Old photos from WDW

lborne

Original Poster
HI,

I've asked this once before but it was a long time ago, so I'll try again.

My only trip to MK when I was a kid was around 1978-79. We were there only one day, and my parents took only 2 photos the entire time. Neither has me in it, btw.
Then during my college years, I worked Main Street Ops in the summer of '91. Not realizing how great a job I had until after it was over, I never brought a camera with me to work. Now, I am searching for old photos of the MK.

Primarily, anything from the 1977-80 time frame, and anything from 1991. I've already seen all the ones from disneypix.com, but can't seem to find any others.

I'm also looking for any photos of the "bomb shelter", (the Main Street Ops break / meeting room located under the train station - but not underground). Or photos from the lobby of the Disney Story before it was closed. And finally, of course, any photos backstage where the Main Street cars were kept or the lunch room.

Thanks in advance.

lborne

Original Poster
DonickCo,

Those are Fantastic. Did you really take those. They look like the slides that you can buy, (used to be able to buy), at the MK gift shops.

Thanks

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wow, great pics. one question.................... i dont remember those flumes and the simulated river tube ride when we went to river country a lot as kids in the early 80's. i was there for the first time in the late 70's and there for the opening of epcot in 82. we used to go a bunch. just dont remember them.

are they still in the current river counrty (even though it is closed)?

aimster

WOW!

Now THAT was a trip down memory lane!

I totally don't remember characters from The Aristocats (one of my all-time fave Disney films) in the park but man I wish they were still there! I would LOVE to get a pic with Scat Cat!

And the Mickey Mouse Revue! I loved that show but the Three Caballaros part scared me when I was a kid (Panchito firing the pistols). I'll never forget the first time I saw that show too... it was the first time I saw Mickey in the park and at the end when the pedastal he was on started lowering back down, the theatre was dead quiet and 3 or year old me (this was in 1977 or 1978) yelled "MICKEY! MICKEY! DON'T GO!" The whole audience justed DIED laughing! My parents were SO embarrassed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DonickCo - Beautiful!! Thanks for posting!!

You don`t have any other Tomorrowland pictures from the first five years do you? I have some (official) pictures showing If You Had Wings show building and Space Mountain being built, no WEDWay etc. and I am after anymore?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the pictures. It was a nice walk down memory lane. I had totally forgotten how the entrance to Tomorrowland has changed. And the pic of the pirate chasing the woman....... Memories :)

Atta83

Great Pics guys!!! I was looking at my mom's old picutres from the 80's and wow those were really neat. Shes got one with Peter Pan which was really cute. I will see if i can scan it and post those pics.

Chefjason1974

Greast pics thanks for puting them onlne!

I loved the ones with the old looking winnie the pooh chcarcter! & the sky way ride!

I remember going in 2001, I bought abook that siad the skyride was still open so we planned an itinerary around using this as ameans of transportation!! Boy were we surprised when we couldn't find it!!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by marni1971
meekoman - welcome to the boards, and check your PM`s!

meekoman isn't exactly new ;) he's been on magic longer than you... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom