'old pics', 'new pics', blah,blah,blah...

BwanaBob

Original Poster
OK.

To save everyone's time (and avoid wrist-cramps with the mouse)...
Here's some of the stuff you've already seen, maybe something you haven't, and no fluff in between (hence, not really a trip report!)

First, we'll get the old stuf out of the way...
the castle mirror everyone has been clamoring about in the other thread :p .

Hopefully, these will give you all the visual we've all been talking about...

THIS THING IS HUGE!

You can see the two white support poles underneath this thing, besides the bracing system welded to the back of the clock-tower...

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 97

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Here's the progression on the castle stage... as well as another close-up of the mirror face...

Attachments

• 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 536

BwanaBob

Original Poster
I didn't notice the new flooring at Cosmic Ray's untill yesterday! :hammer:
Yeah!! They got rid of the lousy carpet!

I assume it went with all the new signage that went up, too. (Bay 3 was not lit up)

Last pic is of the old Plaza Pavillion. Nothing new to report here (same pics as old posts) but this was a different shot I hadn't seen.

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 71

BwanaBob

Original Poster
It was nice to see CM's using BOTH SIDES of the Entrance way!! It really looked like old times when folks were packing the park...(although it was busy, it wasn't THAT busy, ...but I digress...)

...and they are starting to close off certain areas for F & G festival coming soon! (looks like I'll be busy... look who the sponser is...again)

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 138
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 68

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Last was AK...and justfully so, nothing 'new' here to report. :lol:

just kidding...

I was going to take the obligatory EE pics, but they started looking like all the others we've seen...

so, here are some shots of some of the workers eating their lunch... which by the way, seemed like the entire time I was there, 'cause I didn't see a whole lot going on!... When is the expected soft opening??? :rolleyes:

and a pic of the job-site latrine...

oh, and yeah... they were putting in some of the windows in the last shot...

I have more, but unless you really like that kind of pain, PM me and I'll upload them (if necessary...)

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Here's the 'Bambi' plugs...er... :zipit: ....I mean advertising at the entrance to AK.

Thumper was out to take pics with the 'kiddies' in front of the topiary:

BwanaBob

Original Poster
and I couldn't help myself...

They've got these new 'cone-thingies' they're puttin in at the AK parking lots. I think they light up and all, but you wouldn't know it 'cause the park closes before it gets dark. I'll see if I can get some night-shots. :lol:

...and a WELL disguised cell tower! (took a couple close-ups of this to get the full effect. ..again, only if you really want to see them...

TTATraveler

Thanks for posting the pictures. You and others on the board make it possible for us non-locals to check out the parks weekly.:sohappy:

DisKid

Thanks for the pics. I don't understand the purpose of those cone things. Also, those poles that hold the mirror up look out of place.

DisneyJill

DisKid said:
Thanks for the pics. I don't understand the purpose of those cone things. Also, those poles that hold the mirror up look out of place.

The poles stood out to me, too. But, they had to put it up there somehow, I guess. *shrugs*

They don't look any more out of place than that freakishly tall "tree" at DAK!! :lol:

KevinPage

Geesh, that mirror is HUGE, no idea is was going to be THAT big.

I like the extra decorations on the turrets, but the gold characters look a little overboard, but I'll hold final judgement til I see it in person. I normally like asymetrical things, so different character shapes and sizes all over the place throw things out of whack.

peter11435

DisKid said:
The poles will be covered by the gold fabric seen in the concept art.

Laura

Premium Member
That mirror looks great. Although I'm a little disappointed...I thought the mirror was going to be a tv screen and not just little turny thingies like in a billboard, but it still looks nice!! Very big!!

LOL@ the cone pics.

DisKid

peter11435 said:
The poles will be covered by the gold fabric seen in the concept art.

That's what I was hoping/and kind of figuring, but the thing is that they are not against the castle...there's a gap. and by the concept art, it looks like that fabric is touching the castle because the swag with the Cinderella Coach looks like it's part of the same part of overlay, and that definitely touches. (hope that makes sense)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom