Official 2020 College Football Thread!!!!

Lilofan

Your post is wrong info.

The rules were changed yesterday afternoon. OSU is playing in the B1G championship.
Which means.. they will almost definitely be in the playoffs.
How utterly odd that the " rules" were changed yesterday to allow OSU to play for the Big10 championship.

21stamps

Original Poster
How utterly odd that the " rules" were changed yesterday to allow OSU to play for the Big10 championship.
It’s not really so odd considering the “rules” were set a month or so ago. The B1G is the one who set the rules in the first place. Not the playoff committee.

If you are interested in the story, there’s about 8 million articles or videos to choose from.

Dad 2 M & M

@Dad 2 M & M Did you see this? You don’t have to be an OSU fan to enjoy it.
First time in 80something years that this game isn’t being played. 😢

Powerful for sure!

And it looks like you’ll be headed to Indianapolis anyway.....

Crazy thoughts on the Playoff if:

B1G
1) Northwestern wins title...does any B1G go?

SEC
1) Florida squeaks by Bama.....who gets left out?

ACC
1) Notre Dame sweeps Clemson .... who gets the 4th slot?
2) Clemson destroys Notre Dame....does Notre Dame STILL go?

ACC/SEC
1) Florida and Clemson both win their conference? Biggest nightmare of all as you could see all 4 go, or 1 of the 4 being left out in favor of OSU

Win out and you’re in:
Bama
Notre Dame
Clemson
OSU
Florida....not a sure thing but should be safe

Win out and hope that:
Northwestern- needs Notre Dame to beat Clemson, and wouldn’t hurt for Bama to beat Florida

Texas A&M - you are Bama and Notre Dame’s biggest fan

Cincinatti- same as A&M AND needs A&M to lose

21stamps

Original Poster
Powerful for sure!

And it looks like you’ll be headed to Indianapolis anyway.....

Crazy thoughts on the Playoff if:

B1G
1) Northwestern wins title...does any B1G go?

SEC
1) Florida squeaks by Bama.....who gets left out?

ACC
1) Notre Dame sweeps Clemson .... who gets the 4th slot?
2) Clemson destroys Notre Dame....does Notre Dame STILL go?

ACC/SEC
1) Florida and Clemson both win their conference? Biggest nightmare of all as you could see all 4 go, or 1 of the 4 being left out in favor of OSU

Win out and you’re in:
Bama
Notre Dame
Clemson
OSU
Florida....not a sure thing but should be safe

Win out and hope that:
Northwestern- needs Notre Dame to beat Clemson, and wouldn’t hurt for Bama to beat Florida

Texas A&M - you are Bama and Notre Dame’s biggest fan

Cincinatti- same as A&M AND needs A&M to lose

I feel bad for Cincinnati, they’ve worked hard and had so many games compared to a few others. There’s much debate in my city about who will go to the playoffs and if it’s “fair”. I still think OSU deserves it.

21stamps

Original Poster
Yep....Who would want to see any teams other than Bama, OSU and Clemson?

Want Iowa State? ....and Iowa State is ranked ahead of Georgia and Florida?

I don’t even understand the complaints about the rule change itself, when the B1G is the reason for the rule in the first place.

Literally OSU had guys who had already left to prepare for the draft, came back to play this last season when the B1G allowed it.

Justin Fields is undeniable.

How many of these guy will go to the NFL next year?

Lastly, without OSU, the B1G would be left out of the playoffs entirely. Doesn’t make sense for them to inflict that on themselves, purposely.

A lot of mistakes were made in decision making this year, changing that rule was not one of them.

Dad 2 M & M

@21stamps

Who is the last team to get in?
A&M? Notre Dame? or maybe Okie?

Seems obvious Bama is #1 and that will give the Committee the additional challenge of how/who to Seed #4.

With the ADDITIONAL match up challenge:

A&M
- it seems A&M would either have to somehow be #3, as the Committee wouldn't want to see a Semifinal matchup of Bama/A&M.
- scenario would be drop OSU to 4, and A&M slotted as 3

Easiest way would be to give 4 to Notre Dame or Okie....with no scenario of Cincinnati getting in

My thoughts on who wins this tournament:
Bama can't beat either Clemson or OSU without scoring 60+, so the winner of the Rose Bowl, being played in Texas, will be the National Champion....this assumes OSU/Clemson play in the Rose...........

Heisman:

- Best Player is Trevor Lawrence and has been the best player in every game he has played
- Justin Fields is better than either Mac or Kyle

My vote goes to Trevor

Lilofan

@21stamps

Seems obvious Bama is #1 and that will give the Committee the additional challenge of how/who to Seed #4.

A&M
- it seems A&M would either have to somehow be #3, as the Committee wouldn't want to see a Semifinal matchup of Bama/A&M.

Easiest way would be to give 4 to Notre Dame or Okie....with no scenario of Cincinnati getting in

Bama can't beat either Clemson or OSU without scoring 60+, so the winner of the Rose Bowl, being played in Texas, will be the National Champion....this assumes OSU/Clemson play in the Rose...........

Heisman:

- Best Player is Trevor Lawrence and has been the best player in every game he has played

My vote goes to Trevor
I can see Trevor going to the hapless NY Jets. They need any help possible. Trevor will get used to the NYC nightlife.

21stamps

Original Poster
@21stamps

A&M

Heisman:

My vote goes to Trevor

I think Trevor will get the Heisman.

The CFP rankings should be-
Alabama
Clemson
OSU
Cincinnati

but, that won’t happen, so I’m not sure who will be #4.

Dad 2 M & M

I can see Trevor going to the hapless NY Jets. They need any help possible. Trevor will get used to the NYC nightlife.
Can you see him staying in school for his Senior year? Speculation he might do so.......I can't see it, but that IS the speculation down here

**edit*** speaking of Draft stock....hopefully Atlanta is in the middle of a come from ahead loss....up 24-7, now it's 24-14
**edit*** x 2 ....killer! Tampa takes the lead 31-27
**edit** x 3 ....Falcons get help from a bad spot giving Tampa game clinching 1st down!!! Falcons lose...yippie!!

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Well,, it’s official

Alabama
Clemson
The Ohio State
Notre Dame
I watched until #4 was announced, and heard later Bama/Notre Dame were in the Rose Bowl (in Dallas this year). Did they ever say why Bama "chose" the Rose over the Sugar?

*edit* here is a link with the "announced" reasoning:

Dad 2 M & M

The rest of the New Year's' Six:

Cotton Dec 30
Oklahoma vs Florida
- One of the better matchups

Peach Jan 1
Georgia vs Cincinnati
- Can you hear the screams if Cincinnati beats an SEC Power (so called power).....maybe another self appointed co-national champion

Fiesta Jan 2
Oregon vs Iowa State
- any in person attendance?

Orange Jan 2
Texas A&M vs North Carolina
- A&M has to be really irked

Where did USC end up?

Ga will take care of Cincinnati for sure. I guarantee it. Of course I also guaranteed Auburn would dismantle UCF a few years back, but that was then. This is now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom