Old Unused Pass from late 70's

goofymom

Original Poster
My family has four tickets from the late 1970's that still have one day left on each ticket. They were for the MK and each day we entered they were stamped. Are these tickets good forever like some of the admission passes now or did they have an expiration date? Does anyone know? Would they be worth more to keep unused as a collectible? You guys are a wealth of knowledge so maybe someone will know. This is my first time to post a thread-hope it is in the right place. If not I apologize.

MGM WDWFan

Amazing as it may seem, I'm almost certain that you can still use these passes. I think this was back in the day when one day was less than 30 bucks, so suffice it to say you're getting one hell of a deal. What you'll probably end up having to do, however, is going to the ticket office and showing the person working there your tickets. The counter person will read your tickets to find out how many days and what-not you have left, and they'll print you out a new ticket that's compatible with the current system.

--MGM

The Mom

Premium Member
My understanding was that the adult passes were good forever for the person they were issued to, for the parks they were issued for. (I know, I know...please don't call the grammar police!!)

I also have some old passes that are only good for MK and Epcot...not any newer parks. Also, I suspect my 18 year old's children's pass would not be honored! ;)

goofymom

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. That is a great deal! I wonder how much a ticket will be in another 20+ yrs.? I will check on the old tickets when we go in September.

goofymom

Original Poster
I was a child when I went so...I may not be able to use my pass. If they are non transferrable then my son won't be able to use it either. I guess my parents would be the only ones who can still use theirs.

kaos

The children's passes can be upgraded, and the adult passes are good for the parks that were open when they were purchased. Obviously, from the 70's, only MK, the 80's, MK and Epcot. You can even still upgrade the coupon books if you wanted to. Aren't places that have been around for years great?

Invero

My mother had a park hopper pass from 1988 that she just recently used a year or two ago... That's the great thing about Disney passes... they never expire... One thing you will want to do, however, is go to the Ticket Window, and exchange them for a current ticket media with the mag stip, so that you can use Fastpass and whatnot. (This can take a few minutes... the Vacation Planners have to look up the ticket in a book, and do a few other things...)

goofymom

Original Poster
Cool! So I can upgrade my pass from a child to an adult. That's great. It will be hard to part with that ticket. It was my first trip ever to WDW. I might hang onto it awhile as I have some park hopper passes already purchased. Regardless, its great to know I can still use it if I want to.

RogueHabit

We took two adult hopper type passes from 1990 when we went in 1999 and they not only exchanged them, but added on the Animal Kingdom at no extra charge...

It was probably easier for WDW to do than than to have a hopper pass that was restricted to only the three older parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom