OKWupdate-pictures of mickey ave

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
hey there folks. here are some pics of mickey ave--completely naked.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. The construction workers are also doing a lot behind the building, and in the building themselves. they are in there most days, working very hard, and building large steel structures to go inside the building itself. i made small chat with one of the construction workers, and i said "is everything going well?" and he replied, "i wouldnt go that far". so, it doesnt seem like they are all that confident.

but, here are pictures! (with no road, and all)
DSC01821.JPG

DSC01822.JPG

DSC01823.JPG

DSC01824.JPG

if you cant see the pictures themselves (cuz i had that problem before), just go to this webpage (http://picasaweb.google.com/hireF15)

enjoy!

-WelcomeHome OKW

p.s. only wdwmagic.com has the rights to these pictures. please do not post these on other disney world forums, or any other website. steve, you can use these in the news section if you please.

jt04

Thanks very much! WOW!!!!! I have a very good feeling about this. Exactly why would they dig up EVERYTHING!!!:confused: Very interesting! I would guess new lighting at the very least for Pixar Place and the new attraction entrance :D

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
nevermind...im still trying to figure out how to get the pics on here. ive followed all the instructions...it just doesnt seem to be working.

bassman

are any of the attractions that were near there open or are they all shot down.
im meaning the animation tour,little mermaid and such,im guessing its pretty safe to say that they are shut,as they were directly off what now is just dirt.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
no ride is closed due to this construction. mermaid and animation are both in the same area, and not on mickey ave. backlot tour is still open, its just hard to get there now.

....fixed the pictures!!!

jt04

are any of the attractions that were near there open or are they all shot down.
im meaning the animation tour,little mermaid and such,im guessing its pretty safe to say that they are shut,as they were directly off what now is just dirt.

No, everything is open! They moved Sorcerer Mickey but everything else is outside the construction walls

DisneyGigi

No, everything is open! They moved Sorcerer Mickey but everything else is outside the construction walls
I have been wondering when I saw the news on this before.. when you say moved... is he still available somewhere else for photos?
Great pics by the way:) Thanks for posting!

Shaman

This whole Pixar Studios thing within the park ("mini-land concept")...is slightly reminiscent of Nickelodeon Studios at Universal....of course if they go ALL THE WAY...it will be much larger....but...

So it seems as if the Avenue will look and/or be wider than before....

Thanks for the pics! :wave:

JROK

Thanks very much! WOW!!!!! I have a very good feeling about this. Exactly why would they dig up EVERYTHING!!!:confused: Very interesting! I would guess new lighting at the very least for Pixar Place and the new attraction entrance :D

I would think that driving heavy machines around back there could ruin the road a bit, so it's better to rip it up and repave it all than to bother with the mess.

Piebald

By the way guys, me and my friend won a special tour of this attraction (we're CMs) so sometime soon we should be getting a tour... I will let you all know how it goes and what (if any) new things come up!

Wow, i never thought i would see something like that in disney world. Oh well im glad they are working on things and widening the path would definatly improve on alot of things. Thanks for the pics.

bassman

I would think that driving heavy machines around back there could ruin the road a bit, so it's better to rip it up and repave it all than to bother with the mess.

well that would make sense,and knowing disney they may even go the whole hug and have a cool design put in the pavement or something.u never know.
it could be a themeing thing.

hazelrah

Great pictures. I had noticed last week that on the building opposite TSM (I think its the GMR show building), they had removed the giant posters that hang on the outside wall. I wasn't sure if they were just swapping posters (which they've done recently in Animation Courtyard), but today over lunch, they were also removing the lighting fixtures that are just under the posters as well.

I'm hoping this means that the building is in for some kind of reworking/themed treatment. It would really be nice for the entire Avenue to get spruced up, doing away with the old "Soundstage" theming. That building has always had some sort of sort of strange facade that looks like a bank (across from the old Sorceror Mickey marquee). I never knew what that thing was doing there. It only wrapped around the one corner...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom