Official 2020 College Football Thread!!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
Coach Dabo of Clemson doesn't think seriously of OSU. He most recently rated them No. 11 in the nation.

It’s basically the same team as last year, and I’m sure he remembers how much the refs influenced that game.

I’d be shocked if he really doesn’t consider OSU as serious competition, id like to see his exact words on that.

Lilofan

It’s basically the same team as last year, and I’m sure he remembers how much the refs influenced that game.

I’d be shocked if he really doesn’t consider OSU as serious competition, id like to see his exact words on that.
You can look it up yourself, USA today, yahoo, ESPN etc. Dabo rated OSU No. 11.

21stamps

Original Poster
You can look it up yourself, USA today, yahoo, ESPN etc. Dabo rated OSU No. 11.

I have already seen it, I was just curious if you would post the actual words.

It wasn’t about Ohio State’s talent, it was about the amount of games they’ve played compared to others.

Hopefully you realize the difference between that, and “doesn’t think seriously of OSU”.

Lilofan

I have already seen it, I was just curious if you would post the actual words.

It wasn’t about Ohio State’s talent, it was about the amount of games they’ve played compared to others.

Hopefully you realize the difference between that, and “doesn’t think seriously of OSU”.
Whether OSU played enough games or not their season comes to an end when they get spanked and beat up and down the field by the mighty Tigers on January 1. Doesn't think seriously of them was my opinion.

21stamps

Original Poster
Whether OSU played enough games or not their season comes to an end when they get spanked and beat up and down the field by the mighty Tigers on January 1. Doesn't think seriously of them was my opinion.

I have no idea what will happen on Jan 1. 🤷‍♀️
I wish the Bucks would have had a full or closer to full season to get more game time on the field, but, in this crazy 2020, it was taken from them. So I don’t know if that’s a significant disadvantage, imo it is a bit of a disadvantage, but I just I hope they work hard in preparation until the playoff, I’m confident they will.

I have no idea why anyone would automatically assume a blow out between two teams who had such a close score in the same game last year, I haven’t really heard that said.. but, you’re entitled to your own opinion on it. I am curious at how you arrived at such an opinion,, Clemson is just ‘that good’ or Ohio State is just ‘that bad’ or just OSU hate as you’ve shown here before.. 😂

One thing I do know, and all of the Buckeyes know, is that game last year was largely decided by a blown call from a referee. This isn’t an opinion, there’s video evidence showing the call was wrong, so I would be able to provide a link if you asked. I think that will motivate them, a lot, we’ll just see if it’s enough to overcome the rollercoaster year they’ve had due to a canceled then reinstated season.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I have no idea what will happen on Jan 1. 🤷‍♀️
I wish the Bucks would have had a full or closer to full season to get more game time on the field, but, in this crazy 2020, it was taken from them. So I don’t know if that’s a significant disadvantage, imo it is a bit of a disadvantage, but I just I hope they work hard in preparation until the playoff, I’m confident they will.

I have no idea why anyone would automatically assume a blow out between two teams who had such a close score in the same game last year, I haven’t really heard that said.. but, you’re entitled to your own opinion on it. I am curious at how you arrived at such an opinion,, Clemson is just ‘that good’ or Ohio State is just ‘that bad’ or just OSU hate as you’ve shown here before.. 😂

One thing I do know, and all of the Buckeyes know, is that game last year was largely decided by a blown call from a referee. This isn’t an opinion, there’s video evidence showing the call was wrong, so I would be able to provide a link if you asked. I think that will motivate them, a lot, we’ll just see if it’s enough to overcome the rollercoaster year they’ve had due to a canceled then reinstated season.
There are also teams that fans hate or dislike like OSU and Michigan. Your crass emoji of laughing is uncalled for and it is very childish. I realized it when I used it a few times and never again. For OSU to struggle to beat Northwestern shows they are going to get spanked by Clemson on January 1. In regards to the OSU loss to Clemson last year the targeting call could go either way but OSU cannot complain and cry to the officials for three red zone opportunities that resulted in field goals and just gaining just 70 yards in the third quarter against the Tigers.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Can you see him staying in school for his Senior year? Speculation he might do so.......I can't see it, but that IS the speculation down here

**edit*** speaking of Draft stock....hopefully Atlanta is in the middle of a come from ahead loss....up 24-7, now it's 24-14
**edit*** x 2 ....killer! Tampa takes the lead 31-27
**edit** x 3 ....Falcons get help from a bad spot giving Tampa game clinching 1st down!!! Falcons lose...yippie!!
Don't think Trevor will stay. The money and guaranteed money offered in the NFL is too much to pass up. If he returns to Clemson, the risk of injury is there. Trevor could be playing in one of the biggest sports market in the world, NYC.

21stamps

Original Poster
There are also teams that fans hate or dislike like OSU and Michigan. Your crass emoji of laughing is uncalled for and it is very childish. I realized it when I used it a few times and never again. For OSU to struggle to beat Northwestern shows they are going to get spanked by Clemson on January 1. In regards to the OSU loss to Clemson last year the targeting call could go either way but OSU cannot complain and cry to the officials for three red zone opportunities that resulted in field goals and just gaining just 70 yards in the third quarter against the Tigers.

Just curious, did you watch either of these 2 games? Because “struggling to beat Northwestern” is not an accurate description of what happened, even without taking a hurt QB and key players into account.. just based on the game itself, it’s a claim that doesn’t mesh if watched.

Also, the call I was referring to last year, as the game changing moment, was a recovery and turnover, which was wrongly called as a fumble.

It’s ok to dislike a team. I loathe Michigan and even more so the Gators, but I like football, so I can dislike teams, without pretending their skill isn’t there.

Lilofan

Just curious, did you watch either of these 2 games? Because “struggling to beat Northwestern” is not an accurate description of what happened, even without taking a hurt QB and key players into account.. just based on the game itself, it’s a claim that doesn’t mesh if watched.

Also, the call I was referring to last year, as the game changing moment, was a recovery and turnover, which was wrongly called as a fumble.

It’s ok to dislike a team. I loathe Michigan and even more so the Gators, but I like football, so I can dislike teams, without pretending their skill isn’t there.
Your opinion of skill is another failed attempt to paint a false narrative on another person. You falsely make up stories on others. That's sad.

Dad 2 M & M

Don't think Trevor will stay. The money and guaranteed money offered in the NFL is too much to pass up. If he returns to Clemson, the risk of injury is there. Trevor could be playing in one of the biggest sports market in the world, NYC.
Or the smallest in Jacksonville.....

pitiful fan base .... creepy current QB whose jersey is a top seller....

Dad 2 M & M

Okay.....

- the SEC rearranged their collective schedule to get the LSU/Bama and LSU/Florida games in....and Florida lost a chance to go to the Dance by losing a rescheduled game

- we all know what the B1G did (many things to manipulate)

and yet the ACC cancelling games to give Clemson and Notre a week off before Championship weekend NEVER gets mentioned?

Dabo’s Ranking
- seemed strange to do that and give Bulletin Board Material....makes me think it’s rigged
- but Dabo plays that slow southern man better than Bobby Bowden ever did...and those not from the South love the implicit feeling of superiority....

never did understand why he (or Clemson) is not hated in the same manner of Bama/OSU/Notre Dame, etc...

They have really gotten some help in the Playoff, with aforementioned blown call, pick plays, and even a doping scandal that the players that failed tests still to this day deny any wrongdoing

But, as long as they beat Bama and OSU, the haters will show them love

they are from the South, represent Southern Football, so after the SEC, I’ll rout for them to host the Trophy

21stamps

Original Poster
Okay.....

- the SEC rearranged their collective schedule to get the LSU/Bama and LSU/Florida games in....and Florida lost a chance to go to the Dance by losing a rescheduled game

- we all know what the B1G did (many things to manipulate)

and yet the ACC cancelling games to give Clemson and Notre a week off before Championship weekend NEVER gets mentioned?

Dabo’s Ranking
- seemed strange to do that and give Bulletin Board Material....makes me think it’s rigged
- but Dabo plays that slow southern man better than Bobby Bowden ever did...and those not from the South love the implicit feeling of superiority....

never did understand why he (or Clemson) is not hated in the same manner of Bama/OSU/Notre Dame, etc...

They have really gotten some help in the Playoff, with aforementioned blown call, pick plays, and even a doping scandal that the players that failed tests still to this day deny any wrongdoing

But, as long as they beat Bama and OSU, the haters will show them love

they are from the South, represent Southern Football, so after the SEC, I’ll rout for them to host the Trophy

I think this whole season is just a mess.. especially the B1G. I just can’t take it out on the players, nothing was their fault, so it’s really hard to say what is fair or not.

I do think, once again, we see that we need an extended playoff. Urban Meyer did a really neat segment on the change since the CFP “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer”. The same teams are going, which has upped their recruiting results, which has affected all the way down the list. Look it up if you have time, it was interesting.

I feel the same confusion about lack of hate for Clemson, but I just chalk it up to the other teams have been hated for so long, that it’s just ingrained at this point. It may change in a few years if Clemson gets more playoff trips and wins a few... just a new “hate no matter what” added to the list.

I’m worried about the matchup, I haven’t checked to see what’s going on with Fields and his hand.. hopefully he’s healthy. I think the Covid protocol was changed to allow players to come back, but who knows if they’ll really be able to play a full game.

2020 is just a strange year, on every front.

Lilofan

Or the smallest in Jacksonville.....

pitiful fan base .... creepy current QB whose jersey is a top seller....
A few years ago billionaire owner Khan of the Jacksonville Jaguars wanted to move the team to London where he lives. I'm not sure if that is still his plan.

21stamps

Original Poster
This is not the segment I was referring to, but it’s a good watch. They have a point, even Urban has changed his mind after seeing the same teams go every year.

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t do well with people’s issue(s) with “fair”

fair is a concept for children.....

this season is about life....flexibility especially

Dad 2 M & M

A few years ago billionaire owner Khan of the Jacksonville Jaguars wanted to move the team to London where he lives. I'm not sure if that is still his plan.
Other Owner’s would kill it...no chance

The REAL owner’s love teams like Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit, NYJ, Cincinatti, Chargers,....etc

21stamps

Original Poster
I don’t do well with people’s issue(s) with “fair”

fair is a concept for children.....

this season is about life....flexibility especially
Well, the big outrage is that it’s “not fair” that OSU will be included, due to the amount of games they were allowed to play.. I don’t think the team should be punished for the B1G’s mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom