Old Attractions Inside New Ones

xxlove

Original Poster
Hey all! Im fairly new here but I remember reading a while back that portions of the old Food Rocks show
were still laying dormant in the Soarin queue... does this still hold true?? an If so, where??? Im OBSESSED with forgotten/abandoned attractions and would love to know about any other scenarios like this in the World. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pumpkin7

There's a prop piece from Horizons in the Mission: Space queue.

And I'm not sure if it's WDW Splash Mountain, or DLC that has old animatronics from America Sings, the storks and the aligators I think are from America Sings.

I'm sure there are loads more but those are the two I know off the top of my head.

TylerFG

There's a prop piece from Horizons in the Mission: Space queue.

And I'm not sure if it's WDW Splash Mountain, or DLC that has old animatronics from America Sings, the storks and the aligators I think are from America Sings.

I'm sure there are loads more but those are the two I know off the top of my head.

The Horizons logo is in the queue of MS. I think it's on the giant gravity wheel in the queue.

The America Sings animatronics in Splash Mountain are only for DL, I believe.

pumpkin7

The Horizons logo is in the queue of MS. I think it's on the giant gravity wheel in the queue.

The America Sings animatronics in Splash Mountain are only for DL, I believe.

Ah, I knew the gravity wheel was from somewhere. It was used in the movie Mission to Mars, according to this website:

http://www.fromscreentotheme.com/CloserLookMissionSpace.aspx
While in line you can find a giant rotating gravity wheel. This wheel helps pay homage to the former attractions, Horizons, by having the logo of Horizons located in the center of the wheel. In addition to that, this wheel is the actual rotating gravity wheel found in the Disney film, Mission to Mars, from the year 2000!

I never rode Horizons, I thought it was from there! Plus it wasn't rotating when we went. Sucks.

Neverland

There are some Mr. Toad props in 'storage' next to Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day scene, backstage. And in Storybook Circus, the socks and pants on top of the Barnstormer sign are from Toontown's Barnstormer. I know there are more things I know about, but I can't remember them right now..

EDIT: Silly me! I forgot that a good portion of ImageWorks is still up on the second floor of Imagination. You can see it here:

Last edited:

Matt817

Hey all! Im fairly new here but I remember reading a while back that portions of the old Food Rocks show
were still laying dormant in the Soarin queue... does this still hold true?? an If so, where??? Im OBSESSED with forgotten/abandoned attractions and would love to know about any other scenarios like this in the World. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure on Winnie the Pooh, once you go through a set of doors you look behing you and find characters from the old Jamboree

pumpkin7

There are some Mr. Toad props in 'storage' next to Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day scene, backstage. And in Storybook Circus, the socks and pants on top of the Barnstormer sign are from Toontown's Barnstormer. I know there are more things I know about, but I can't remember them right now..

EDIT: Silly me! I forgot that a good portion of ImageWorks is still up on the second floor of Imagination. You can see it here:

Well, kudos to that guy being able to get round the entire upper level without getting busted. There's so much up there that they could just dust off and use again. It's a real shame because what they've got now is so pants. Plus the merch in the shop, I didn't see anything figment related apart from a Vinylmation. Very poor.

pumpkin7

Infact, go and have a look at Martins Videos here: http://www.martinsvids.net/

He's got most of the long forgotten videos, and how some of them were dismantled and replaced. I've spent hours watching them all.

Infact, here are all the videos that feature Food Rocks. The Food Rocks Tribute goes on to tell you how they put the queue in aswell. http://www.martinsvids.net/?s=food+rocks

Last edited:

Radok Block

I watched that video yelling TURN IT BACK ON the whole time. So sad to see it lying there dormant.

pumpkin7

I've just watched the original Journey Into Imagination in full for the first time. Wow. Why on earth did they take that out? It was totally awesome! That was only done because the contract said it had to be done. Stupid contract!!

TinkerBelle8878

I still say with the whole push towards good nutrition and health, why wouldn't they find a way to bring it back? Soarin never really fit into the Land theme. Its like they're trying to push transportation into a pavillion that was agriculture based. The entire 'Living with the Land' boat ride is about that. So how does Soarin fit? They should've really turned WoL into a weather/whatever Soarin is pavillion. Made use of that space and maybe updated the Food Rocks show/Land Pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom