Official Disneyland Resort and good neighbor hotels reviews

Mike730

Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites anyone?

I have not personally stayed there. The poster quoted below may be in the only mention of this place so far in this thread.

Desert Inn and Suites: Great location, fine for a no-frills trip where it's just a place to sleep, but poor soundproofing that made it difficult to rest up and sleep in the middle of the day.

Mark Norris

Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites anyone?

We've stayed there 8 or 9 times over the last 10 years or so. Definitely no-frills, but the location can't be beat and their 'parlor suites' are usually really cheap. They are booked up for our next visit, so I think we are going to try out the Desert Palms this time around (they donate 5% to Autism Speaks if you pay the normal, non-AAA rate)...

popcenturylover

We've stayed there 8 or 9 times over the last 10 years or so. Definitely no-frills, but the location can't be beat and their 'parlor suites' are usually really cheap. They are booked up for our next visit, so I think we are going to try out the Desert Palms this time around (they donate 5% to Autism Speaks if you pay the normal, non-AAA rate)...
Thank you! We booked it for our 1st trip in June. Figured it was a cheap place just to lay our heads after returning from the parks.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Hey guys I have read the thread but still need some help. i am going this summer (june or july) with my girlfriend and looking for a decent hotel not expensive. gonna use it to sleep in thats it. most of the time will be in the park. looking for a 3 night stay that wont break the bank. any helpful suggestions? this never was a issue for me when i lived in cali. don't want a place that looks like i can get murdered in but i want a place decent enough where i feel safe to sleep in and not get attacked by bed bugs. any help would be appreciated.

Darkbeer1

the_rich

In October of 2018 I stayed in the Four points by Sheraton on S Harbor Blvd. Paid around $100 a night. Room was pretty large and seemed to have been renovated recently. Very clean with good house cleaning. They also had a restaurant and bar, ate there once and it was pretty good. About a 10 min walk to the entrance of the parks or a $5 uber ride.

In June of 2019 I stayed in the Grand Californian. Its right up there with the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian as my favorite Disney hotel. The separate entrance to DCA is great. The themeing is top notch and everything was very clean. The food in the grab n go was good. Didn't go in the pool but it definitely looked nice.

TiggerDad

We enjoyed the Fairfield, although our room didn't have the lovely mural above. The Panera in the parking lot was a nice option for food and the walk wasn't too bad. My only complaint was a long wait for the elevator, so we took the stairs except when dragging suitcases.
We tried the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn (south of the entrance) a few years back and it was not as nice. There was a lot of construction at the time, so it may have improved since then. Still passable, just not at Marriott standards.
Did a convention at Anaheim Marriott and it was typical convention hotel. Didn't make it to the parks that trip, so can't speak to the walk.
Finally, over a decade ago, we stayed at a place on the north side of Ball. Was thinking it was a Sheraton, but not finding it on the map now. The only thing I remember is that it wasn't as convenient to have to wait for a shuttle. There's so many good options on Harbor that I wouldn't stay somewhere that required a shuttle. And while we always stay on site in FL, it's not worth the cost in CA for an official Disney hotel.

Darkbeer1

Finally, over a decade ago, we stayed at a place on the north side of Ball. Was thinking it was a Sheraton, but not finding it on the map now. The only thing I remember is that it wasn't as convenient to have to wait for a shuttle. There's so many good options on Harbor that I wouldn't stay somewhere that required a shuttle. And while we always stay on site in FL, it's not worth the cost in CA for an official Disney hotel.

Now an Independent Hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom