Old Epcot icon?

DarthGrady

Original Poster
The other day I saw a little icon on an Epcot wallpaper. It appears along with the old icons form future world pavillions. It looks like SSE's, but its got a little stick man in it. I haven't seen it before, does anyone know what it is?

ry%3D400

Rob562

I believe that was the icon for the WorldKey Kiosk system.

But I know there was one for all of World Showcase, too...

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was a bit of a confusing one, and for a while for some reason I associated it with Worldkey too (why do you, Rob?) but some digging revealed Worldkey had the Bell / AT&T bell logo. This was the World Showcase logo.

Attachments

• IMG_5048web.jpg
    IMG_5048web.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 47

Rob562

It was a bit of a confusing one, and for a while for some reason I associated it with Worldkey too (why do you, Rob?) but some digging revealed Worldkey had the Bell / AT&T bell logo. This was the World Showcase logo.

I think I'd seen it online (either on here or elsewhere), sometimes referred to as being for WorldKey, sometimes for World Showcase. WorldKey seemed logical, I just never spent the extra time to figure out which was correct.

-Rob

SMRT-1

That photo is rocking my world.

EPCOT Explorer

Wasn't there a logo for the Person of Century? :wave: I think it's in one of your tributes. Mind if I pull it?

DarthGrady

Original Poster

Cool, thanks Martin and everybody. I never knew WS had its own icon, I figured that was just a Future World thing.

tirian

I think it is indeed for World Showcase, not World Key. It was rarely used, though. I'm pretty sure I saw this in some opening-day EPCOT Center literature in the cases in the Siemens lounge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom