On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

DVCakaCarlF

That all depends. You also need to factor in the dining, merchandise discounts. And if you drive - what the savings on parking would be. It may pay for itself in 4 visits - or it may take 10.
I’m saying 8-10 park days, not “visits” or “trips.”

I knew a family from Texas that only visits once a year that were both AP and DVC, but they stayed for 2-3 weeks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Helping them with what?

These places print money, and I don’t want to hear how “their losing money on this deal.”

I sold my truck to car max once for $13,000, and I thought I was robbing them when I made $2000.00 after paying it off.

Little did i know they were robbing me...it was on the lot the next day for $18,900.00.

That BS that they only make $300/car is a bold face lie.

The money in cars (at least new ones) is in the servicing. It's like a medical billing operation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The perks for an AP are minimal...you have to go 8-10 times to make it worth while.
It’s used to be 5...that was like 5 years ago. That goes to my point.

The reality is Tanning Booth Bob sees anything less than $100 per head per day collected as a “loss”

Which is silly for an amusement site in theory and practice. So they scare people away and actually lose profit at the expense of revenue. That’s dumb.

It was brought up earlier...but I warned this for years in another digital playground: when this “luxury” label was starting to get tossed around (no doubt started by the Burbank puppetmasters)...it was a huge warning sign to the consumers. They were lining us up as a group.

And now we’re 500 miles further down that road.

“Luxury” is an overwater suite at the Mandarin in Bali...
...not port orleans. The Iger regime has tried to drag us all “out of our lane”...and been far too successful already.

Shields up.

Anyway...I digress.

RaiseTheShields

Helping them with what?

These places print money, and I don’t want to hear how “their losing money on this deal.”

I sold my truck to car max once for $13,000, and I thought I was robbing them when I made $2000.00 after paying it off.

Little did i know they were robbing me...it was on the lot the next day for $18,900.00.

That BS that they only make $300/car is a bold face lie.
Sir, your car required $6,600 worth of cleaning [ya filthy *******].

DVCakaCarlF

It’s used to be 5...that was like 5 years ago. That goes to my point.

The reality is Tanning Booth Bob sees anything less than $100 per head per day collected as a “loss”

Which is silly for an amusement site in theory and practice. So they scare people away and actually lose profit at the expense of revenue. That’s dumb.

It was brought up earlier...but I warned this for years in another digital playground: when this “luxury” label was starting to get tossed around (no doubt started by the Burbank puppetmasters)...it was a huge warning sign to the consumers. They were lining us up as a group.

And now we’re 500 miles further down that road.

“Luxury” is an overwater suite at the Mandarin in Bali...
...not port orleans. The Iger regime has tried to drag us all “out of our lane”...and been far too successful already.

Shields up.

Anyway...I digress.
It’s hard not to spend $100.00 any day in WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The money in cars (at least new ones) is in the servicing. It's like a medical billing operation.
Exactly...which is why there really isn’t much play in the sales prices.

Why would there be? The goal is to get you back in their shop.

Now...they will screw you on high interest...which honestly is why you should get you’re own prior to buying if you need it and can’t get 0.0%...

But that conversation went completely off the rails into “noviceville”

I’d rather talk about Disney...for a change

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s hard not to spend $100.00 any day in WDW.
Just to be clear...I’m talking the gate fee. That isn’t where the profit is.

The model during “phase 3” of wdw is fairly simple...and ingenious.

Ticket: $50 a day
Food: $75 a day
High profit, low overhead merch from China: $100 a day.

It worked...cash cow.

The “phase 4” era - Iger - has messed with all that and shrunk their potential market on all fronts...to I believe their longterm detriment.

Now we’re gonna see...after a long run of good luck for the stock price.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Interest free loans are good if one is confident one can pay it off during the promotional period. I don't know a lot of people who are responsible enough to pay it off during the promo period.

Promo periods are irrelevant on monthly annual passes, which are by their design, 0% loans for the entire term of the loan.

As far as responsible, well, then don't lend your friends money then.

mkt

Premium Member
Did they used to have annual pass payment plans for those states? I can only ever remember them
Being available for Florida.

We live in GA and if we could get on a payment plan would have bought AP’s a long time ago.

I could have sworn they did, but if they don't, I apologize for my error.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah but the dealer isn't working off of that margin. The car manufacturer is. Dealers may have several K they can work with. But it's not in the 10's of Ks.
Thank you...

This is getting insane. Who actually thinks there’s play in sales prices anymore? Almost none.

I know salesman say “I’m not making money off this car” when you’re signing the papers...and nobody believes them...

...but they’re telling more closely to the truth there than damn near anything else they say.

The manufacturer doesn’t own the dealership...they don’t share the money.

mkt

Premium Member
Okay first of all... If you're paying 0% interest on your car loan, you're paying a higher sales price than you could have otherwise negotiated. To get the lowest total cost, finance with the dealer at some higher interest rate and then pay off the whole thing 45 days later.

Second of all, there's a huge difference between people who can afford a purchase but CHOOSE to finance out of convenience versus people who CAN'T afford it and are suckered in by "low monthly payments."

Arrange your financing first, then you're free to negotiate the out the door price without worrying about your payment. When you're in the F&I office, you tell them, this is my rate - if you can beat it while maintaining the out-the-door price, then we have a deal. That's how I've always bought my cars.

If the salesperson starts talking about monthly payments, change the topic back to the our the door price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could have sworn they did, but if they don't, I apologize for my error.
I think they might have had someone for Georgia and maybe the Carolinas??

But that was LONG ago...before my time. But tickets were far less money and no internet sales...so it’s hard to compare.

Capsin4

I would comment on "monthly payment plans for annual passes" but the last time I offered commentary on people making poor life decisions it didn't end well for me.
Are you suggesting this is a poor life decision? Seems like it’s a smart decision to pay monthly for monthly access rather than paying up front for a year especially if the cost isn’t significantly different.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Arrange your financing first, then you're free to negotiate the out the door price without worrying about your payment. When you're in the F&I office, you tell them, this is my rate - if you can beat it while maintaining the out-the-door price, then we have a deal. That's how I've always bought my cars.

If the salesperson starts talking about monthly payments, change the topic back to the our the door price.
Exactly.

Perfectly stated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you suggesting this is a poor life decision? Seems like it’s a smart decision to pay monthly for monthly acces rather than paying up front for a year especially if the cost isn’t significantly different.
We got a lot of graduates of the “Disney School of Incorrect Economics” around here...proven near daily.

Some with at least a Masters Level.

(By the way...I’m very ANGRY about hockey this morning...very. Bristly 😡)

bryanfze55

Thank you...

This is getting insane. Who actually thinks there’s play in sales prices anymore? Almost none.

I know salesman say “I’m not making money off this car” when you’re signing the papers...and nobody believes them...

...but they’re telling more closely to the truth there than damn near anything else they say.

The manufacturer doesn’t own the dealership...they don’t share the money.

Steve Rogers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom