OLD Disney Monorail

Scooter

Great article..thanks!

It's so sad to see those old Disney Monorails covered in Graffiti like that.
They should be in Museums, not up on blocks in some parts graveyard exposed to the elements. :cry: :(

bracho

Thanks for the link.

I live in Las Vegas and the monorail started this morning at 8am and is GREAT!! I have seen the old monorail cars that was from Disney and it is very sad to see them like that. Out in the open, damaged the way they are.. a real shame.

If you come to Vegas, take a ride on the new monorail, it takes 14 minutes to go from MGM Grand to the Sahara.. and on a Saturday night, that is a major record....LOL

WDWFanatic

People that have to tag everything should be taken out into the street and shot. We pay money to have nice granite signs into our developments and fancy billboards then stupid kids have to destroy it. Morons all of them.

Chape19714

Send the old monorails to me so i can achieve my "evil" dream...to have a direct monorail from my house directly to the TTC! mwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

:drevil: :drevil: :lol: :drevil: :drevil:

:king:

Sad to see them in such a condition. Walt always thought monorails were the transport system of the future, glad to see Las Vegas cought on!! lol.

pepper2028

We should start a fund to buy up all those cars and fix um up! It makes me sad to think that the trasportation system that brought me to epoct and MK so many times as a child now is in such a state...lets do something about this.... I'll throw in 20 bucks to save a piece of history like this!

phlydude

I had kids once that worked for me that took pictures and videos of them tagging all the things that they did. One night, they got pulled over by the police. During their search for suspicious substances, they found a little bit of weed which prompted them to rip apart the car. The cops watched the video right there on the road side in the view finder. Last I had heard, they were serving 3-5 for multiple counts destruction of private property. Serves them right for destroying that stuff but mostly for being STUPID!!

TinkerBell9988

Wow, thanks so much for that article. They belong in a museum, not in the streets full of graffiti. Those pictures put a knot in my stomach... :(

BDAN29

I would hope that the Disney Company would re-purchase them and display them proudly. A nice idea might be to place them somewhere in the Contempoary or maybe assemble a train and have it sit on top of the TTC. A good way to reflect upon the past and what the Mark IV's did for the future.

phlydude

They could put them on display somewhere where people could explore the cab and have a hands-on experience with the old monorails

Kwit35

They could spruce them up and put one at each resort as part of a playground for kids. They could make them interactive. The control panels could light up and certain buttons could que the lights, the recording, the sounds (as if it were actually moving)...

This is just plain sad!!!! The idiots that tagged those beautiful monorail cars obviously can't comprehend the importance and historical value of those vehicles. Those morons probably haven't even stepped foot on Disney property because they either are always in jail or just can't afford it. It saddens me so to see those monorail cars all tagged up. I really wish I didn't see those pictures. I am just going to make sure I soak up as much of the monorail as I can when I return back to Disney on August 8!!!!!!!

Figment1986

I hate how those monorails are being treated. They should put one whole train on ebay as a whole.. then have the other split into each car... or have disney get one, and put it on display somewhere...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom