Ok, I've got some questions.

Kobe!!

Disney quest was a pilot to see if it would work in major cities. I have gone to disney quest on my last trip and most of the machines were broken in some way(stuck buttons, broken flippers, ect). To replace or update the machines would be a very cheap refeb but becuase they are not going to be making more disney quests around the country i bet that it will continue to get worse until they are forced to close the attraction becuase of bad reviews.

I do not hope they close the attration but they have allready closed its copy in chicago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Quest

The one in Chicago has been closed for quit some time. Maybe since like 2001? (Didn't read article yet, so I can't tell you the exact date. ha)

Figment632

RoE.
The lake at AK is not suitable for WoC, and is not even an option that is being considered.
However, some elements of WoC may be used for the next enhancement to/replacement of RoE.

There is a ton of expansion room in DAK so make a new man made lake. The Paridise Pier lake is man made :shrug: DAK needs it more than EC.

A WoC type show needs to replace Fantasmic at DHS. :lookaroun IMO. :D

No terrible idea we need both.

COProgressFan

While it is nice to see all the work going on elsewhere in the park, Tomorrowland still needs a good deal of work on its own. There is lots of peeling paint, rust, and general wear and tear that wouldn't take too much effort ($$) to clean, paint, or repair.

I think it would be great to see a night time water show at AK, this would go a long way towards removing the half-day park mind set that guest have about the place (myself included). If a show like this brought more people to AK maybe the powers that be would fix a certain large attraction that shall remain nameless. :p

CaptainJackNO

I am confused.. DO you hope they replace Disneyquest and then update the attractions? That would not be a very smart business move.. whay close down something and them update the attractions

I went to Disneyquest the last time we were at the World, back in January '09. I must say, it is sad and disgusting how they have let that place fall apart. I used to love it when it first opened. Totally innovative. However, they have really let the place go. Totally not worth the price they charge. On second thought, Disney has let that entire area go. Downtown Disney, with the exception of the marketplace, is terrible. No Pleasure Island, Disneyquest falling apart, shops closing....They need to get with the program. I know the problem is with the crime they have experienced there with mostly local criminals. This is, in my opinion, easy to fix. Control access to Downtown Disney in some way. Make it have some admission fee (Small fee, that is) or limit access to people with theme park passes or something. Anything to keep the rift raft out. You do that, and Downtown Disney will come back to life. Well, that is if they would reopen Pleasure Island. I loved that place. They should have left it by admission as it was in the past. Boy, the Disney company really dropped the ball on Downtown Disney. I remember it in its heyday. Amazing. Course, that was under Eisner (dare I speak his name!?). Please Disney Company, breathe new life into Downtown Disney. And......

BRING BACK THE ADVENTURERS CLUB!!
Kungaloosh (That means thread drift in Adventurer Club Speak.....)

sponono88

Haha, idk, I just don't see what would be so great about WoC. From what I've seen, all it is is dancing water with projections on it.

Well, yes, but that's a very simple way of looking at it and doesn't begin to describe the huge scope of the project. And if that's all you've seen, then you really haven't seen much..

Let's see
- Over 1,200 fountains that can reach a height range of 30 to 200 feet. Each individual nozzle has its own LED ring.
- New laser and mist screen technology.
- Fire effects that include fire balls and fire whips, featuring more fire than any other Disney show.
- World's biggest water projection screen.
- An 80-ft telescoping Chernabog tower.
- A show platform the size of a football field that can submerge under the water and stay hidden during the day. It's able to rise up to do the show at night and come up all the way out of the water for maintenance.
- Projection domes
- Almost 30 HD Projectors, a lot of meefog, huge surround sound system.
- Strobes, syncrolite searchlights and many other lighting fixtures like Vari-lites around the entire lagoon.
- All this in addition to many other effects, including some that are located within the viewing area itself (hidden fountains, bubble machines, etc.)

And those are just some of the technical details - you still have the new and very big orchestral score, new viewing area, and new animation created for the show (hand-drawn, CGI by Pixar, and paper animation). Steven Davison and his team have been working on this project for nearly 5 years. The show is also planned to have Christmas and Halloween overlays, as well as different encores that will take place after each show.

World of Color is a thrilling celebration of the colorful worlds of Disney, re-imagined through a myriad of fantastic fountains, brilliant lights, dramatic fire, stunning sound and animated projection effects. It's an illuminating experience where a few drops of creativity catapult us through familiar sights and songs into new and amazing places. A radiant liquid tapestry splashes before our eyes, releasing a flood of Disney memories to thrill us, charm us, make us laugh, defy our fears and move us to tears.

As we reach the end of our journeys, we are immersed in an amazing rainbow of dreams that reminds us how wonderful and colorful Disney's world can be and that our own wonderful world of color is just a dream away.

DSC09963.jpg

Biff215

While I would love to see WoC come to WDW at some point, there has to be next to a zero chance that it would ever happen at DTD. Disney isn't going to make that huge investment just to give it away for free to anyone who stops by. It would create even more problems with parking there. I understand it could lead to higher sales at the stores and restaurants, but keep in mind how many of those Disney actually owns and operates these days. In my opinion, DTD is unlikely to ever get a nighttime show and the abandoned NYE fireworks is proof of that.

lilclerk

Haha, idk, I just don't see what would be so great about WoC. From what I've seen, all it is is dancing water with projections on it.

You know, one of the reasons I don't like Fantasmic is all the projections on water screens bored me terribly. But even I think WoC looks incredible.

disneycouple07

Does anyone have additional information on the Toy Story Mania rehab? We have that attraction on "must do" list for our September visit, but I read the rumor of Disney starting the rehab in August. We've always walked past due to the long line but this upcoming trip I planned on getting fastpasses.

glee

Monorails always seem clean. :sohappy: Everything actually seems clean at disney. I hope they clean the games at disney quest!:animwink:;):wave:

kingdaniel97

Does anyone have additional information on the Toy Story Mania rehab? We have that attraction on "must do" list for our September visit, but I read the rumor of Disney starting the rehab in August. We've always walked past due to the long line but this upcoming trip I planned on getting fastpasses.

It's gonna be down in August?!? How long? It's going to be my friend's first trip to Disney since he was a little kid and I really wanted him to ride that. It would be seriously disappointing if he couldn't ride it and then I may have to take him on *gulp* Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin... Even then I'd have to say, "Imagine this, but with much less suck."

disneycouple07

It's gonna be down in August?!? How long? It's going to be my friend's first trip to Disney since he was a little kid and I really wanted him to ride that. It would be seriously disappointing if he couldn't ride it and then I may have to take him on *gulp* Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin... Even then I'd have to say, "Imagine this, but with much less suck."

I read 15 Aug - 05 Sep to add material from Toy Story 3. I hope this is just a rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom