Olaf meet 'n greet at MVMCP

iheartdisney91

But really... When frozen eventually dies down a bit (because they always do) all the themed locations will be rethemed. I feel like all this effort is only good for a few years. I don't really think the Frozen craze will last forever. I mean look back at the 90's Hunchback's stage show closed, and Pocahontas's show also left. I know the films didn't make as much money as frozen but...

Anyway

An Olaf meet and greet seems kinda scary to me.
If they make an animatronic able to meet with guests then that's perfect.
If they portray him as a "fur character" yikes.

Jose

But really... When frozen eventually dies down a bit (because they always do) all the themed locations will be rethemed. I feel like all this effort is only good for a few years. I don't really think the Frozen craze will last forever. I mean look back at the 90's Hunchback's stage show closed, and Pocahontas's show also left. I know the films didn't make as much money as frozen but...

Anyway

An Olaf meet and greet seems kinda scary to me.
If they make an animatronic able to meet with guests then that's perfect.
If they portray him as a "fur character" yikes.
I don't think the Frozen craze die in a few years.... Anna and Elsa's faces are in every school now.

CaptainShortty

With the imagined demand to meet Olaf, Disney doesn't have the infrastructure to safely house a queue line that is that long. They certainly don't want what happened with the line for Anna and Elsa and Epcot. I imagine if he is indeed going to make his first character appearances at the Christmas party that he will be high atop a float in the parade and not doing meet and greets to the general ticket guest.

DisneyGentleman

But really... When frozen eventually dies down a bit (because they always do) all the themed locations will be rethemed. I feel like all this effort is only good for a few years. I don't really think the Frozen craze will last forever. I mean look back at the 90's Hunchback's stage show closed, and Pocahontas's show also left.
The old Disney managed properties much better, releasing videos for a short time and then "putting them back in the vault" to make them scarce and increase value.

The new Disney milks out every nickel in the here-and-now until everyone is sick of the property and then tosses it aside like an old tube of toothpaste. How much longer can they support the dated-beyond-dated voyage of the Little Mermaid in the Studios?

We will see Frozen until we can stand it no more, and then another 20 years will be added until Anna and Elsa look like the Ellen AA in Energy.

Welcome to the new Disney!

Last edited:

cw1982

Disney rethemes M& G areas all the time.

As for the lose of popularity of course it will die down but people are still waiting in line to meet Snow White after 76 years. I would imagine Anna and Elsa will be the same.

Olaf is also more gender neutral. People who are "over" the princess thing still enjoy Olaf in large numbers.

Yep. I'd wait a reasonable time to meet Olaf, and I'm 31. The sisters? I might consider meeting them if the wait was ten minutes or less.

iheartdisney91

The old Disney managed properties much better, releasing videos for a short time and then "putting them back in the vault" to make them scarce and increase value.

The new Disney milks out every nickel in the here-and-now until everyone is sick of the property and then tosses it aside like an old tube of toothpaste. How much longer can they support the dated-beyond-dated voyage of the Little Mermaid in the Studios?

We will see Frozen until we can stand it no more, and then another 20 years will be added until Anna and Elsa look like the Ellen AA in Energy.

Welcome to the new Disney!

Unfortunately I believe you're right. It just stinks! I'm so sick of seeing Anna and Elsa everywhere.

Also Voyage is one of my favorite things on property, if they changed or updated some of, or most of, the effects it could be an amazing show again like audiences I'm sure believed in 89 (whenever the show opened)

I'm just a sucker for late 80's-90's Disney. That's all of Disney's best stuff!
From all the wonderful things created in that time period, Disney should utilize them and not just Frozen.

Remember
Hunchback? Pocahontas? Hercules? .... Why Disney?!
I just feel like they don't get any recognition from Disney. Everything now is Frozen
"The past is in the past, let it go!" :(

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
What's prominent in schools changes much more frequently than every few years. The craze will die, but that doesn't mean the demand to meet those characters will completely dissolve; wait times will simply go down to being more reasonable.
THANK YOU.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Frozen fan. I really wish the attraction would stay out of Epcot, and I just don't get why people love it so much.

That said, I HATE that people try to naysay it because it's "just a fad". Virtually every major IP out there was a "fad" when it premiered, then took a respected position back and let the next big thing have it's moment.

People will be wanting to meet the girls and ride their ride for decades, just like people still like to meet Snow White and ride her ride (in whatever form).

thomas998

Here is Olaf from Disney on Ice. I'm hoping WDW's Olaf will be cuddlier.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/09/frozen-on-ice.jpg

I think this is proof that some characters are best left out of meet and greets. I just don't see how they can make a snowman that doesn't come across as being bad.

Gullywhumper

Hey...if there's 300 minute wait times for an Olaf M&G, that takes away from other people waiting in lines to ride things, right?
If so, count me in!

Kitty17794

Disney rethemes M& G areas all the time.

As for the lose of popularity of course it will die down but people are still waiting in line to meet Snow White after 76 years. I would imagine Anna and Elsa will be the same.

Olaf is also more gender neutral. People who are "over" the princess thing still enjoy Olaf in large numbers.

This exactly. If people lost interested in things COMPLETELY, we wouldn't even have a Disney World. We'd go see a movie, then be done with it promptly. Disney is doing the smart business thing, capitalizing on Frozen while they can. It's going to be around for a while (eventual sequels, broadway show, etc), so why not make money off of it? (Plus, I have a feeling Olaf will also be featured in the Christmas parade and Castle Lighting, so it won't be just M&Gs)

And re: the retheming thing: yes. Disney does it a LOT. In just 6 years alone, the Fairytale Garden at Magic Kingdom has been home to Belle, the Tremaines, Rapunzel and now Merida. It has been rethemed three times. So they are willing to put out the money for that sort of thing, for sure. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom