Oh, things you just HATE to hear!

WeirdOne

My Mother Upon Entering Main Street - "This isn't Orlando! This isn't Orlando!"
My Brother After Seeing The Castle For The First Time - "Mommy, Mommy, I can see Walt's grave up there"
My French Teacher On Test Track Trying To Talk To AA's - "Tu Parle Français? Oh **** You Too Buddy!"

Anyways, I got more, its getting late here though.

- The WeirdOne :D

cm1988

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
What are some frases you HATE to hear ...? :lol:

Mine happen to be...

"THE BIG BALL!" ..or.. "THE GIANT GOLF BALL!" when referring to Spaceship Earth. Tsk...tsk...at least call it a geosphere...tsk tsk...

"THE BIG TREE!" for the Tree of Life. OK, it is a BIG TREE...but it has a name! :lol:

Anyone?

Not that I hate to hear them, but some of the odder comments or questions heard over the years are:

"We're going to Disney World tomorrow" (said at Epcot)
"What's at the Monaco pavilion?" (approaching Morocco)
"There's something inside that???" (Spaceship Earth)

Maria

I shouldn´t post this, but as cast members we heard sometimes some guest complainning about something, and warning us, "I own Disney shares so I can get you fired". We were frightened...really... :rolleyes: ;)

NowInc

Originally posted by Maria
I shouldn´t post this, but as cast members we heard sometimes some guest complainning about something, and warning us, "I own Disney shares so I can get you fired". We were frightened...really... :rolleyes: ;)

LoL...wow...if that were true, Disney would have maybe 5 CMs left...since everyone and their dog seems to have Disney stock now-a-days....

Heres one I heard recently::

"I know I shouldnt be riding this, I have a very weak stomach...I'll just make sure I sit in the back"..

ewwwwwww........

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc

"I know I shouldnt be riding this, I have a very weak stomach...I'll just make sure I sit in the back"..

ewwwwwww........
\

That's OK, I'll wait for the next car/boat/show/ride etc.! ;)

NowInc

Thats nothing....remember..I speak greek, and most my friends speak spanish, french, german, and a few others...i am being kind and only hearing the ENGLISH stuff I hear...you REALLLLLLY dont want to know some of the things that come from the others ;)

Grim Grinner

I'm guilty about asking for the Disney drawn pencil sketch. I swear that I didn't hear anything about legalities or such. I only asked once... and didn't make myself a nuisance...

RyanS

My mom calls the magic kingdom disney world because, "it was disney world when i came here as a kid. shut up, don't correct me."

that bugs me. of course, the chanting and singing tour groups too. what else, umm golf ball...yada yada yada...mixing up wdw with universal....people who ask why darth vader wasn't on star tours....the animals look so real on kilimanjaro safaris.... i'm sure that's more, but that's all that comes to mind.

J.E.Smith

I've never heard any dumb comments on any of my trips.

Well, maybe this one...

Me and my family get on Big Thunder Mountain.

Me: Remember to look out for the flooded town when we go up one of the hills!

The rest of my family: Huh??

Then again, we didn't go on BTMR much when as I kid, so maybe they forgot...

My signature is something I saw on a "Stupid Things You Hear People Say at WDW" topic on another Disney forum, actually.

Belle13

"How do I get to Disney World?", as they are standing in Epcot.

"Can I take the monorail from here to Universal?"

International tourists pretending they can't speak English when you try to tell them they are cutting in line, and then you hear them speak better English than we do.

Stockholders who try to wield their power just because they happen to own a few shares...guess what buddy, I do too!

"Why do they get to get on the ride before us, we've been standing here a 1/2 hour---who do they think they are?", as they watch you walk past them in the Fastpass line.

Overtired, crying kids being pushed past their limits and their overtired, frustrated parents saying "For all the money I've spent bringing you to the Happiest Place on Earth, you WILL enjoy it! Now shut up!" Yeah, they'll enjoy it alright!!!!

Whining, in any way, shape or form.

NowInc

I guess I should contribute some more...

"OMG honey..I cant believe you did that..there are kids here!" (I reallllly dont want to know what he did)

"This is where grandpa lost his glass eye" (this is one of the few thing I have heard in my life that caused me to spit out soda because of utter "shock")

"Someone here touched my butt, I am going to sue Disney for ***ual harrasment"

"No honey, dont eat that..you dont know where it's been" (after a child picked up a turkey leg off of the floor)

I can think of more...just need to really sit down and remember...

chellnjr

"This is where grandpa lost his glass eye" (this is one of the few thing I have heard in my life that caused me to spit out soda because of utter "shock")

All I can say is EWWWWW that is just nasty. It seems like I heard a radio show one time about that subject!

DanStat

Sorry, but I have to respond to these:

Who should request a refund from their university...
Who's brain paracute unfortunetly failed to open?
Whose talents are better suited for silent film?
Where does knowledge go to die?
Who's the rotten tooth that needs to be pulled?

OK...sorry, but some of those answers were so...um...I can't even describe it!

:D

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
I have one,

"are all these flags American flags?" - said by a southern gentleman while on walking into The American Adventure.

MGMBoy

"How long does it take to ride the tram to Disney World (MK)?" (Asked at Studios)

"Where can I catch the monorail from here to Animal World?" (Again at Studios)

Now to resurrect one of my favorite quotes and apply it to these situations.

"...A place where the blissfully ignorant meets the blaringly stupid." :hammer:

Later.

TURKEY

I've had people ask me what country the flags on the wall were. I work at Liberty Inn. There are pictures of the 13 colonies' original flags.

I kept telling them that they were the original 13 colonies flags, but they keep telling me that they are from one of those states and that isn't there flag.

Brett

My ex-girlfriends mother refused to admit EPCOT was part of Walt Disney World. She continuously said she's never been to Walt Disney World, but has been to EPCOT. I think this was a major contribution to our breakup!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom