OKWupdate-pictures of mickey ave

Hummer1676

I agree, lets see some details like they have accross the pond. Please for god sake don't make it look like a movie studio buildings. Do something fun and different.

If Pixar Place is opening in Late April 2008, and we really don't know of any rides that are being worked on (except TSM), what will be in place? I find it very odd to open a mini-land with only one ride themed to that. Maybe they will be restaurants or shops? Any clarification?

Thanks. :)

CBOMB

By the way guys, me and my friend won a special tour of this attraction (we're CMs) so sometime soon we should be getting a tour... I will let you all know how it goes and what (if any) new things come up!
Looking forward to the report.

Thanks for the pictures OKW, and Figment82.

Piebald

If Pixar Place is opening in Late April 2008, and we really don't know of any rides that are being worked on (except TSM), what will be in place? I find it very odd to open a mini-land with only one ride themed to that. Maybe they will be restaurants or shops? Any clarification?

Thanks. :)

Pixar Place WILL open with Toy Story Mania....

I'm more interested in what will open in Soundstage 1 eventually and how it will be themed once Toy Story opens. It's a pretty big building that could obviously be expanded. I've heard the rumors about the Ratatouille rollercoaster but I've also heard rumors of a Toy Story character M&G :hammer:

dizpins14

I just hope Toy Story Mania is not the center piece of Pixar Place. The area as a "mini-land" will look horrible if everything is centered around TSM since there will not be any open area with the buildings in front of the ride. No matter how much they widden the walkway there just is not enough room to classify it as a land.

If they take out the Backlot Tour, turn Honey I Shrunk the Kids into A Bug's Life and integrate a courtyard area where the giant Coke bottles are, then I think Pixar Place will work. Hopefully TSM will just be an extension of the land.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It will be Toy Story Mania, character meet and greets, and a lot of photo ops. Dont expect this to be an entire land in the traditional way. It should be a great addition.

jt04

I too am hoping that this is just the beginning and eventually it will "turn the corner" and extend into the backlot area including utilizing Soundstage 1.

Of course they could leave it just like it is in the picture. It actually looks like a modern city street in the US that is under construction. Amazing.:lol:

cb3k

well that would make sense,and knowing disney they may even go the whole hug and have a cool design put in the pavement or something.u never know.
it could be a themeing thing.
I would like to assume that it involves retheming...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Somebody remind me...

Why did they have to rip up the street? :veryconfu
At a guess I`d say it needed it. So far as I know, it has never been relaid; Mickey Av was originally backstage and not meant for guest access. In late 80/early 90 it was opened as a way of improving traffic flow in the hugely popular and congested park. Probably a good time to do it udring the rehab / retheming of the avenue.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Somebody remind me...

Why did they have to rip up the street? :veryconfu
At a guess I`d say it needed it. So far as I know, it has never been relaid; Mickey Av was originally backstage and not meant for guest access. In late 89/early 90 it was opened as a way of improving traffic flow in the hugely popular and congested park. Probably a good time to do it during the rehab / retheming of the avenue.

Piebald

Unkadug, they are ripping up the street because they are doing a bunch of piping and electrical work. They did much of this as well behind the soundstage.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
At a guess I`d say it needed it. So far as I know, it has never been relaid; Mickey Av was originally backstage and not meant for guest access. In late 89/early 90 it was opened as a way of improving traffic flow in the hugely popular and congested park. Probably a good time to do it during the rehab / retheming of the avenue.

Unkadug, they are ripping up the street because they are doing a bunch of piping and electrical work. They did much of this as well behind the soundstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom