Ohanas or Chef Mickeys

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Original Poster
We want to do one caracter breakfast while we are down in Sept. Which would you recommend. Ohanas or Chef Mickeys? It will be my wife, 3 yo son and myself.

Mr.EPCOT

I highly recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Breakfast at 'Ohana isn't anything special to me (I remember the Papeete Bay Verandah's Minnie's Menehune Breakfast being way better), but dinner there is amazing!

Disneykidder

These are my 2 FAVORITE places to eat when at the World. I haave never eaten CM breakfast, but we LOVE this place! We have eaten at O'Hana's for dinner and breakfast. We loved their breakfast. They kept it coming and it was good!! My husband could not get enough of their Hawaiian bread. I am sure CM has a better variety since it is a buffet, but O was awesome.

Maybe the decision can be characters. At CM there is Mic, Min, C and D, Don and Goofy. Last time we were there C and C was not but they usually are. O has Mic, Stitch and Pluto. Both places are fun. O had a parade around the room with all fo the kids and the characters.

Hope this has helped!!:)

joanna71985

These are my 2 FAVORITE places to eat when at the World. I haave never eaten CM breakfast, but we LOVE this place! We have eaten at O'Hana's for dinner and breakfast. We loved their breakfast. They kept it coming and it was good!! My husband could not get enough of their Hawaiian bread. I am sure CM has a better variety since it is a buffet, but O was awesome.

Maybe the decision can be characters. At CM there is Mic, Min, C and D, Don and Goofy. Last time we were there C and C was not but they usually are. O has Mic, Stitch and Pluto. Both places are fun. O had a parade around the room with all fo the kids and the characters.

Hope this has helped!!:)

Chip and Dale are no longer at CM. It is just Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald.

KYMouseFan

We want to do one caracter breakfast while we are down in Sept. Which would you recommend. Ohanas or Chef Mickeys? It will be my wife, 3 yo son and myself.

I'll give you my opinion in about a month. We are there 3/29 - 4/5 and are eating at both. We have not been to either for breakfast.
:wave:

Disneykidder

Well, that would explain why C and D weren't there. Good to know.

I'd plan on about an hour from start to finish, depending on how fast you eat and how busy it is for the characters to circulate. CM maybe longer, it is a bigger place.

Mr.EPCOT

This is a public service announcement:

[size=+10]'Ohana[/size]

is the correct title and spelling of the restaurant. No possessive "s," and no apostrophe in wild wacky places.

Thank you.

lscott933

well i would say you would spend about 45 minutes to an hour at each place. at chef mickey they have the napkin dance and at the ohana they have the parade with kids around the place. they are both nice.
at chef mickeys it is all buffet. at ohana it is a family style meal.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is a public service announcement:

[size=+10]'Ohana[/size]

is the correct title and spelling of the restaurant. No possessive "s," and no apostrophe in wild wacky places.

Thank you.
Are you sure it isn't O'Hana's Irish Pub ? :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is there a smiley that would portray blowing my brains out?

Let me check....

edit:

I actually found one, but it was too gruesome to post.

So I give you this instead:
012.gif

ranDISle

i no it wasnt one of the options but crystal palace has a great
character breakfast

I haven't had breakfast at 'Ohana, we had dinner there the last time I went. If you are traveling with kids I would not suggest eating dinner at 'Ohana. They would not like the food, it's very "exotic"...there was very little that I as an adult that likes to try everything (which I did try EVERYTHING :)) had a hard time trying to find anything I liked.

As for Crystal Palace, I HAVE had breakfast there, and it WAS fantastic!! Make sure to go to the Kids Buffet and try some of their "french toast" DELICIOUS!

Mr.EPCOT

I haven't had breakfast at 'Ohana, we had dinner there the last time I went. If you are traveling with kids I would not suggest eating dinner at 'Ohana. They would not like the food, it's very "exotic"...there was very little that I as an adult that likes to try everything (which I did try EVERYTHING :)) had a hard time trying to find anything I liked.

Personally, I'm extremely picky, and 'Ohana is my favorite restaurant anywhere. It's just steak, turkey, shrimp, and pork. I think if you don't like that you'll have trouble finding nice, good food anywhere.

diddy_mouse

DH and I had a blast at Chef Mickey's dinner when we went in Dec. The food was average but filling and the characters were so much fun. If I was more of a breakfast person I think I would have enjoyed it just the same. The spread looked pretty good from what I saw on TV one time.

I almost forgot 'Ohana did a character breakfast (isn't it called Lilo and Stitch Best Friends Breakfast?) Well, the good thing about either of those restaurants is that you're close to the MK when you're done! :)

Disneykidder

Geez, I know your public service announcement was in reference to me. I sincerely apoligize if I have offended you by spelling the name of 'OHANA incorrectly. So many people on here use incorrect spelling and especially grammar, but I don't go and correct them. It's a post, not a term paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom