Oh dear - my worst fear

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a scratchy throat and am feeling terribly run down. I'm pumping airborne and emergen c. Drinking tea and honey. We leave in 8 days!!! This is my worst fear! I hope its just allergies but i'm afraid i'm getting a cold. :(

kasey1988

Ive been feeling the same today today, run down/tierd.. Just feelingthat somthing is coming, i work hands on with children in care, all of whom had very bad runny noses/coughs since friday! Ive been pumping the citamins and washing my hands like crazy! But i think i got it :(

Upvote 0

laynalee07

I know what u mean... We are leaving in 4 days and a lady at work that sits right beside me has a horrible cold and I am scared to death that I am gonna catch it from her.... I literally almost made myself pass out today from trying to hold my breath after she had a coughing fit... Haha... My desk is now white with lysol residue! :)

Upvote 0

SosoDude

We fly out tomorrow morning and my wife just developed a terrible u.t.i. and my acid reflux just flared up. Its like these problems just COULDN'T WAIT for our trip to get here. Oh well, better to be sick somewhere wonderfully than at work. Hope you feel better soon!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I don't know if you want to try it, but my mom is a teacher and she swears by the following "tea" recipe. She got it from one of her doctors...they use it in their office any time anyone feels any kind of bug coming on...

"quarter one fresh lemon and put the quarters in a saucepan with water and two cloves of fresh garlic(I peeled them). I put in enough water to cover the fruit, heated it for about 15 minutes, add homey to taste, and it made about 1 large mug of "tea". Before pouring the liquid out of the pan, I mashed the lemon wedges and tried to mash the garlic cloves to get the juice out of them, then disposed of them. I poured the tea into a mug and added honey to taste--you really do need it for flavoring and I think it also is considered a healing element. You're supposed to drink it hot, but it took me about 30 minutes to finish it. It smells kind of like shrimp scampi, but I ignored that."

She says in about 24 hrs she's usually back to normal.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I don't know if you want to try it, but my mom is a teacher and she swears by the following "tea" recipe. She got it from one of her doctors...they use it in their office any time anyone feels any kind of bug coming on...

"quarter one fresh lemon and put the quarters in a saucepan with water and two cloves of fresh garlic(I peeled them). I put in enough water to cover the fruit, heated it for about 15 minutes, add homey to taste, and it made about 1 large mug of "tea". Before pouring the liquid out of the pan, I mashed the lemon wedges and tried to mash the garlic cloves to get the juice out of them, then disposed of them. I poured the tea into a mug and added honey to taste--you really do need it for flavoring and I think it also is considered a healing element. You're supposed to drink it hot, but it took me about 30 minutes to finish it. It smells kind of like shrimp scampi, but I ignored that."

She says in about 24 hrs she's usually back to normal.

I will try anything! I'm a nanny so around kids all the time. I will try it! :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
go to the doctor and get some antibiotics. that way you will have a greater chance of getting better :)

I need to find a friend or a doc that will just call them in for me. I go to this doctor who is nice and everything but is so stingy about the antibiotic scripts! I can feel it in my throat - i have had this 1000% times - i need antibiotics but they won't give them to me UNTIL it turns into something worse. It stinks!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Oh no!! Things are starting to go around again. My nephew & niece started school last week and already have colds & ear infections. =(

I fight colds with loads of orange juice. Matt told me that it worked, and I told him he was nuts. But it really has helped my last few colds! It's all the extra vitamin C maybe. Get some orange juice & drink lots of it, along with whatever else is working. Feel better ♥

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I need to find a friend or a doc that will just call them in for me. I go to this doctor who is nice and everything but is so stingy about the antibiotic scripts! I can feel it in my throat - i have had this 1000% times - i need antibiotics but they won't give them to me UNTIL it turns into something worse. It stinks!
go to walgreens or cvs care clinic. i did that once while i was at school

Upvote 0

Alison1975

Gargle warm salt water..my daughter has a sore throat Sat and Sun so we started the salt water thing and she's back to normal today.

Upvote 0
Doctors usually respond better when you tell them you will be near thousands of people within a week (especially if you are flying). Tell them you will be at Disney and are worried about being sick on your trip. I did that last time I went to the doctor before a trip and they gave me a script and had me start it as a precaution in case I was getting sick.

But be careful! Some antibiotics make you sensitive to sun, so wear lots of sunblock and drink plenty of water if you are on them.

Most important - try not to stress! Easy to say, but hard to do when planning to leave. But stress can make you sick.

I'm sure you will be fine and have a great time!

Upvote 0
Tell the doctor that you are blowing out yellow greenish mucus from your nose. I know that's gross but that's what you have to tell the doctors to get an antibiotic.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

go to the doctor and get some antibiotics. that way you will have a greater chance of getting better :)

This...and sooner than later. Hope you are well and have a great time!
75.gif

Upvote 0

journ116

I know this might sound weird to some, but it's worked for my family: whenever my kids start with a cold or cough, in addition to rubbing Vix on the chest & neck, I rub Vix on the bottom of their feet @ night, and slip on a pair of socks. We do this for 3 nights. I also run a cleaned-out humidifier and plug in a Vix Vapor plug-in (found at Walmart).

Also, whenever I feel a cold coming on (which was this past weekend courtesy of my DD6), I take some ibprofen (2 every 6 hrs), drink lemon water, hot tea with honey, and constantly keep moving (thanks to my part-time job as a barista, this was no problem). Something about the adrenaline rush, 'sweating out the germs' & lemon seems to stave off the worst of the cold. Lastly, I am constantly washing and sanitizing hands, and Clorox wiping my house where germy hands might've touched, and changing out the bedding and towels after only 24 hrs. of use.

Unless you have a bacterial infection, an antibiotic will not help you and could harm you in the long run. However, you know your body best, and if you're still not feeling the slightest bit better 48 hrs. before you leave, schedule a visit with your doc.

I know it's hard, but the goal is: don't stress, because when the body is stressed, chemicals change and your body cannot effectively fight the infection. There have been times though (3 thus far), where my DD6 developed a sinus infection, bronchitis and borderline pneumonia 48 hrs. before a trip. Needless to say, she'd miss an extra day of school to rest and visit the doctor. I think the germs want to go along for the magical experience;) .

Feel better soon!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom