them anyways.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
100%...

Tacky.

I would love to see a parking thread again. It's been too long.

RaiseTheShields

Arrange your financing first, then you're free to negotiate the out the door price without worrying about your payment. When you're in the F&I office, you tell them, this is my rate - if you can beat it while maintaining the out-the-door price, then we have a deal. That's how I've always bought my cars.

If the salesperson starts talking about monthly payments, change the topic back to the our the door price.
Thatā€™s exactly what happened the last time I bought a car. The salesperson didnā€™t seem to understand the concept of not negotiating monthly payments. Then the sleazy finance guy tried to get me to sign an agreement where they changed the numbers.

bryanfze55

These programs are a marketing ploy to get people who can't afford the passes (or the cars) to buy them anyways.

Define afford. As in, needs to put the APs on a credit card? Or as in, doesnā€™t meet some subjective income level needed to go to Disney?

I know plenty of people (myself included) who prefer having predictable and consistent monthly cash outflow and also having the extra cash on hand ā€œjust in case.ā€ Why run down your savings when you can get a 0% loan?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thatā€™s exactly what happened the last time I bought a car. The salesperson didnā€™t seem to understand the concept of not negotiating monthly payments. Then the sleazy finance guy tried to get me to sign an agreement where they changed the numbers.
The last time I did dealer financing (which I donā€™t typically do)...

They tried to tack 4% interest on...based on a false credit score they claimed was an ā€œerrorā€ on their part. No...thatā€™s not illegal. They can write whatever terms they want if Iā€™ll sign it.

So obviously I wouldnā€™t bother with that again.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbagā„¢
Premium Member

Donā€™t be afraid to get up and walk. Last year I nearly bought an Audi A6, but when they started to play with the numbers at the F&I office, I got up and walked.

They had already detailed the Audi and moved my license plate and personal belongings over. I made them put everything back.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbagā„¢
Premium Member

Some purchasers may be that way. Others - like me - prefer to stay as liquid as possible.

I bought a Gibson guitar last year because of 0%f financing. Never mind that I could buy it cash, I just didnā€™t want to. If someone else wants to give me money at 0% to buy, Iā€™ll use that same cash to invest or earn some interest on.

Arrange your financing first, then you're free to negotiate the out the door price without worrying about your payment. When you're in the F&I office, you tell them, this is my rate - if you can beat it while maintaining the out-the-door price, then we have a deal. That's how I've always bought my cars.

If the salesperson starts talking about monthly payments, change the topic back to the our the door price.
Exactly. But in my experience this only works with used vehicles.

I arranged my financing through a credit union recently at 1.99 % for 48 months or 2.25 % for 60 months before stepping foot in a dealership. Went to a dealership to look at a specific truck who then attempted to coerce me to take on their financing at 5.95 % interest for 84 months AFTER I told them I already had approved financing and didn't want to talk about financing. They then refused to negotiate any price on a new vehicle below MSRP but would negotiate on a used vehicle. The discounts were only available through their financing. This happened at two more dealerships after this.

Car companies make MSRP on a car whether through the loans they give out on the vehicles after the discounts or by having someone pay MSRP at 0% interest. The company will get their MSRP one way or another. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, etc have their own finance companies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say that the parking fee was probably developed to charge folks who come over to the resorts just to watch HEA from the sand of Poly.
I would say they ā€œdevelopedā€ because they could and itā€™s free money. Which is why itā€™s tacky.
I would love to see a parking thread again. It's been too long.
...Probably because the lots are empty. Except for Chef Mickeyā€™s 81 AMC Pacer.
So quick witted
Alas, I admit it
I bet you were quite a lawyer
My defendants got acquitted
See...now thatā€™s funny. I needed the levity. šŸ‘šŸ»

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom