OK, Mama Melrose's - your honest opinion

Nottamus

Original Poster
We have a November trip coming up, and we like to try 2 new places every time, and this time I picked Mama's.

maybe the pictures are awesome, or I am just hungry....so I booked it.

SO, now I'm just looking for honest opinions on your experiences there..

Darkzeid25

We loved it when we went back in 2014. We didn't get a chance to go this past trip because we wanted to go to Sci-Fi. I suggest going while you can, because I feel like that whole area is in danger of going away once Galaxy's Edge opens.

Patcheslee

Only local place for a steak here is Applebee's and a Bonanza's so don't have alot to compare to. Personally we plan to eat there again next June because we loved it.

DisneyGigi

Absolutely love it! The Pork Saltimbocca is sooooo good! Hubby always gets the Shrimp pasta. We have had the steak, not since they redid it, the flatbread pizza, the calamari for appetizer and the tomatoes and basil.
I wasn’t always a fan when I went with steak because it is hard to beat Le Cellier it Chef de France for a steak in the park. Everything else I love though and hope we don’t lose it to Star Wars. IMO- it is better than Brown Derby.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Honestly I loved it. I was there in 2016 and the food was very good. It was my first TS meal I had ever had at WDW and beat my expectations. I had a nice quiet table against a wall which made for a nice meal. I remember there being bread, and I loved that a ton! I actually prefer it to BOG. It really as pretty as it looks in the photos to me!

belledream

It's as good as it smells...which is pretty darn good. :) There's a lot to look at inside the restaurant too, which is always fun! The only thing I am always underwhelmed by is dessert.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Need data.... DDP? TIW? OOP? It makes a difference....

On a pure Quality basis.... Leave the Park by Boat, reserve WDW's BEST Italian restaurant - Il Mulino, Swan. TIW accepted, no DDP.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Loved it the last time we ate there in July. I got the steak and my husband got the saltimbocca. My steak and the mac and cheese that came with it was one of the best things I ate during the whole trip and we were there for 15 days.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
First off even if I didn’t like it j would still say always try for yourself. With that said though I’m a picky Italian girl! And it passes my test and hubby loves it too. Been going regularly for years. (Also love Via Napoli) I love the pastas I have tried like Shrimp Campanelle (name I can’t remeber exactly sorry, but it’s my fave and just had it again last December and going again this month) and hubby loves the spicy Seafood Arribiata pasta dish. Apps and deserts have always been good too. ;)

Nottamus

Original Poster
thanks for all the answers, all great ones. I do remember walking by and it smelling so good...

So, I think we will give it a go. Try new. We don't do the dining plan.

Its too much to plan IMO. A few sit down dinners a week is fine, then just graze at all the other QS and cart vendors for the rest of the vacation!

SeaCastle

I'm not saying that being from NJ makes me an expert on good Italian food, but it does mean that I'm not wrong.

We love Mama Melrose's-- we go about once a trip. Each time we book MM, I always get a twinge of "are we sure we want to book this place when we can get the same food in the strip mall down the street next to the bagel shop and Kohl's" but we always have a good meal and are glad we went. They have a wood oven I think so the restaurant always smells good. I got the polenta cake last trip which was delicious but you can't go wrong with the parmesans or flatbreads.

Club Cooloholic

I'm not saying that being from NJ makes me an expert on good Italian food, but it does mean that I'm not wrong.

We love Mama Melrose's-- we go about once a trip. Each time we book MM, I always get a twinge of "are we sure we want to book this place when we can get the same food in the strip mall down the street next to the bagel shop and Kohl's" but we always have a good meal and are glad we went. They have a wood oven I think so the restaurant always smells good. I got the polenta cake last trip which was delicious but you can't go wrong with the parmesans or flatbreads.
Lol your not a NJ transplant to the philly burbsvare you? I agree, I always feel this way when getting Italian on vacation

StarWarsGirl

I prefer SciFi and Prime Time, but it's pretty good. The staff is friendly and the food is usually good. We've had issues a couple of times, and they've always resolved it. It's worth a try, but SciFi and Prime Time are definitely better.

Hockey89

Taking opinions from complete strangers is kind of silly BUT since you asked I will say that it is on par with Olive Garden. And that is not a compliment.
Agreed completely... You put it in the North End of Boston where I'm from it would close in a week....

JoMarch

I have to say I really like Mama Melrose. I work with food and I have to say, I don't think it's like Olive Garden, I'd say it's above. OG. I will normally get the "special" if there is a special - also, I very rarely would order the chicken parm or spaghetti and meatballs because to me, that's a preferred make-at-home thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom