Ok, I've got some questions.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The day they do that will be the same day they start charging you to visit DTD.

There's enough else to be charged for at DtD that I don't think a fee for a new water attraction would be added to the list....

redkoala245

Could they just do World of Color in DHS and get rid of Fantasmic? Honestly, i think Fantasmic has got to go…
I love ROE. I don't want that replaced at Epcot.
I can't see any nighttime shows at AK cuz that can disturb the animals.

yeti

It just might attract people who normally wouldn't go the DTD. :shrug:

There's enough else to be charged for at DtD that I don't think a fee for a new water attraction would be added to the list....

Good points.

But if we're talking about technology resembling the epic WoC, wouldn't they prefer to save it for the parks? I just see it as making a whole lot more profit that way: they advertise it a lot, they put it in a theme park, tons of people directly paying entry fees just to come see it..

vs

Advertising it alot, putting it in DTD, then relying on the only income for the whole shabang being more people in DTD to shop.

Theme park wins out. IMO.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Good points.

But if we're talking about technology resembling the epic WoC, wouldn't they prefer to save it for the parks? I just see it as making a whole lot more profit that way: they advertise it a lot, they put it in a theme park, tons of people directly paying entry fees just to come see it..

vs

Advertising it alot, putting it in DTD, then relying on the only income for the whole shabang being more people in DTD to shop.

Theme park wins out. IMO.

Well, it could be a 6-1/half-dozen argument. If people are already coming to the theme parks, will something like WoC make that much of an increase in the numbers through the gates? Or, can you take those numbers along with your locals in the area and put it in DtD where they could shop and eat?

Bottom line is though, that area has been vacant for quite some time now, and it doesn't appear TDO has much interest in putting any capital in there.

Biff215

It just might attract people who normally wouldn't go the DTD. :shrug:

DTD has no shortage of guests, it's just that PI and the West Side have floundered as Disney makes changes there. It's rare that the Marketplace isn't jammed with people. They would also be in PI and the WS if there was actually anything there worth spending money on.

Biff215

Could they just do World of Color in DHS and get rid of Fantasmic? Honestly, i think Fantasmic has got to go…
I love ROE. I don't want that replaced at Epcot.
I can't see any nighttime shows at AK cuz that can disturb the animals.

Could it replace Fantasmic? Possibly, with some major modifications.

Will it? Unlikely, given F! is only shown a few nights and still draws them in and sells tons of dinner packages.

As much as I love RoE, it would be cool to see a WoC-type show 360 degrees around WS Lagoon. Not sure about the theming of the DCA show, however. That may need some work to fit with the WS theme.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DTD has no shortage of guests, it's just that PI and the West Side have floundered as Disney makes changes there. It's rare that the Marketplace isn't jammed with people. They would also be in PI and the WS if there was actually anything there worth spending money on.

And whose fault is that? There won't be anything new exciting and bold until Disney does something to attract some vendors.

(waiting for JT to show back up!:lol:)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And whose fault is that? There won't be anything new exciting and bold until Disney does something to attract some vendors.

(waiting for JT to show back up!:lol:)

Why antagonize him? (Yes, that WAS rhetorical....:))

Little Leota

I hope they don't replace Fantasmic with WOC. I like ROE too, but Epcot would seem to be the better place for WOC. WS Circles around the entire lake so more guests could enjoy viewing WOC at one time.

Also, Wasn't there a rumor that Disney Quest in DTD was closing along with the one in Chicago? I hope not. Haven't been there in years, but am supposed to go next week. After reading everyones comments on the condition of it, I am having second thoughts of going lol.

kingdaniel97

I hope they don't replace Fantasmic with WOC. I like ROE too, but Epcot would seem to be the better place for WOC. WS Circles around the entire lake so more guests could enjoy viewing WOC at one time.

Also, Wasn't there a rumor that Disney Quest in DTD was closing along with the one in Chicago? I hope not. Haven't been there in years, but am supposed to go next week. After reading everyones comments on the condition of it, I am having second thoughts of going lol.

The one in Chicago's been deen since 01... It's crap regardless, most of the rides are either broken or outdated. The Aladdin/Pirates rides belong on the PS2 and Jungle Cruise isn't much better. Almost all of the "comics" Machines are broken and There's only 2 places to get any kinds of food.

Biff215

Agreed, I just can't see it being anything on the scale of WoC. A basic fountain show on the lake would go a long way and wouldn't upset the neighbors (Saratoga where I'm an owner). :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom