Official and Unofficial: Ask your Disney Questions

bartman454

Original Poster
Hi there fellow WDWMAGIC readers, its been a long time since I have posted to this board but I thought it would be nice to start a new thread here and try to answer any questions anyone has about WDW.

I've been working for WDW for about 5 years at both the parks and the resorts. I would like to be able to answer some questions for you readers that you might have about stuff and give you the Official and the Unofficial answers to, as well as some commentary. So here's the deal I will answer at least one question a day guaranteed or as many as time allows for me. So thats it for now feel free to ask me any questions, and to conceal my identity you can just call me bartman:animwink:

bartman454

Original Poster
Well that wasnt the first question I was expecting but here it goes

Official Answer: No my initials are not B.Z.

Unofficial Answer: I have worked at many of the resorts and almost all the attractions at Hollywood Studios. I also have a friend who worked on the recent upgrades to the Haunted Mansion as well. By the way its an excellent upgrade to the Mansion and came very close to topping my trip to the Haunted Mansion Holiday over at DL last year.

forevermickey

I would LOVE to work at the WDW resort! As I know a lot of people have expressed on this board.
What prompted you to seek employment with WDW
What is the best and not so great points of working at WDW
Where was your fav. place to work within the world
what resorts did you work at and which was your fav
How do you seek employment and can you choose an area you would like to be in

KSwart

How bad is it really going to be between the first 2 Star Wars weekends this year with the Star Tours reopening? We will be there from the 23rd - 29th and it is going to be our 4 girls (ages 9, 8, 5, & 3) first trip. They are really excited so I hope the parks won't be too crazy... Plus they older two and Mommy are really excited about Star Wars so hoping to be able to enjoy it too. Thanks! :wave:

iitmfl2

...what do you love most about working at WDW (give like a top 5) and what are the "not-so-great" things you see need improvement?

NewfieFan

What's the least crowded time to come in the summer? (...if there is one!)

I can answer that one for you! The very end of August! Go as late in August as you can go and you will avoid some of the maddness. It's not as empty as Sept. by any stretch of the imagination but it's certainly not as bad as July through to mid-August!

Hope this helps!

Bulldog1653

Wow Bartman, looks like you have a LOT of questions here on this topic. I only have a few.

1. Has there been recent discussion about expanding the monorail to the other parks like Animal Kingdom?

2. Will people be allowed to ride in the front cab of the monorail again?

3. Has the bus system become more efficient since 2008?

4. Are there plans in the works to add more resorts or parks?

Krack

Do all the bus drivers get their information from the same source at the same time? Or is it one James Bond bus driver who has all the information and then disseminates it to the others?

Uncle Lupe

Are you El Barto?

772791150_e1b4f12f8f.jpg

bartman454

Original Poster
Wow this column just got going real quick, well I'll just answer first come first serve to make it fair.

As for the weather in the beginning of November it fluctuates sometimes the summer hangs around a little long other times the winter starts up early but overall the weather isnt too bad and on the plus side crowds at the parks are definitely slower during this time.

Dont worry more answers coming up in a bit.

bartman454

Original Poster
I would LOVE to work at the WDW resort! As I know a lot of people have expressed on this board.
What prompted you to seek employment with WDW
What is the best and not so great points of working at WDW
Where was your fav. place to work within the world
what resorts did you work at and which was your fav
How do you seek employment and can you choose an area you would like to be in

Hi folks I finally figured out how to do the quote thing so this will make replying to questions much easier.
As for seeking employment at Disney I went to the Disney World College Program in 2003 and worked at the Backlot Tour, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Playhouse Disney. It was a chance to do something a little different, get to work at the same park I had been coming to since I was a few months old.

After that I went back to college,graduated, then decided to come back and try the other side of Hollywood Studios. In the end the only major attractions I havent worked are Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Toy Story Midway Mania.

As for best and worst aspects lets get the negative stuff out of the way. First off is pay. You dont get paid a whole lot working at Disney, save for a few entertainment roles and certain maintenance roles that require special training. Also certain managers (not all of them) have a history of abusing their powers or keeping attractions running under very bad circumstances (show not working, gas leak) As for the good stuff if you work at the right attraction it can be a lot of fun with your cast members, I even dated a couple ladies from there (but thats a whole other column.) You get to work with celebrities, in fact for a very brief period I got to work directly for Anthony Daniels (C3P0) during one of the Star Wars Weekends.

As for favorite place to work it would have to be The Great Movie Ride. At this ride we had to stay on script, I mean to the word. So the real fun would begin when the ride broke down, thats when I got to improvise and start throwing out movie trivia, games, or even singing cars.

As for resorts the best one I worked at so far was Kidani Village. The rooms arent cheap but they look fantastic and its a very unique resort thats not right in the middle of the Magic Kingdom. Also check out Sanaa, its a really good restaurant that a lot of people dont know about.

Finally, as for seeking employment you get to choose what area you work in but you wont get to choose precisely which attraction. For example, if you want to work at the Haunted Mansion when you apply for a job you would have to apply for the Liberty Square attractions area when you are interviewing. In order to fill their labor needs they want to be able to work you in whatever attraction they need as a lot of people only want to work certain popular attractions (Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain etc) instead of lesser popular attractions (Circle of Life theater, Sounds Dangerous, and ugh Stitch's Great Escape.)

As for availability it all depends on where you want to work. If you dont mind where you work at Disney just ask for either Housekeeping or Quick Service Restaurant, you'll have no problem at all (PS Dont work in Quick Service its pain:fork:)

Anyhoo hope that answered your questions Forever Mickey and as for everybody else I am typing as fast as I can without getting carpal tunnel so hang in there

Bartman

bartman454

Original Poster
Hi folks i will go ahead and answer a couple quick questions to try and catch up.

First off this is for KSwart, generally speaking the parks wont be too bad during the week until near the end of your trip. Magic Kingdom is practically always busy lately however if you want to go to Hollywood Studios during a slower time make sure to go on a day where they are not showing Fantasmic.

As to Biggie Disney's question

Official Answer: Jude is a quality example of the finest management people in this wonderful world of Disney.

Unofficial Answer: I dont know, now I have that "Hey Jude" song stuck in my head grr

Bartman

bartman454

Original Poster
Ok folks its Bartman time to answer a few more questions

First off the question. In the Original Star Tours which death star are we blowing up?

Official Answer: The same Death Star from A New Hope, good thing we were there to help Luke.

Unofficial Answer: Actually it was the little heard of 3rd Death Star. Apparently every time the Empire has a problem rather than sending in a bunch of stealth ships to sneak in and take care of the problem they make a giant ball which by the way always has one little unprotected area that nobody in the Empire can keep their mouth shut about since the Rebels always find out about it. You think the US is in debt just think about how much space cash they've blown on these Death Stars yeesh.

Bartman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom