Old Muppets Christmas Movie!!

mitchk

Original Poster
I was just looking through my old VHS tapes, and I found the Muppets Christmas special. I don't know who remembers it, but the whole gang went to Fozzies moms house for Christmas. It has the Muppets, the Sesamestreet(spelling) cast, and the Fraggels. I just recorded it onto a DVD, and I'm so glad I found this. It also has a brief cameo by Jim Henson at the end. Anyway, does anyone else remember this classic Muppet film?

Heatherbell

OH MY GOD!!!
I love that movie. Big Bird was in it and there was this big blizzard. The Swedish Chef kept chasing around the turkey and trying to get him in the pan. Kermit and Piggy were seperated due to the bad weather.
That show was the best! I accidentally found it a few years ago, my husband and I dig it out every christmas!!!!

mitchk

Original Poster
Heatherbell said:
OH MY GOD!!!
I love that movie. Big Bird was in it and there was this big blizzard. The Swedish Chef kept chasing around the turkey and trying to get him in the pan. Kermit and Piggy were seperated due to the bad weather.
That show was the best! I accidentally found it a few years ago, my husband and I dig it out every christmas!!!!

Thank you, I knew someone else had to remember that movie. My favorite parts were when they would walk in the front door, and slip on the icy step. That is truly a great Christmas classic. I wonder if that movie could ever be re-released? I mean it has the Muppets(who are now Disney property), and the Fraggels(Henson property), and the Sesamestreet gang(??), so could it be redistributed? Oh well, at least I got a copy :p

CoffeeJedi

i have an old video tape of that too, taped off of tv in the late 80's. it IS available on vhs, but i wouldn't recommend it, they couldn't get the rights to all of the songs for sale (just broadcast) so the home video version is cut up and only half the length

mitchk

Original Poster
OK, " Sledge" :lol: Sorry, maybe this was not the right place to start this thread. Thanks, your the man

Sledge

Account Suspended
mitchk said:
OK, " Sledge" Sorry, maybe this was not the right place to start this thread, but I don't understand why you have to be ignorant about it, if you can't post anything nice, don't post anything at all
I wasn't trying to be an a____________. I was just saying. Trust me, people can be a lot more rude about it than how I said it. At least I said something about the movie too and didn't just tell you messed up. Get over it, or are you really that sensitive? :p:lol:

Edit: Thanks for changing your post.

mitchk said:
I was just looking through my old VHS tapes, and I found the Muppets Christmas special. I don't know who remembers it, but the whole gang went to Fozzies moms house for Christmas. It has the Muppets, the Sesamestreet(spelling) cast, and the Fraggels. I just recorded it onto a DVD, and I'm so glad I found this. It also has a brief cameo by Jim Henson at the end. Anyway, does anyone else remember this classic Muppet film?
The opening song, "We need a little christmas" is one of my favorites!

bluefaery

hey did this movie have something to do w/ a hotel? I remember seeing a muppet movie w/ a hotel in it. In the move the hotel is run by all the muppets. I'm don't remember what muppet movie that was.

Sledge

Account Suspended
madame_leota_19 said:
hey did this movie have something to do w/ a hotel? I remember seeing a muppet movie w/ a hotel in it. In the move the hotel is run by all the muppets. I'm don't remember what muppet movie that was.
I think that was The Great Muppet Caper.

dr_teeth90210

I have the English DVD of a " A Muppet Family Christmas " that I got from here...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C24UZ/qid=1139547785/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i6_xgl/026-0809755-2109252

This version includes all the songs from the original television debut, unlike the american version which had songs cut due to legal reasons.

You'll just need to make sure you have a multi-regional dvd player.

The cool thing about this DVD is that it also includes "The Christmas Toy".

Now all I need is the "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas" dvd and my Henson Holiday specials will be complete.:)

Picture of Emmet Otter's Jugband is below.
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=emmet+otter/v=2/SID=w/l=IVS/SIG=12tvpskgc/EXP=1139634688/*-http%3A//www.theatre-dance.ecu.edu/student_pages/courtney_english/otter.JPG

mansionfan84

Excellent movie. Still a staple in my house after probably about 19 years worth of replaying on the original tape. I still watch it at least twice every Christmas season. Although the movie is great, my favorite part is the commercials. My First Sony, Doublemint Twins, old fast food promos, old movie previews, crispy critters cereal, omg I could keep going...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom